[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• edited September 2022

I strongly recommend traffic shaving for the VPS migrated to Tokyo.

For example, Reduce bandwidth to a third of what it was before, and the available bandwidth does not exceed 800G.

It's you who didn't set the right additional conditions for migrating to Tokyo, making them look for every opportunities.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited September 2022

Thanks for all the feedback. I've probably written a dozen different replies and started over, with many going very in depth and replying to everyone and others trying to be concise. I've definitely read every single reply and everyone has made very good points. I'm still thinking about it and will make a comment later but I want to continue providing updates about everything else.

Update: San Jose networking configuration has been updated & improved successfully. This was planned but held up for several weeks so I'm glad we were able to finally get it done. As expected, load levels have dropped and CPU usage has improved dramatically.

Example:

I'll add the Looking Glass today.

@foxcoo said:

@cybertech said:

@foxcoo said:
    Why argue about such things? The reason why people on loc are frantically migrating to Tokyo is because there are some people, who used the normal migration button, but they had a problem with their machine that lasted for a long time, even a month, without being resolved. But after migration, it was possible for the machine to recover, so it caused people to frantically take advantage of the mistake.The second reason is that the Great Firewall exists in China, so MJJ in Tokyo is almost always used to set up VPN services, and because Tokyo is so close to China, the experience of using it will be good. Where is there abuse?The third reason is that the Tokyo owner's machine is very good as far as performance and internet experience is concerned, plus the price is very cheap, so MJJs are snapping it up, despite the high prices from scalpers.
    The final decision still depends on what the virmach boss thinks, and there is currently a lot of debate within the loc. Some of the comments are quite excessive (these people I believe are scalpers) and there are some people who really want to continue using virmach's services.
    Even the racists are showing up, so sad for you.

so it is not wrong to exploit the migration function?

Of course this behavior is wrong, most of these bugs are used by scalpers and then sold at high prices and end up in the hands of users. What I mean is that the boss should think more about the users, because these methods can't punish to those scalpers.

What would it take to end scalpers or realistically reduce the rate at which someone finds themselves having to go to them?

As in what's the going rate for a VPS that renews at X price for both Tokyo and other locations? If we created a special that was similar to a scalper's deal to give people the chance, should we have high enough level of stock (such as $X per year plus $X setup fee.) I understand at this point it's difficult to give a specific answer as there are many different services from the black friday flash deals but perhaps some general formula for level of value or a few different examples where I can derive a formula.

I'd rather consider meeting this demand than having people get stuck in a shady situation where they make a purchase of an account that carries the entire potential problematic history of how it was obtained and the inherent issue of it all being against our terms of service when it's not transferred properly.

And as another second set of questions, what is the volume? Are we talking a black market of a hundred? A thousand? More?

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @foitin said:

@ripeapple said:
    stop being a racist asshole

Did you sign up to flaunt your ignorance here?
    Tell us which Asian countries it's from then?

How about asking your fellow MJJ not to bombard providers with stupid work orders, not to take migration, which is offered to non migration special plans out of goodwill for granted and especially not to exploit system loopholes.

you are kinda overconfident, lol, you are never worthy of my attention

racist and ignorant, confirmed

• @vyas said:

@ripeapple said:

@foitin said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

I bet you haven't bothered to look at ANY history of proceedings. Bombarded by all sides - particularly Asian "work orders",

Hey. It's not "Asian" work orders.
    It's from drawing

You are being Lacist.
    My country is also in the same continent (Asia), and I consider if offensive to me and my nation that poor action by MJJs from ONE country labels me as an abuser by extension. Same applies for 45 other countries in the continent.
    That is certainly very Anal.

do you know what you are saying? I doubt it

• @foitin said:

@ripeapple said:

Did you sign up to flaunt your ignorance here?
    Tell us which Asian countries it's from then?

How about asking your fellow MJJ not to bombard providers with stupid work orders, not to take migration, which is offered to non migration special plans out of goodwill for granted and especially not to exploit system loopholes.

Why should I help to deliver your message? who do you think you are?

If you are concerned with Mjj, do it yourself. I'm not your father and I'm not responsible for you

• edited September 2022

@VirMach
    Got a stolen IP on one of my well established NYC servers. Culprit: excaliburz.tk
    (Looks like a scamming, spamming, port scanning b'stard domain, to me!)
    I was notified of a console login to the VPS and now unable to ssh into the VPS. My VPS may/may not have been compromised, as the control panel now redirects to the above mentioned domain.
    (I can't login to billing, to raise a Ticket, as my email is still locked out.)

