Any personal recommendation for Singapore VPS?

Some background: Till now all my serious projects are hosted on several US & EU providers. I am happy with them but recently I am getting more & more "Asia targeted" projects that would definitely benefit from Singapore server. But I am total noob at singapore region. Is there any LESbian who is running singapore VPS for considerable time willing to lend me some recommendation?

Desired Config:
No cloud please (I am poor skilled with all the cloud thing)
Fewer cpu core but higher frequency (3Ghz+)
at least SSD
at least 500 Mb port speed, 1TB bandwidth
No hard limit on Ram
Price: low end range

My little Research info:
MrVM NAT: played with it and loved it. but as the price range suggests, it won't be wise to put any serious project on it. Network routing is sometime funny and transfer speed is slow on some network to other country. Great for personal use.
ExtraVM: uum… I know Asian bandwidth is expensive but ExtraVM singapore VPS looks even expensive to me. Only 250 GB bandwidth for 3.50$ is bit no-go for me. Ram is low too. maybe you can convince me to try it by sharing your experience. ;)
RansomIT: Not quite lowend
Google search returns lots of providers but I want to listen to personal experiences from my Lowend folks.

Comments

• Why not just go for OVH VPS?

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @thedp said:
    Why not just go for OVH VPS?

Because, one of my friend tried it and he didn't like it. and Cloud is confusing term to me, so I tend to stay away from any providers that say they are providing cloud solution.

• TheDPTheDP OG
    edited January 2020

@PHP_Backend said:

@thedp said:
    Why not just go for OVH VPS?

Because, one of my friend tried it and he didn't like it. and Cloud is confusing term to me, so I tend to stay away from any providers that say they are providing cloud solution.

OVH VPS and OVH Public Cloud are 2 different products.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• As I already said, Its very confusing to me and I acknowledge my ignorance.
    Can you provide me a link, please?

• @PHP_Backend said:
    As I already said, Its very confusing to me and I acknowledge my ignorance.
    Can you provide me a link, please?

https://www.ovh.com/asia/vps/vps-ssd.xml

Thanked by (1)PHP_Backend

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited January 2020

Leaseweb SG (look out for their discounts), vps works, bandwidth is good, control panel is bad
    Vultr SG / JP / AU - suits your high frequency requirement
    Upcloud SG - iirc they use pretty good CPU and tout 100% uptime

Dont know about OVH but heard their IOPS are on the low side.

Don't worry about "cloud". Just deploy and pay with confidence.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:
    Leaseweb SG (look out for their discounts), vps works, bandwidth is good, control panel is bad
    Vultr SG / JP / AU - suits your high frequency requirement
    Upcloud SG - iirc they use pretty good CPU and tout 100% uptime

Dont know about OVH but heard their IOPS are on the low side.

Yeah these ones are recommended as well.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited January 2020

All of the below I have used /am using at some stage or another. Except Digital Ocean and AWS- all of them outside of SGP though.

@MikeA had some ExtraVM plan around $5 USD. I think a few months ago at the other forum someone had signed up. Maybe he still has a plan or two around?
    Edit: it was for a much lower bandwidth. I think $3.5/month for 250 GB...

@HostDoc has some SGP plans- but most of them are HDD.
    Update: some offers look good from the flash offers site...some are hybrids..

https://hostdochost.i.ng/pricing/#1561318122951-ef5991cd-9d52

Digital Ocean or AWS lightsail are other good options. No mention of cloud in either :-) $5 or $10/ month range I think.

