Content Writers ! What is all the fuzz about ? Look here

mikhomikho AdministratorHosting ProviderOG
edited April 15 in General

Behind the scenes, talks have been held regarding the Content Writer tag and how to introduce new writers and at the same time keep the ones we have.

In the past, this has been an unpaid "job" with a dream of how it could be. We could discuss it all day long but articles/tutorials/how-tos are attractive to Google and rank high when searching for solutions.

As @Mason posted in https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/4051/les-updates-april-2022-welcome-to-lowendspirit-com we moved away from WordPress as we didn't use it enough to make it worth the time and effort to keep one more system patched and updated.

As we now have brought those articles to the forum, we invite more of our community members to become Content Writers and get paid for writing articles.

I've written a (for now) short introduction to our thoughts on it, and we are now open for comments and suggestions/clarifications on the text and perhaps even applications for the Content Writer role.

Everything (?) should be explained on this page

Do note that this is still considered a "pilot" and if you want changes, this is the time to let us know so we can listen and consider changes.

Get 4 or more NAT servers (mix/match between packages) and get a 30 % recurring discount. https://clients.mrvm.net

Thanked by (1)_MS_

Comments

  • _MS__MS_ OG
    edited April 15

    I like the fact that now you need to write posts frequently with a certain number of words to keep the 'Content Writer' tag "alive".

    Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • mikhomikho AdministratorHosting ProviderOG

    MS said:
    I like the fact that now you need to write posts frequently with a certain number of words to keep the 'Content Writer' tag "alive".

    This was always the intention from the beginning.

    I can only admit that @Mason and I haven’t lives up to the guidelines written by Ant due to that there were only a few writers.

    We hope, by adding a moneytary value, more people will step up and make some extra cash by writing a few words in a post.

    Thanked by (1)_MS_

    Get 4 or more NAT servers (mix/match between packages) and get a 30 % recurring discount. https://clients.mrvm.net

  • What sort of content do you hope to get?

  • Content that is written and paid for, posted on, and promoted on the LES blog should be treated as exclusive to LES and not reposted elsewhere in its entirety.

    If I write a 599-word article every 3 months, I can receive the rare Content Writer tag and still cross-post the article since it's not paid for, correct?

    Hammer the cores and blast the ports with no mercy.

  • vyasvyas OGContent Writer
    edited April 16

    @yoursunny said:

    Content that is written and paid for, posted on, and promoted on the LES blog should be treated as exclusive to LES and not reposted elsewhere in its entirety.

    If I write a 599-word article every 3 months, I can receive the rare Content Writer tag and still cross-post the article since it's not paid for, correct?

    I think it is more like
    submit
    1*600 words post (get the tag, no confusion on wc, everybody’s good)
    Followed by even write 300 or 400 word posts every quarter to keep the tag as of now

    VPS reviews | | MicroLXC | English is my nth language.

  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

    looks like paydays coming for @vyas ! salute to content writers

    Thanked by (2)vyas mikho

    I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

  • vyasvyas OGContent Writer

    @cybertech said:
    looks like paydays coming for @vyas ! salute to content writers

    Thanks, but I have mentioned it elsewhere that the real value is in building a portfolio of sorts for someone looking to get into the space of content writing. Name appearing in search results over a period of time, of course. The $$ of course is a validation that one's writing has some value. So yeah, writing takes a bit of effort but worth it IMO. Give it a try (suggestion for you: what I learnt from running 100s of YABS benchmarks)

    VPS reviews | | MicroLXC | English is my nth language.

  • mikhomikho AdministratorHosting ProviderOG

    @yoursunny said:

    Content that is written and paid for, posted on, and promoted on the LES blog should be treated as exclusive to LES and not reposted elsewhere in its entirety.

    If I write a 599-word article every 3 months, I can receive the rare Content Writer tag and still cross-post the article since it's not paid for, correct?

    As long as its unpaid for, no matter the wordcount, its yours to do what you want with it.
    All we ask for is that it is posted here first and then elsewhere on a later time.

    To get paid, if that is what interest you, the article must have more then 600 words.

    To keep the Tag, you can continue to write a 200-300 word article every 2-3 months.

    What we hope for is to get more interest and have more people share their knowledge and write stories how they managed to get things installed.
    Don’t exclude your hard work when things fail in the process, other will learn and its a nice way to get paid for your documentation.

    Get 4 or more NAT servers (mix/match between packages) and get a 30 % recurring discount. https://clients.mrvm.net

  • mikhomikho AdministratorHosting ProviderOG

    @BarryHercules said:
    What sort of content do you hope to get?

    Content that are of interest for this community.
    A night out with the fellas where you danced with unicorns and woke up in your neighbours garden shed.

    Unles there is a technical aspect, on how you built this drinking machine using only open sourced/kickstarter projects.

    Get 4 or more NAT servers (mix/match between packages) and get a 30 % recurring discount. https://clients.mrvm.net

  • So here’s what I’m thinking… a series of casual interviews with the great and the good of the LE*, in a conversational format (maybe a chat via Signal or similar) rather than a set of questions sent and replied to.

    It’ll be more about getting to know the person underneath behind the username than talking about technical or business stuff. Working title is ‘Drinks with….’.

    I’d kick it off with a couple of interviews and see what the reception is, if folks like it then we’d expand it so anyone could do an interview using the same format, so long as it’s not a paid article.

    Thoughts?

    Thanked by (2)mikho Mason
  • mikhomikho AdministratorHosting ProviderOG

    @BarryHercules said:
    So here’s what I’m thinking… a series of casual interviews with the great and the good of the LE*, in a conversational format (maybe a chat via Signal or similar) rather than a set of questions sent and replied to.

    It’ll be more about getting to know the person underneath behind the username than talking about technical or business stuff. Working title is ‘Drinks with….’.

    I’d kick it off with a couple of interviews and see what the reception is, if folks like it then we’d expand it so anyone could do an interview using the same format, so long as it’s not a paid article.

    Thoughts?

    Around the time @Mason and I was elected, I reached out to @oliau to try and find some time to have a talk about the old LES and what he is up to nowadays.

    We never found a good time for both of us and eventually it faded away.
    I do agree that it would be interesting to have a casual chat with people and then write an article around that discussion.

    Get 4 or more NAT servers (mix/match between packages) and get a 30 % recurring discount. https://clients.mrvm.net

Sign In or Register to comment.