[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@edenten said:

@VirMach said: I wouldn't be able to help anyone here until SolusVM comes back online but I can assure you that the node is online and also not running into the same disk issues it did in the past.

Is there any chance for Buffalo to move to Japan now?

This was going to be automated/activated and offered but I'm considering against it now with all the events that have transpired. I may restrict further migrations/creations on Tokyo after we get these done. We're just getting way too many of these tickets and also we won't have room to do every single person that wants to migrate and it will just end up upsetting some or make them think they've been wronged because the rollout absolutely will not be smooth.

Then I'll have to deal with who gets to go when, etc. I think I will at least try to offer it for those people who completed the survey about a year ago. Outside of that, I don't know.

• @VirMach said: Then I'll have to deal with who gets to go when, etc. I think I will at least try to offer it for those people who completed the survey about a year ago. Outside of that, I don't know.

< joke > I think you should let higher end migration specials migrate. You don't charge transfer fees, right? Papa needs to pimp his ride.< /joke >

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Is there any chance I could pick up a 4GB Chicago pre-order? I'm definitely in no rush to get it activated — idling is the best form of usage — but Chicago's rare enough that I want to jump on the opportunity to grab one :smile:.

SolusVM back up.

@drunekndog said:
    Is there any chance I could pick up a 4GB Chicago pre-order? I'm definitely in no rush to get it activated — idling is the best form of usage — but Chicago's rare enough that I want to jump on the opportunity to grab one :smile:.

Chicago's rare? That's the first time I've heard that. We're going to have extra space left over in Chicago, as in excessive power and bandwidth so it won't be a problem. I'm just not doing any preorders though right now, sorry.

Thanked by (2)skorous drunekndog
  • @VirMach said: Outside of that, I don't know.

Someone migrated because of your eggs. Will not continue?

• thank you for this detailed explanation, and I will always try to understand this and it is clear in the sense that it is still in beta and the development stage for ryzen. I am patient to wait. good luck for @VirMach

@VirMach said:

If you're speaking of rDNS on Ryzen, you can assume long waits and potentially for the request to not be filled for now. None of the systems are built for that yet. With CC, we coded it out using their API. We do not consider rDNS critical and those tickets will most likely not be answered until we clear out the entire ticket queue.

• @VirMach
    Hi, My order number is 6488962051
    Thank you.

@edenten said:

@VirMach said: Outside of that, I don't know.

I don't even think they migrated. I'm pretty sure @FrankZ just signed up for his service being fully broken and stuck in limbo.

Thanked by (2)tototo FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@edenten said:

@VirMach said: Outside of that, I don't know.

I don't even think they migrated. I'm pretty sure @FrankZ just signed up for his service being fully broken and stuck in limbo.

Yep, stuck in migration since yesterday. No worries. It's what I get for playing Russian roulette with VirMach. :scream:

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Hello,

My Order Number is: 8247662033

Thank you.

• @FrankZ said:
    Yep, stuck in migration since yesterday. No worries. It's what I get for playing Russian roulette with VirMach. :scream:

I tried to play Russian roulette as a joke too, but it seems that many people thought of it as a real lottery.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • edited April 2022

Sure happy to see you here!
    And my order ID is: #560703 and my order number is 9906668560

• vyasvyas OG
    edited April 2022

@FrankZ now I really bus spooked you, didn’t I?

Here’s one frm my city

The closest and cleanest shot I could find…

Thanked by (3)FrankZ yoursunny ehab

Squats are the new Push-ups

• @VirMach said: I don't even think they migrated. I'm pretty sure @FrankZ just signed up for his service being fully broken and stuck in limbo.

So now how do I know the results of the Russian roulette. It seems that both people who got migrated only posted the first hashtags.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@vyas - Other then joking around here and there, it really was a VirMach BF thread thing.
    Complements on the very nice bus post.

Thanked by (1)vyas

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• vyasvyas OG
    edited April 2022

@FrankZ said:
    @vyas - Other then joking around here and there, it really was a VirMach BF thread thing.
    Complements on the very nice bus post.

Indeed but since a point was raised (no bus shaming) I thought would clear the air.

Some day, they may return.

Till then 🥂

meanwhile... still mulling AMS or Tokyo.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Squats are the new Push-ups

• Wow, client area is really suffering under the ddos. I had to do 5+ captchas plus a password reset in order to log in, and then I can't reach the screens for individual servers. Will try again later I guess. Sympathy.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited April 2022

oh man im together with mjj on TYC040?

network is real slow now,

yum -y update

is going at 30k/s

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@edenten said: So now how do I know the results of the Russian roulette.

No migration happened. What did happened was...
    I prematurely posted a tag that was for a sale that has not happened yet in the OGF VirMach pre-sale thread.
    This was not the right thing to do, was a poor attempt at humor on my part, and I regret it.
    I commented at the time that I was playing Russian roulette with VirMach. Then things spiraled out of control.
    It ended up more like this Clint Eastwood scene from The good, the bad, and the ugly

Then VirMach shot my Buffalo VPS dead.
    So I suggest thinking very carefully before trying to outwit VirMach.
    Because you may not be able to live with yourself after being responsible for the death of an innocent Buffalo VPS.

Thanked by (2)ehab tototo

@FrankZ said:

@edenten said: So now how do I know the results of the Russian roulette.

No migration happened. What did happened was...
    I prematurely posted a tag that was for a sale that has not happened yet in the OGF VirMach pre-sale thread.
    This was not the right thing to do, was a poor attempt at humor on my part, and I regret it.
    I commented at the time that I was playing Russian roulette with VirMach. Then things spiraled out of control.
    It ended up more like this Clint Eastwood scene from The good, the bad, and the ugly

Then VirMach shot my Buffalo VPS dead.
    So I suggest thinking very carefully before trying to outwit VirMach.
    Because you may not be able to live with yourself after being responsible for the death of an innocent Buffalo VPS.