Finally,

Do take a look at FlowVPS @Brendan The BF offer was Is a beast, even at AU 15/month you get a good set of specs.. 1.5 TB BW, 4Vclu, NVMe+ SSD.. From my review/ BM tests, https://underworldstartup.com/flowvps-black-friday-2019-offer/

posting my Speedtest results for SE Asia region from Melbourne:

Thailand, Bangkok (CAT Telecom) 169.29 Mbit/s 289.09 Mbit/s 108.863 ms
    Cambodia, Phnom Penh (Smart) 112.71 Mbit/s 271.86 Mbit/s 118.726 ms
    Vietnam, Hanoi (Viettel) 129.97 Mbit/s 313.14 Mbit/s 153.754 ms
    Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur (Extreme) 137.29 Mbit/s 362.05 Mbit/s 88.239 ms
    Singapore (PT FirstMedia) 164.22 Mbit/s 162.40 Mbit/s 82.628 ms
    Indonesia, Jakarta (Desnet) 181.82 Mbit/s 337.71 Mbit/s 94.540 ms
    Philippines, Manila (Sky Fiber) 148.00 Mbit/s 317.37 Mbit/s 178.588 ms
    Hong Kong (GTT) 145.97 Mbit/s 356.25 Mbit/s 117.916 ms
    Taiwan, Taipei (TAIFO) 17.58 Mbit/s 15.21 Mbit/s 238.441 ms
    Japan, Tsukuba (SoftEther) 66.08 Mbit/s 103.86 Mbit/s 222.706 ms

P.S no personal experience but @IndoVirtue is another option to look at... they had a OVZ offer for New Years- I think it was till the 5th. $24/ yr around the specs you are looking at.

Squats are the new Push-ups

• Asia is a loss leader for many providers due to expensive bandwidth. Normally the bigger boys can tank the losses better.

I have deployed Upcloud for production and I can recommend them with no hesitation. Hardware was very smooth and good bandwidth. It pretty much works like a normal VPS: select your desired specs, key in some information, and the VPS will be created with the IP address given on the spot. SSH in and do everything like a normal VPS. If you are unsure, I can give you some credits via my referral code and you can test run it to see if it suits your needed.

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• I think @HostDoc would provide the best bang for buck if you need a SGP location, you can find the latest flash sales here https://hostdochost.i.ng/pricing/

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• Working from Thailand, I do have a little experience with SG, closest professional location...

• MrVM: the best fun one, but you are right not 100% efficient,
    • OVH: network getting better, but you are always on your own, never expect anything from them,
    • UpCloud: the best one in SG today for "small" setup, and as good as any other ones,
    • GreencloudVPS: my last surprising discovery, worth checking.

I found anything else is either more expensive than it should be, or clearly not stable.
    All these of course are based only on my personal tests.

• You could look at linode or vultr for SGP region, if that works for you. They are cloud providers, though.

• Linode or Hostdoc.

• @vyas said:
    AWS lightsail are other good options.

Thank You very much for introducing me to lightsail. Definitely gonna try it very soon. AWS price calculation is math exam to me.

Do take a look at FlowVPS

looking at regular offer, I feel ram could be more. And I am looking for higher frequency CPU.

IndoVirtue is another option to look at...

Their package plan looks cryptic to me. Why $5 VPS has more ram+bw in "Budget KVM" section and $10 VPS has lower ram+bw, Whats the catch?
    Not really interested in OpenVZ.

• @poisson said:
    Asia is a loss leader for many providers due to expensive bandwidth.

:'(

If you are unsure, I can give you some credits via my referral code and you can test run it to see if it suits your needed.

It would be foolish to let down such offer. :3 Please guide me through the process. <3

• @TigersWay said:

• GreencloudVPS: my last surprising discovery, worth checking.

Price plan looks really interesting to me. Can you post any benchmark output, please?
    Really grateful for your recommendations. <3

• vyasvyas OG
    edited January 2020

@seriesn said:
    There is always digital ocean :)

Do you do reverse switch? I can move out of Nexusbytes and switch to DO...what say ? :-)

• @vyas said:

@seriesn said:

Do you do reverse switch? I can move out of Nexusbytes and switch to DO...

