Dacentec or oneprovider?

Looking at dedicated servers from dacantec and oneprovider.. which one is better and why?

I think oneproviders support is terrible (had a small atom with them sometime ago)
Dacentec usually reply within the hour when I've needed them

What about network? .... I think oneprovider resell ovh and others (not sure who)
Hardware?

Thanks chip

Comments

• Neither.

Real men build their own DC -

in basement. So, do dat.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• ialexpwialexpw OGServices Provider

@chip said:
    Looking at dedicated servers from dacantec and oneprovider.. which one is better and why?

I think oneproviders support is terrible (had a small atom with them sometime ago)
    Dacentec usually reply within the hour when I've needed them

What about network? .... I think oneprovider resell ovh and others (not sure who)
    Hardware?

Thanks chip

If you are only looking between the two, I'd choose Dacentec due to their support being better as it's direct. OneProvider resell multiple different providers and their support is known to be a tad slow and not overly helpful.

Syuh - sftp, rsync & rclone accessible storage from 50GB to TBs.

• If you want exotic locations and are ok with mostly being left on your own support wise, OneProvider can be a fair option (I have a Online.Net dedi from them that's quite solid and is better than the original spec from Online.net, network wise). - The quality of the system you get from Oneprovider entirely depends on who they're reselling.

If you are ok with a typically less desirable location and older hardware, but with a great network and responsive support, I have used Dacentec multiple times in the past and they are excellent to work with.

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider

OneProvider is just a reseller. They resell OVH, Psychz, Online/Scaleway, WebTropia, and so much more.

Their support is lacking and sometimes they falsely advertise/are a bit misleading but they're overall ok. They get reseller discounts which is why they're cheap.

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• I have a few servers in dacantec. They have good support and a decent network. They have some hardware failures, and the hardware is older but still worth the price.

Vladimir S. - IT Consultant, Entrepreneur, Web Developer, and Disability Advocate.

[email protected] | www.ivlad.net