Too many words, didn't read or understand any of it. All I heard was "post the tag" and "Buffalo dead" which I like, I'm posting it now.

@cybertech said:

> yum -y update
    > 

is going at 30k/s

I'm looking into that node right now to see what's up. Some guy's complaining about it on LET but not providing any information and just getting offended. If you have any information for me let me know.

The node might just be having CPU issues due to a bunch of kernel panics, let me see if this'll fix it.

• @VirMach
    Invoice #1413535
    Thanks.

edited April 2022

@VirMach said:

@cybertech said:

> > yum -y update
    > > 

is going at 30k/s

I'm looking into that node right now to see what's up. Some guy's complaining about it on LET but not providing any information and just getting offended. If you have any information for me let me know.

my personal feeling is that the VM CPU/IO is currently fast, and only the network is "severely limited", and the latency is very high. some packet restriction? (im no network geek)

yum -y update is downloading at 30k/s

since network is slow i have not run any YABS yet.

tried to reinstall Debian 11 using client panel, but it doesnt work.

tried to access SolusVM from client panel, but it asks for login details (which I dont have)

edited April 2022

well i might be wrong, YABS is stuck on FIO, so disk is also an issue for me

[root@ZealousFat-VM ~]# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -4i
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-02-18                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Fri Apr  8 01:15:27 EDT 2022

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 3693.062 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 2.3 GiB
    Swap       : 256.0 MiB
    Disk       : 49.0 GiB

Preparing system for disk tests...

which is odd because IOWait is 0.0

@cybertech said: my personal feeling is that the VM CPU/IO is currently fast, and only the network is "severely limited", and the latency is very high. some packet restriction? (im no network geek)

CPU is important for networking and pretty much everything. I've had cases where customers complain of networking being slow and it turns out it's because their VM is extremely limited in CPU (one Intel core in the past) and they're doing to do some massive network operations that basically cause it to run out of processing power. Change it to two cores, and it's fixed.

In this case the entire node is potentially having CPU spikes in a way where it's limiting the network performance. Certain types of CPU usage can cause this to happen and I suspect that.

To be clear, Tokyo is still waiting for 40Gbps uplink but other servers are not having as much issue as this node right now, they're getting normal/much better speeds. I'm working on this now and already making some progress, there's a few more of these kernel panic VMs that need to be powered down.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

@cybertech said:

> [root@ZealousFat-VM ~]# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -4i
    > # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    > #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    > #                     v2022-02-18                    #
    > # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    > # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    > 
    > Fri Apr  8 01:15:27 EDT 2022
    > 
    > Basic System Information:
    > ---------------------------------
    > Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
    > CPU cores  : 2 @ 3693.062 MHz
    > AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    > VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    > RAM        : 2.3 GiB
    > Swap       : 256.0 MiB
    > Disk       : 49.0 GiB
    > 
    > Preparing system for disk tests...
    > 

What OS and plan?

edited April 2022

@VirMach said:

@cybertech said:

> > [root@ZealousFat-VM ~]# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -4i
    > > # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    > > #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    > > #                     v2022-02-18                    #
    > > # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    > > # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    > > 
    > > Fri Apr  8 01:15:27 EDT 2022
    > > 
    > > Basic System Information:
    > > ---------------------------------
    > > Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
    > > CPU cores  : 2 @ 3693.062 MHz
    > > AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    > > VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    > > RAM        : 2.3 GiB
    > > Swap       : 256.0 MiB
    > > Disk       : 49.0 GiB
    > > 
    > > Preparing system for disk tests...
    > > 

What OS and plan?

you could be right on the CPU, it probably had to wait for processing power to perform as below:

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    ---------------------------------
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 405.26 MB/s (101.3k) | 960.79 MB/s  (15.0k)
    Write      | 406.33 MB/s (101.5k) | 965.85 MB/s  (15.0k)
    Total      | 811.59 MB/s (202.8k) | 1.92 GB/s    (30.1k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 948.41 MB/s   (1.8k) | 893.29 MB/s    (872)
    Write      | 998.80 MB/s   (1.9k) | 952.78 MB/s    (930)
    Total      | 1.94 GB/s     (3.8k) | 1.84 GB/s     (1.8k)

i feel that apart from slow network, executing install commands are fast. my steal is 0.2st.

Almaxlinux 8.3
    2560mb pre-order plan

looks like like network is on

AS23959 owl limited

@cybertech said: i feel that apart from slow network, executing install commands are fast. my steal is 0.2st.

Yeah it's weird the CPU usage isn't causing it to "overload" in the sense that there would be a lot of steal, it's just a few of these going into kernel panic and high system interrupts as a result and that's what's causing networking to be terrible. I'm testing it now after the powerdowns to see if there's an improvement.

edited April 2022

@VirMach said:

@cybertech said: i feel that apart from slow network, executing install commands are fast. my steal is 0.2st.

Yeah it's weird the CPU usage isn't causing it to "overload" in the sense that there would be a lot of steal, it's just a few of these going into kernel panic and high system interrupts as a result and that's what's causing networking to be terrible. I'm testing it now after the powerdowns to see if there's an improvement.

yes "interrupt" sounds like it.

i'm just gonna leave it here first while i do actual work, feel free to tag or PM me if you need any other tests, or if you wanna double my bandwidth that i will never use.

This discussion has been closed.