Totally excessive wishful thinking: you've reassigned the IP, in order to restore the missing two. :p

Ticket #763166

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @VirMach said: More plans should be able to use the Ryzen Migrate button now.

I even lost the option of paid migration despite the fact that I have never seen any other options like Ryzen Migrate.

@VirMach Before you solve your problems with new locations, don't you need to satisfy your current customers, whose problems appeared after your forced migration?
    My services are now not in the locations that I ordered and expected. I still cannot get an algorithm of actions from you to return everything at least to the state that was for your forced migration.

It would just be more decent to fix what you have broken in order to move on and set new goals and challenges.

Thanked by (1)Lurkrazy
  • @j0rmo said:
    OPTION #3A

I think both parties are responsible.

Some people act rudely because VIRMACH is too slow to deal with some VPS issues.

And Overwhelmed ticket systems created communication barriers on both sides.

@VirMach said:
    Thanks for all the feedback. I've probably written a dozen different replies and started over, with many going very in depth and replying to everyone and others trying to be concise. I've definitely read every single reply and everyone has made very good points. I'm still thinking about it and will make a comment later but I want to continue providing updates about everything else.

Update: San Jose networking configuration has been updated & improved successfully. This was planned but held up for several weeks so I'm glad we were able to finally get it done. As expected, load levels have dropped and CPU usage has improved dramatically.

Example:

@foxcoo said:

@cybertech said:

@foxcoo said:
    Why argue about such things? The reason why people on loc are frantically migrating to Tokyo is because there are some people, who used the normal migration button, but they had a problem with their machine that lasted for a long time, even a month, without being resolved. But after migration, it was possible for the machine to recover, so it caused people to frantically take advantage of the mistake.The second reason is that the Great Firewall exists in China, so MJJ in Tokyo is almost always used to set up VPN services, and because Tokyo is so close to China, the experience of using it will be good. Where is there abuse?The third reason is that the Tokyo owner's machine is very good as far as performance and internet experience is concerned, plus the price is very cheap, so MJJs are snapping it up, despite the high prices from scalpers.
    The final decision still depends on what the virmach boss thinks, and there is currently a lot of debate within the loc. Some of the comments are quite excessive (these people I believe are scalpers) and there are some people who really want to continue using virmach's services.

Of course this behavior is wrong, most of these bugs are used by scalpers and then sold at high prices and end up in the hands of users. What I mean is that the boss should think more about the users, because these methods can't punish to those scalpers.

What would it take to end scalpers or realistically reduce the rate at which someone finds themselves having to go to them?

As in what's the going rate for a VPS that renews at X price for both Tokyo and other locations? If we created a special that was similar to a scalper's deal to give people the chance, should we have high enough level of stock (such as $X per year plus $X setup fee.) I understand at this point it's difficult to give a specific answer as there are many different services from the black friday flash deals but perhaps some general formula for level of value or a few different examples where I can derive a formula.

I'd rather consider meeting this demand than having people get stuck in a shady situation where they make a purchase of an account that carries the entire potential problematic history of how it was obtained and the inherent issue of it all being against our terms of service when it's not transferred properly.

And as another second set of questions, what is the volume? Are we talking a black market of a hundred? A thousand? More?

Boss you can think about it in a different way. Why are these people going crazy to scalpers to buy accounts? The reason is that the service you offer in Tokyo is more attractive compared to your peers and you can get a machine with good configuration and performance for a very cheap price.
    What I'm trying to say is that since people like it so much, your approach should not be to prevent them from getting your services, but to convert these people into your own target customers. This is not a black market with a few hundred people, this is a place with a few hundred clients. Even though they're not doing it right. What you urgently need to do now is to position your product well. Honestly, you didn't position your product well and then opened up the Tokyo immigration option, resulting in those low cost products becoming "Tokyo".
    Of course, I'm a layman so maybe I'm thinking too easy as cost constraints don't allow you to do much more. Maybe you could open up a button to transfer services if people want to trade accounts? Then review it. During the vetting process you could charge a service fee to balance the costs.

• @xiaoyaoking said:

Status Offline
    Node Name TYOC035

It has been offline for one month.

I told them before.But someone said:This is not 'ignore'.

• @j0rmo said:
    OPTION #3A

Some people act rudely because VIRMACH is too slow to deal with some VPS issues.

true

Thanked by (1)j0rmo
  • edited September 2022

@soulchief said:

@ripeapple said:

@foitin said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

I bet you haven't bothered to look at ANY history of proceedings. Bombarded by all sides - particularly Asian "work orders",

Hey. It's not "Asian" work orders.
    It's from drawing

Stop abusing shit.

