Christmas Pre-Sale KVM Deals 3GB ECC RAM | 2 Cores | 40 GB SSD | $4.50 month

13»

Comments

• edited December 2019

LMFTFY

@vpsgeek said: ..people who started out worst then worse than him but today..

Commendable response but feel the red flags are still flying, given previous alleged comments elsewhere.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@elliotc said:
    You better watch out

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• My only skin in the game is evidence. I want hosts succeed, that's all. I suggest @AK_KWH to keep the communication lines open and update the community on the concrete steps taken to address the concerns. Nothing is better for business than honest, transparent communication.

Thanked by (2)uptime AK_KWH

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Hosting ProviderOG

@uptime > @vpsgeek said:

@uptime said:
    Still probably should explicitly address the DDoS protection or lack thereof, if it's still part of your offer?

Looks like they offer shared hosting using Contabo's infrastructure & hence they advertise DDoS protection. The mention of DDoS protection line seems to me, I could be wrong on this, a simple copy/paste from one of their shared hosting offers they made somewhere else, done all in haste, without realizing the impacts.

I have seen people who started out worst then him but today they are respected by the hosting community e.g Bharat B

So when this Khan guy has admitted his mistakes he also deserves a chance

Just my 2 cents!

Yes it was copy/pasted from one of the templates provided to me by one of our sales staff who probably copy/pasted from somewhere else, it would have been better had I fully read what was written in it before copy pasting. That is the mistake I made.

KhanWebHost Cheap Shared Hosting | Cheap KVM VPS (DE,UK,US,FR) | KVM Sale - LES Offers

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Hosting ProviderOG

@uptime said:
    @AK_KWH - that's a surprising and welcome dose of lowend comportment!

I would expect continued skepticism here - which I share to some degree - but certainly can't fault you for the respectful response (if not an entirely satisfying explanation, perhaps still at least a step in the right direction)

Still probably should explicitly address the DDoS protection or lack theteof, if it's still part of your offer?

Also if I might suggest possibly checking in with @cybertech, who might enjoy running a benchmark (usually geekbench) on a temporary sample system, if one might be made available

likewise even though @dahartigan and @poisson have been very (and IMO justifiably) critical so far, I would trust them to be fair and possibly quite helpful in providing feedback, if either of them can be persuaded to do a test of your services.

the provisioning system, network performance and support would probably be the most important things for testers to evaluate at this point - maybe best to allow a sufficient time period for testing (a month seems reasonable)

(just a thought for your consideration - I could be wrong ... but you just might find a few more people here interested and willing to test, in case that feedback and validation might be helpful to you.)

As explained above, it got included by mistake & there is no DDoS protection offered in plans posted in this discussion. However we do provide DDoS protection on our shared hosting plans & I will make sure mistakes like this don't happen in future

Thanked by (1)uptime

KhanWebHost Cheap Shared Hosting | Cheap KVM VPS (DE,UK,US,FR) | KVM Sale - LES Offers