Ympker's New Flat - Suggestions/Advice

2»

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited June 2022

@chris said:
    Eat whatever and enjoy your GF! The rest is irrelevant in the footnotes of a long marriage 😝

Best of luck in your new home

The KISS principle, I see :D

Thanks for the good wishes, mate!

• You know, me and my wife lived in abject poverty looking back! Some of the happiest times though!

Sat laughing our heads off on a free sofa - we still do the same on overpriced ones.... but with less responsibility 😁

Serious advice, save up for the perfect item - never settle for something not quite right, we've wasted loads that way! Cable every room and still get mesh WiFi!

edited June 2022

@chris said:
    You know, me and my wife lived in abject poverty looking back! Some of the happiest times though!

I can imagine :D Even with little money, life can be enjoyed. As students we certainly can't spend that much either :P

Sat laughing our heads off on a free sofa - we still do the same on overpriced ones.... but with less responsibility 😁

Sounds like you guys had a great and memorable time back then! Those kinda memories are the best :P

Serious advice, save up for the perfect item - never settle for something not quite right, we've wasted loads that way! Cable every room and still get mesh WiFi!

Noted! Better to get the better one straight away (even if saving longer for it) than buying cheap and replace.

Thanks for the advice!

Thanked by (1)chris
  • Living with a woman often means you face a choice between being right and being happy. Choose wisely.
    Everything else falls into the correct place over time. :)

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin Ympker

Wondering whether I should just buy a 20meter LAN cable to connect the second pc in bedroom to the internet. Will I notice a big difference in between a 20m Cat 5e and Cat 8 cable?

• "Always buy the best, never settle" - Me to anyone, anytime I get the opportunity 😛

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@chris said:
    "Always buy the best, never settle" - Me to anyone, anytime I get the opportunity 😛

Haha alright :D I understand the Cat 8 shields a bit better against outward interference than the Cat 5e, so for a long distance of 20 meters that's probably better :)

@Falzo do you know anything about those fancy cables?

• @Ympker said:
    Wondering whether I should just buy a 20meter LAN cable to connect the second pc in bedroom to the internet. Will I notice a big difference in between a 20m Cat 5e and Cat 8 cable?

no you won't.

Thanked by (2)Ympker bikegremlin

@Falzo said:

@Ympker said:

no you won't.

Thanks. Then I'll go for the cheaper one :)

• Future proof your entire life 😛

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

I'd got for cat6 if they have it on hand...likely to be similar price as 5e

7 & 8 tends to be a lot stiffer than 5/6 so is a pain to pull in

Thanked by (2)Ympker bikegremlin

@havoc said:
    I'd got for cat6 if they have it on hand...likely to be similar price as 5e

7 & 8 tends to be a lot stiffer than 5/6 so is a pain to pull in

Good advice. Thanks!