Also, why the hell do you think that was racist? When all these abusers are selling their vps for Chinese currency it's safe to say they are all from China and not another Asian country.

stopping your racist mentality is a good thing for yourself, to be honest, your small brain needs a rest, and you need some training on logic. It's ridiculous to correlate the collective action of a certain race with the currency that a few folks use...emm, I wonder if it is too difficult for you to understand

• edited September 2022

@foxcoo said:

@j0rmo said:
    OPTION #3A

@VirMach said:

Example:

@foxcoo said:

@cybertech said:

@foxcoo said:

Boss you can think about it in a different way. Why are these people going crazy to scalpers to buy accounts? The reason is that the service you offer in Tokyo is more attractive compared to your peers and you can get a machine with good configuration and performance for a very cheap price.
    What I'm trying to say is that since people like it so much, your approach should not be to prevent them from getting your services, but to convert these people into your own target customers. This is not a black market with a few hundred people, this is a place with a few hundred clients. Even though they're not doing it right. What you urgently need to do now is to position your product well. Honestly, you didn't position your product well and then opened up the Tokyo immigration option, resulting in those low cost products becoming "Tokyo".
    Of course, I'm a layman so maybe I'm thinking too easy as cost constraints don't allow you to do much more. Maybe you could open up a button to transfer services if people want to trade accounts? Then review it. During the vetting process you could charge a service fee to balance the costs.

push vps?
    push fee 5$😄?

We've brought back KVM Lite plans, with some additional modifications. At least for now.

Most prices are lower now. Enterprise+ is also back but with less RAM (only 4GB instead of 8GB) and there's some additional restrictions such as port speed restrictions for the lower plans (it goes 100Mbps, 250Mbps, 500Mbps, and 1Gbps.)

We still have the fair use disk space, no custom ISO mount requests, no customizations, and the additional CPU restrictions. There are also additional feature restrictions now, some of which haven't been implemented yet but will be advertised (we have to code in potentially grandfathering in some of these for older services.) No rDNS/PTR. No migrations. No IP changes. No port 25/80/443 (not currently implemented but will be advertised as such. We may reverse this decision later but will advertise it this way until we're sure we won't do it.) Right now it's Ryzen but later on we might change it to Epyc and perhaps increase the number of cores again. Later we may switch these to only land on the older non-Gen4 and older 3000 series Ryzen only but for now it can be both (random.) And then no IPv6 just to be a dick (I mean technically our regular plans don't advertise that either yet but this one probably won't have it at all, one less thing to create a support ticket about.)

This is still all in the early stages so it might change later, just read the page before buying if you do.

Page & pricing:
    https://virmach.com/best-cheapest-linux-vps/

Expect some potential errors as I just made these changes.

@Unicom said:
    @VirMach Before you solve your problems with new locations, don't you need to satisfy your current customers, whose problems appeared after your forced migration?
    My services are now not in the locations that I ordered and expected. I still cannot get an algorithm of actions from you to return everything at least to the state that was for your forced migration.

It would just be more decent to fix what you have broken in order to move on and set new goals and challenges.

You look potentially familiar and based on the number of comments you've made trying to get attention for your specific issues, and what you're saying now about the buttons having gone missing as well as your displeasure, I'm going to guess that there's a possibility your account may have been marked as problematic and therefore not able to use those features.

If that is true (and I'm only making a lot of assumptions here, I may be totally wrong in which case I apologize) then it sounds like you might already have one or more tickets created about this issue in which case we'll still definitely help you out when we get to it.

Otherwise, if you [a] haven't spammed tickets in the past, [b] haven't spammed ticket IDs in the past, [c] haven't already created a ticket, then please make one in priority department and give me the ID as I'd like to see what else could be going wrong.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ ripeapple
  • atomiatomi OG
    edited September 2022

This looks quite empty to me
    Force refresh did some magic

Thanked by (1)VirMach
  • @WeiHo said:

@xiaoyaoking said:

Status Offline
    Node Name TYOC035

I explained why too. Keep working at it. I have faith you'll figure it out.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • @skorous said:

@WeiHo said:

@xiaoyaoking said:

Status Offline
    Node Name TYOC035

It is self-deception. Believe myself is my best choice.

• @WeiHo said:

@skorous said:

@WeiHo said:

@xiaoyaoking said:

Status Offline
    Node Name TYOC035

It is self-deception.

You're saying I don't really believe you'll figure it out? Interesting. I'll reflect on this and see. Maybe you're right.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • @VirMach said:
    We've brought back KVM Lite plans, with some additional modifications. At least for now.

