Bunny.net removes the top up criteria and credit is for lifetime now

Just got this email from them...

At bunny.net, it's our goal to become the most customer centric company in the industry. As part of that, we decided expiring credits are absolutely not our thing.

We are delighted to announce that effective immediately, all grandfathered accounts such as yours that still operate on our old billing system will no longer have their credits expire while still keeping the benefit of not having any monthly minimums.

This means you can enjoy your account balance for the life of your account with no additional payments required as long as you maintain a positive balance.

Thank you for making the internet hop faster! 🚀

Comments

• @ehab said:
    and ?

Keep hopping I guess :)

Thanked by (3)uptime webcraft Ouji
  • havochavoc OGContent Writer

Good timing...think i was coming up on my 12 months

• @contactwajeeh said: all grandfathered accounts such as yours that still operate on our old billing system will no longer have their credits expire while still keeping the benefit of not having any monthly minimums

How do I know if I'm on an account with monthly miniums or not? :)

• I guess check in your client area? I think mine has monthly minimums. That's one reason I haven't used it so far. If I use even a tiny amount I get charged $10 for that month. Gotta say that is annoying and it would be great if they got rid of the minimum too.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @flips said:

@contactwajeeh said: all grandfathered accounts such as yours that still operate on our old billing system will no longer have their credits expire while still keeping the benefit of not having any monthly minimums

How do I know if I'm on an account with monthly miniums or not? :)

I think you can find out by logging in to the bunny.net account and going under billing->history tab to see if you are billed some amount every month. If not you are good...

• I haven't used it yet, just signed up a while back, still has some promo balance untouched. I thought that if I started using it, there was a minimum charge for each month ... But I don't see anything in my Account overview ... :)

• @willie said:
    I guess check in your client area? I think mine has monthly minimums. That's one reason I haven't used it so far. If I use even a tiny amount I get charged $10 for that month. Gotta say that is annoying and it would be great if they got rid of the minimum too.

iirc the minimum is $1/mo. You might want to talk with support if you get charged $10

• Ah ok $1 is better. I'll check the client area. But, my sites have such low traffic that even $1 is probably more than my real usage. Also I wonder if Bunny could feasibly offer something like cloudflare workers someday. I've never used them but they seem like a technical step forward over static cdn caching.

• @willie said: But, my sites have such low traffic that even $1 is probably more than my real usage

Support might be able to help you regarding this. It's always worth a shot :)

@willie said: cloudflare workers

this also might be be available SOON (tm)

• vyasvyas OG
    edited November 2021

@ehab said:
    and ?

Two codes mentioned on OGF.
    Wunderbar if they work!
    (Or if they don’t, then there’s always soap)

Thanked by (1)ehab