What is the OG user group?

Comments

• @uptime said:
    oh hey @sanvit how you doing O.G.

y'all got any more of that 1fichier? :)

Nah, not as of now. I can help you get one at the original price if you want tho.

@poisson said:

@sanvit said:
    Awesome :)

Gonna see you here more often?

Absolutely! really liking this community :)

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • @sanvit said:

@uptime said:
    oh hey @sanvit how you doing O.G.

y'all got any more of that 1fichier? :)

Nah, not as of now. I can help you get one at the original price if you want tho.

thanks, I am all set until February - hopefully might see some discounts between now and then :)

Thanked by (1)sanvit

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

• edited November 2019

Perhaps LowEndSpirit vps hosting users could automatically get or manually apply for some sort of tag, or a custom approved tag, and retain it as long as they support the comminity, while a small fraction (like 50 cents) of what they pay, goes for hosting and maintenance costs of this community.

Since people like nice affordable offers and are keen of keeping tags and badges and whatever shiny medals, or supporting a cause, or just plainly participating in a mob, many would apply for hosting just fot the tag and quite likely idle.

I personally dislike classes, but sometimes they could be useful, like now and make the community financially supported by it's members and not a single business entity.

That... And the url needs to be more straigth forward, i think...

I might be totally wrong, but... :pensive:
    I digest.

Thanked by (3)Amitz uptime ITLabs
  • @Janevski said:
    Perhaps LowEndSpirit vps hosting users could automatically get or manually apply for some sort of tag, or a custom approved tag, and retain it as long as they support the comminity, while a small fraction (like 50 cents) of what they pay, goes for hosting and maintenance costs of this community.

Since people like nice affordable offers and are keen of keeping tags and badges and whatever shiny medals, or supporting a cause, or just plainly participating in a mob, many would apply for hosting just fot the tag and quite likely idle.

I personally dislike classes, but sometimes they could be useful, like now and make the community financially supported by it's members and not a single business entity.

I digest.

Ooo, I like the "donator" tag.

Thanked by (2)poisson uptime

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• @Janevski said:

I digest.

Nice idea. A dollar a year is not expensive, and donor tag gives the perk of accessing special donors offers or donors get earlier access to offers than others (if you are willing to donate, you are probably a good customer as well and hosts would probably prefer to sell to those with a donor tag).

Thanked by (3)Janevski uptime ITLabs

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• edited November 2019

@poisson said:

@Janevski said:

I digest.

Nice idea. A dollar a year is not expensive, and donor tag gives the perk of accessing special donors offers or donors get earlier access to offers than others (if you are willing to donate, you are probably a good customer as well and hosts would probably prefer to sell to those with a donor tag).

Donations are kinda easily avoidable...
    Generic donator tag is generic.

Or, another way, perhaps, like there should be a market of some sort, represented in a sticky thread, with a link to billing via WHMCS (or similar).
    And for example if i want to have a Potatoe tag, i pay $10/year plan and post my order id in the request thread.
    If, for another example, let's say @deank wants to have a Troll tag, he pays $8/year. he could be awarded by the admin or moderators if they feel so.
    If somebody else wants dicks tag, he pays $7/year, etc.

There should be some rules, like $1 per letter, $2 per capital letter +2$ if it means something generic.
    If it's a name like John, then the $2 administrative tax doesn't apply.
    Potatoe (generic)
    ($2 + $1 + $1 +$1 + $1 + $1 +$1 + $2)/year = $10/year

Exclusive tag - tag that no one is allowed to have, regular price multiplied by 5.
    (Pays the price of 5 users and uses it exclusively.)
    Possible only if at the moment of registration, the tag is unused.
    Potatoe (generic, exclusive)
    ($10 x 5)/year = $50/year.

If you're already using LowEndSpirit services, you could get a 10% discount on your order, by knowing a super secret promo code, sent previously only to LowEndSpirit custommers.

If the requested tag is way too offensive and might cause the end of humanity, as we know it, then... hmm that's good for profit...

But, i digest.

Thanked by (2)uptime ITLabs
  • ok get me a bro tag

Thanked by (2)uptime Janevski

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• also could make it a thing for people to purchase potassium on behalf of another

(such as similar to the reddit "gold" setup)

potassium could then be parlayed into tags or whatever, possibly even some form of potatoe

Thanked by (2)Janevski dahartigan

• @uptime said:
    also could make it a thing for people to purchase potassium on behalf of another

(such as similar to the reddit "gold" setup)

potassium could then be parlayed into tags or whatever, possibly even some form of potatoe

So, potassium would be our LES currency? And we could buy tags with potassiums? And we could also buy gifts, mugs and shirts? I like the idea... where do I sign? Where are my Chayote and Pigeon tags?

Btw, we need some exchange rate. Today USD$1.00 = K$7.00. Tomorrow USD$1.00 = K$0.07.

BF/CM - Buyer Beware. Conduct your own due diligence on the sustainability of the deals presented here as well as the provider's track record.

• I get a chuckle out of the K points idea.

But since the site is called Lowendspirit, why not use a spirit scale.
    'Spirit :Over 9000' for the top tier.

Just spit balling.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

@Janevski said:

>

Either you're extremely NSFW or LES dark mode is unhappy. A what tag?!?!?!