Most prices are lower now. Enterprise+ is also back but with less RAM (only 4GB instead of 8GB) and there's some additional restrictions such as port speed restrictions for the lower plans (it goes 100Mbps, 250Mbps, 500Mbps, and 1Gbps.)

Is this why one of my San Jose VMs seems capped at 100mbps? I picked up the following plan from this thread:
    4GB RAM
    80GB NVMe
    3 vCore Ryzen CPU
    8TB @ 1Gbps Bandwidth
    1x IPv4 Address

And recently the port speed god knocked down from 1g to 100m. If this is expected, that's more than fine. I just didn't want to make an unneeded ticket about it.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

@fluttershy said:

@VirMach said:

Is this why one of my San Jose VMs seems capped at 100mbps? I picked up the following plan from this thread:
    4GB RAM
    80GB NVMe
    3 vCore Ryzen CPU
    8TB @ 1Gbps Bandwidth
    1x IPv4 Address

And recently the port speed god knocked down from 1g to 100m. If this is expected, that's more than fine. I just didn't want to make an unneeded ticket about it.

It wouldn't be retroactive or applied to other plans, and no, that's the issue I'm looking into still. It's potentially some problem upstream. I haven't had time to see if it's only affecting certain servers, if it's on our end, etc. Once I do I'll probably open a network status page for it.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @VirMach said: You look potentially familiar and based on the number of comments you've made trying to get attention for your specific issues, and what you're saying now about the buttons having gone missing as well as your displeasure, I'm going to guess that there's a possibility your account may have been marked as problematic and therefore not able to use those features.

I don't know how you classify accounts within your system and what categories you divide your customers into. However, I seem to be paying all the bills and my money is exactly the same as the money of any other client of yours. Accordingly, I do not understand why I should have fewer rights than any other of your clients (within the same tariff plan, of course). I have definitely never spammed or abused your system in any way. I also haven't opened a ticket on this issue yet because I just wanted to know what exactly I need to do to return everything to its original state and I was not going to be intrusive. I would even be satisfied with an answer from someone in the community if it was helpful.

My displeasure is primarily due to the fact that the last few pages of discussion are problems that concern maybe 5% of your customers who have something happen in Tokyo. However, according to the statistics of my account, when out of only 11 services, almost half changed their location, and one does not work, a lot more clients should have these problems (well, or I'm so unlucky). Yes, these are my private problems, but this is what worries me, and not something out there in Tokyo.

@VirMach said: Otherwise, if you [a] haven't spammed tickets in the past, [b] haven't spammed ticket IDs in the past, [c] haven't already created a ticket, then please make one in priority department and give me the ID as I'd like to see what else could be going wrong.

Ticket #707014 (opened now).
    You should know that before I came here with this problem, I waited quite a long time from the beginning of the migration so that all the more important problems were already solved. And looking at the server status page, it is. However, given that you apparently have clients of several varieties with different privileges, I cannot solve this problem on my own. Or maybe I'm just really unlucky.

• Thanks @Virmach for getting me access to the Client Area again. One less worry. ;)

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Thanks @Virmach for getting me access to the Client Area again. One less worry. ;)

That's 49 sit-ups for you.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said: That's 49 sit-ups for you.

Arrgh! Reckon I wouldn't live past 10, literally!

edited September 2022

@Unicom said:
    I don't know how you classify accounts within your system and what categories you divide your customers into. However, I seem to be paying all the bills and my money is exactly the same as the money of any other client of yours. Accordingly, I do not understand why I should have fewer rights than any other of your clients (within the same tariff plan, of course).

Well to start, if your whole thing is being treated equal then you'd possibly understand the inherent problem then with coming on a message board to report a problem and it does get addressed in a way where it would benefit more than one person, but ultimately turns into an issue more specific to your account.

I understand in some cases it's productive to do that especially if it's something strange we haven't already discussed, an issue affecting multiple people, etc.

However it definitely sounded more like you were specifically concerned about your services and your services only, rather than providing helpful information to get a potential bug resolved.

I have confirmed that your account should not have access to the additional tools we added. As in, it's not a bug. It is not related to the most common reasons I mentioned, it's something else. This does NOT mean that you won't be able to get your services back to where they originally were. It just means you can't buy additional migrations from us or use the Ryzen migrate feature.

The only other solution in this case, if you are truly offended by having some additional buttons that were added as a courtesy and not necessarily a selling feature of your packages at the time you purchased it, would be to discontinue the contracts. I know it sounds harsh but if everyone else could see why your account is in this state I'm sure they would be more understanding. I don't want to say anything else publicly for your own privacy.