@vyas , is this why we worked so hard building this relationship, put in that much effort? Is this why? Just to end it like this? You are just like everyone else. You never loved me for who I was :*(

• @seriesn said:
    @vyas , is this why we worked so hard building this relationship, put in that much effort? Is this why? Just to end it like this? You are just like everyone else. You never loved me for who I was :*(

• vyasvyas OG
    edited January 2020

@seriesn said:

@vyas said:

@seriesn said:

Why? Why?? Oh Why???
    :-) DO do have good tutorials, I will wait for a switch till Nexusbytes reaches their size. How about that?

• seriesnseriesn OG
    edited January 2020

@vyas said:

@seriesn said:

@vyas said:

@seriesn said:

Why? Why?? Oh Why???
    :-) DO do have good tutorials, I will wait for a switch till Nexusbytes reaches their size. How about that?

But will you ever receive a direct response from their CEO in this forum? ❤ Granted I am just a small fish in the ocean though lol.

• @cybertech said:

they recently revamped their control panel; not that I use it a lot and it's not something I'd weight in when going shopping. Their ticket support was awful last time I needed it (~9 months ago) but maybe things have improved.
    I have one serving as Asian PoP for services running on Hetzner and another one actually servicing as vmess+CDN VPN for a relative currently in Shanghai, and offering few ancillary services too. They're both working pretty well.
    Their default stock prices (w/o promos/discounts) are too high anyway

Thanked by (2)PHP_Backend Hetzner_OL
  • @seriesn said:

@vyas said:
    Why? Why?? Oh Why???

But will you ever receive a direct response from their CEO in this forum?

That and receiving help from CEO himself regarding payment issue........ that you don't see everyday.
    Hats off to @seriesn

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

@vyas said:
    @MikeA had some ExtraVM plan around $5 USD. I think a few months ago at the other forum someone had signed up. Maybe he still has a plan or two around?
    Edit: it was for a much lower bandwidth. I think $3.5/month for 250 GB...

I will give reset monthly bandwidth for free if requested as long as the system isn't near the quota for the month, and most are under 25% all the time, so it's usually fine.

Thanked by (2)vyas PHP_Backend

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited January 2020

@MikeA said:

I will give reset monthly bandwidth for free if requested as long as the system isn't near the quota for the month, and most are under 25% all the time, so it's usually fine.

That is very considerate. Will keep this in mind when I am looking for a service in SGP. Should not cross this limit for most months in my case for the project I have in mind for later .

Thanked by (1)poisson

• @seriesn said:

@vyas said:

Why? Why?? Oh Why???

But will you ever receive a direct response from their CEO in this forum? ❤ Granted I am just a small fish in the ocean though lol.

You know, there is a lot of inherent value in getting a direct response from the CEO (s). At some point in time that should become a premium service/feature.

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG
    edited January 2020

@vyas said:

@seriesn said:

@vyas said:

Why? Why?? Oh Why???

You know, there is a lot of inherent value in getting a direct response from the CEO (s). At some point in time that should become a premium service/feature.

We are all just people sitting in our bedrooms :bleep_bloop:

Edit: or basements if you run that type of company.

Thanked by (1)vyas

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• @MikeA said:

@vyas said:

@seriesn said:

@vyas said:

Why? Why?? Oh Why???

We are all just people sitting in our bedrooms :bleep_bloop:

Edit: or basements if you run that type of company.

My man! Do you know how expensive basement is on this part of states? Corner of the bedroom is where the office AT!!

@vyas said:

@seriesn said:

@vyas said:

Why? Why?? Oh Why???

I just need to develop multiple personalities. CEO, CFO, CTO etc. Need more titlezzzz yo!

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@vyas said:

@seriesn said:

@vyas said:

Why? Why?? Oh Why???

I just need to develop multiple personalities. CEO, CFO, CTO etc. Need more titlezzzz yo!

You're already @nseries

Just don't try to sell cars, because you're already NoKIA.

(I'll be here all week, folks.)

Thanked by (1)seriesn

My pronouns are like/subscribe.