Edit: Potassium

There's no edits.

Thanked by (1)Janevski
  • ITLabsITLabs OG
    edited November 2019

@SmallWeb the "code" markup has the background property set to #f7f7f7, that's why we can't see the text with dark mode.

Thanked by (3)uptime Janevski MichaelCee

BF/CM - Buyer Beware. Conduct your own due diligence on the sustainability of the deals presented here as well as the provider's track record.

• @uptime That's a great idea! I like it.

All potassium exchanged is secured by reserves safely burried under ground in potatoes, decentralized all across ours planetoid.
    No one entity can cause inflation and control the value of potassium.

• @Janevski said:
    @uptime That's a great idea! I like it.

All potassium exchanged is secured by reserves safely burried under ground in potatoes, decentralized all across ours planetoid.

Potethereum

Thanked by (2)Janevski uptime

• @ITLabs said:
    @SmallWeb the "code" markup has the background property set to #f7f7f7, that's why we can't see the text with dark mode.

Oh right... Vanilla uses a different way of displaying single lines of code compared to multi-line. Consider it fixed in the next update :)

Thanked by (2)ITLabs vimalware
  • edited November 2019

@ITLabs said:

@Janevski said:
    @uptime That's a great idea! I like it.

Potethereum

"He who controls the spice potassium, controls the universe."
    - Frank Herbert, Dune
    https://www.openra.net/

Hyperlinks aren't marked in dark theme mode, it looks like a regular text...

Thanked by (1)vimalware
  • Are the potassium mined from Kazakhstan? We do not accept inferior potassium.

Thanked by (1)Janevski

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Symbolises that you are an original member, that tag will never again be available after Dec 31st 2019, it’s a preemptive celebration and thanks for being an early adopter that may not mean much now but may be something to smile about in a few years.

To me it simply means Original, although I think the origin of calling someone OG is Original Gangsta.

OG member will receive special discount from providers B)

• @tgl said:
    yeah, its like Dr. DRE, but for forums

"All along it was the ghetto, nothing but the ghetto, taking short steps at a time and keep my head low, i never let go, cause if i let go, then i'd be spineless, i'm going insane."

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • tgltgl OG
    edited November 2019

@Janevski actually I took it from DRE, The Watcher

Things just ain't the same for gangstas
    Times is changing, young [...] is aging
    Becoming O.Gs in the game and changing
    To make way for these new names and faces

Thanked by (1)Janevski
  • @Janevski said:
    "He who controls the spice potassium, controls the universe."
    - Frank Herbert, Dune

“You shall be known among us as Usul, the base of the pillar. This is your secret name, your troop name. We of Sietch” @AnthonySmith

Gods I loved that book, as a precocious kid.

Thanked by (1)Janevski
  • just to set the record straight - Philadelphia's own Schoolly D is in fact the Original O.G.

I was living my life as a young G in Philly around the time this record came out.

Those were different times ... 33⅓ rpm all day erryday!

Thanked by (1)Janevski

• @uptime said:
    just to set the record straight - Philadelphia's own Schoolly D is in fact the Original O.G.

I was living my life as a young G in Philly around the time this record came out.

Those were different times ... 33⅓ rpm all day erryday!

That bass is just waaay too good.
    One needs proper equipment and no neighbors for fully enjoying this.

• @Janevski - I'll just leave this here ... (backing away slowly)

Thanked by (1)Janevski

• BusterWolf said: ‘Original Generation’

Anybody else find this very apt ?

• WSSWSS OGRetired

Thanked by (2)ITLabs uptime

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• Just a thought, but is it worth having a tag for accounts that are verified to be existing LET users? I'm thinking for Neoon's NanoKVM requirements and similar.

Easy enough to do. DM a code to each account wanting authenticating. The user then has to DM it back to you on LET. It's probably automatable, but if not it shouldn't be overly arduous for a couple of us to do.

• It means Old Gay

Thanked by (1)Janevski

Tab Fitts | Founder/CEO - Spry Servers
    SSD Shared Hosting || VPS || Dedicated Servers || Network Status || PHX1 LG || DAL1 LG || || AS398646 || 1-844-799-HOST (4678)

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@uhu said:
    Just a thought, but is it worth having a tag for accounts that are verified to be existing LET users? I'm thinking for Neoon's NanoKVM requirements and similar.

Easy enough to do. DM a code to each account wanting authenticating. The user then has to DM it back to you on LET. It's probably automatable, but if not it shouldn't be overly arduous for a couple of us to do.

Yeah I get the idea and it would work, but I am trying to move away from LET not make it instrumental in verifying users here, today I am 12 days LET sober.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @AnthonySmith said:

@uhu said:
    Just a thought, but is it worth having a tag for accounts that are verified to be existing LET users? I'm thinking for Neoon's NanoKVM requirements and similar.

Yeah I get the idea and it would work, but I am trying to move away from LET not make it instrumental in verifying users here, today I am 12 days LET sober.

Shouldn't you be an OG? Like the OG? :p

Tab Fitts | Founder/CEO - Spry Servers
    SSD Shared Hosting || VPS || Dedicated Servers || Network Status || PHX1 LG || DAL1 LG || || AS398646 || 1-844-799-HOST (4678)