Do you use 2fa?
Most providers seem to support time-based two-factor authentication (2fa) these days. i.e., Google Authenticator, Authy, LastPass, and so on. A few support other forms such as through a YubiKey or an SMS-based verfification code. However, I assume the majority of customer accounts are only being protected by passwords. I'm curious to hear about customer and provider experiences with the tech.
Feel free to complete the poll and then provide additional detail in follow ups. I'm interested to see some follow up discussion on topics such as:
- Why you actively choose not to use 2fa, if that is your choice?
- What rough percentage of your providers support it?
- If you're a provider, what rough percentage of your customers enable it?
- What problems have you run into with it, as either a customer or provider?
- What 2fa method/app do you like and why?
- Do you use or support 2fa?74 votes