Automated pentesting?

This reddit post about this got me thinking about this.

Anybody here have any neat automated setups to share?

Tempted to set something up on a VPS that regularly hits my home static IP...assuming I can get that VPS ToS approved lol.

Comments

  • I'm 90% sure this ain't a blackhat forum and that your not allowed the discuss this here....

  • what james said, I also would love to have a VPS that is able to portscan MY servers but it's probably a pipe dream...

    Contribute your idling VPS/dedi (link), Android (link) or iOS (link) devices to medical research

  • johnkjohnk Hosting Provider

    What exactly is the use case of this? Do you expect your firewall/IPS's config to change? Are you trying to make sure no one exposes any services publicly? Both those should be handled by properly setting up your router/fw.

    The problem with pentesting is that it is limited to the constraints in which you're testing, and therefore is rarely comprehensive of any potential issues.

  • @havoc said:
    This reddit post about this got me thinking about this.

    Anybody here have any neat automated setups to share?

    Tempted to set something up on a VPS that regularly hits my home static IP...assuming I can get that VPS ToS approved lol.

    That link's not working - it points to this forum.

    BikeGremlin I/O
    Mostly WordPress ™

  • @bikegremlin said:

    @havoc said:
    This reddit post about this got me thinking about this.

    Anybody here have any neat automated setups to share?

    Tempted to set something up on a VPS that regularly hits my home static IP...assuming I can get that VPS ToS approved lol.

    That link's not working - it points to this forum.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/homelab/comments/qo3gfu/how_to_continously_pentest_your_network/

    For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

  • I guess some people like probing their own asses regularly.

    ♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

  • skorousskorous OG
    edited November 2021

    @james50a said: I'm 90% sure this ain't a blackhat forum and that your not allowed the discuss this here....

    It would be blackhat if he was scanning other peoples IPs.

    @johnk said: What exactly is the use case of this? Do you expect your firewall/IPS's config to change? Are you trying to make sure no one exposes any services publicly? Both those should be handled by properly setting up your router/fw.

    I interpreted their statement more along the lines of vulnerability testing - looking for exposed services with known exploits, etc... Something along the lines of Nessus.

    Thanked by (1)Brueggus
Sign In or Register to comment.