6 Years of VPN Unlimited - My first lifetime deal purchase on Stacksocial

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
edited September 2022 in General

When I was recently asked by a fellow LE member what my favourite lifetime VPN deal (regarding price/performance ratio) would be, I told them that for me that's gotta be VPN Unlimited. Windscribe is great and all, and so are all the other lifetime VPNs I have purchased (Windscribe, Ivacy, FastestVPN, Getflix, R4AW VPN maybe not so much..), but VPN Unlimited is something special for me.

When I looked up my Stacksocial receipts, I found that I have now been using VPN Unlimited for a solid 6 years and Keepsolid just keeps things running solid (pun intended) and smoothly.
To add to that, this investment has also marked my first purchase on Stacksocial.
All the more reason to press F for respect for those guys over at Keepsolid.

Nostalgic purchase receipt from 2016:

Recently moved into a new flat and Keepsolid almost maxes out the connection flawlessly (210 Mbit/s Down, 45 Mbit/s Up without VPN, 190 Mbit/s Down, 40 Mbit/s Up with Keepsolid Switzerland Wireguard):

Without VPN:

With VPN Unlimited (Switzerland location, Wireguard):

It's worth mentioning that I paid 39$ back then. Assuming the average VPN would charge 40$ per year (Nord, ExpressVPN etc..), that would be a lot of bucks saved. Fwiw, IIRC before I started using VPN Unlimited, I was signed up to a NordVPN Sub for some 90$ per 2 years (aka 45$/year).

That's it. Just some nostalgia post and tribute to this VPN :)

Have a nice day, y'all!

Comments

• One of the best investment

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

I just saw that the purchase also included some To-DO Checklist lifetime deal lol. Never used that one :P

• VPN Unlimited is something special for me as well.
    $11.99 lifetime account referred by you.

It is still solid after two years. Good investment.

Btw, I wish I can buy a Windscribe Lifetime account if possible.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @Fritz said:
    VPN Unlimited is something special for me as well.
    $11.99 lifetime account referred by you.

It is still solid after two years. Good investment.

Btw, I wish I can buy a Windscribe Lifetime account if possible.

Same to me. Bought 1 from Ympker's topic.
    Wanna get Windscribe Lifetime at cheap price, like 39$

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited September 2022

Happy to hear you guys have been enjoying Keepsolid :) Windscribe has some neat features, but Keepsolid has been faster and more stable for me imho. Both are great VPN services :P

• edited September 2022

Also jumped on VPN Unlimited after @Ympker recommendation. It stays solid. I’ve recently gotten BulletVPN lifetime as well and it is performing even better. Reason is that is uses LeaseWeb all around, which peers very well with my ISP, Deutsche Telekom.

Thanked by (1)Ympker