My displeasure is primarily due to the fact that the last few pages of discussion are problems that concern maybe 5% of your customers who have something happen in Tokyo. However, according to the statistics of my account, when out of only 11 services, almost half changed their location, and one does not work, a lot more clients should have these problems (well, or I'm so unlucky). Yes, these are my private problems, but this is what worries me, and not something out there in Tokyo.

Well yes the last few pages are a discussion based on what multiple people decided to talk about, something potentially affected around 200 people. I don't understand how you're displeased because you assume what's being talked about is not worthy because it, according to your words, concerns maybe 5% of our customers. Yet you want us to instead focus more on something that you believe affects way more than 5% of our customers. Now even if this were true, which it probably isn't since less people are talking about it naturally, the second option is that less people are talking about it since it's not on the same severity.

Yes, some services were changed locations when they got upgraded to Ryzen. This was already announced/discussed when we notified people of upcoming migrations. So your core issue is something that was expected.

As for the rest of it, it's interesting that what I would consider to be of higher severity was hardly mentioned previously:

@Unicom said: and one does not work

Or maybe you did mention it as much but without details here I wouldn't be able to be helpful. Now that I'm looking at your account though, I can tell you that this is concerning something I've already mentioned that does affect more than one person so you'll be happy to hear that it will be resolved and you'll be credited, along with everyone else at the same time. I'm closing that ticket so it doesn't get merged with your new one.

@Unicom said: I have definitely never spammed or abused your system in any way. I also haven't opened a ticket on this issue yet because I just wanted to know what exactly I need to do to return everything to its original state and I was not going to be intrusive. I would even be satisfied with an answer from someone in the community if it was helpful.

This is fine. I was only providing an explanation of the potential reasons based on the information you provided me. I wasn't trying to argue with you or say you shouldn't be able to discuss what you want. Just please don't expect to have my guaranteed attention to get faster support. Sometimes it might work if I believe it might help others, which I originally did for you and a few others, and sometimes it's more likely that it's just you and I may not take a look.

Thanked by (1)theloafingone
  • @AlwaysSkint said:

@yoursunny said: That's 49 sit-ups for you.

Arrgh! Reckon I wouldn't live past 10, literally!

The upper limit for El Gato is 9.
    For Mr. Bond is twice
    Most Hoomans it is one.

Squats are the new Push-ups

• ogvogv
    edited September 2022

@VirMach 3A
    Both sides have problems. There are too many vps in question and it lasts for a long time. Cause many people to forcefully migrate to resurrect vps

• @VirMach said:

I think in the past you mentioned that when you change the details of plans it has a side-effect of messing with old packages that share the same plan name, I've still got an old Pro+ LITE from 2018 active, are these changes something I need to worry about affecting my plan as well?

You look potentially familiar and based on the number of comments you've made trying to get attention for your specific issues, and what you're saying now about the buttons having gone missing as well as your displeasure, I'm going to guess that there's a possibility your account may have been marked as problematic and therefore not able to use those features.

As an aside though, the paid migration list of locations is back to empty here as well, I just assumed you turned it off again because that's how it was before the recent reenabling, if you didn't mean to disable paid migrations you might check into it. Ryzen migrate button is still showing up on all of the services it was previously and the list of locations populates there.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:
    It wouldn't be retroactive or applied to other plans, and no, that's the issue I'm looking into still. It's potentially some problem upstream. I haven't had time to see if it's only affecting certain servers, if it's on our end, etc. Once I do I'll probably open a network status page for it.

Gotcha, thanks for the response! Guess I'll wait, just glad to know it's not an issue on my end :)

• @AlwaysSkint said: (Looks like a scamming, spamming, port scanning b'stard domain, to me!)

I have one for years, XXX.hostmail-server.net which sadly i asked couple times via ticket for rdns to be changed but all i got was virmach credit :)

ServerStatus , slackvpn <-- openVPN auto install script for Slackware 15

• @Ademan said:

@VirMach said:
    (edit) I'll try to locate the older backups and on the chance that you're insanely lucky and it's there, it happened to be the specific segment that got copied over fully intact, and so on. It'll take several days at the very least. Make sure you have a priority ticket if you already don't.

I think that's really the best I can hope for at this point, thank you for going the extra mile on this! My latest backup is (negligently on my part...) ~May, so if you have anything newer than that, I'll take it! Late June would be great, an obviously if there was something from that week I'd be over the moon.

RE: priority ticket, I created a very general one should I have a specific one for a backup restoration? The ticket I already created won't let me reply to it even to add context I missed when I created it heh.

Hey @VirMach I know you're fighting other fires I just wanted to make sure this was still on your radar. I created a new priority ticket since my original one was closed (???)

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.