'Crypto king', 23-year-old stealing $30M

armandorgarmandorg Services Provider

Very interesting news that caught my eye these days.

Some 23 year old guy that had his 'investing crypto company' has stolen/made go missing around $30M from his investors.

So far they could only seize him two McLarens, two BMWs and a Lamborghini, just a few of the $2 million worth seized from $30M.

Article: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/luxury-cars-seized-crypto-king-investors-try-recoup-millions-1.6583982

Seems it looked easy for him to steal and live as a king.

Web Design Agency - Custom Web Designs
WHMCS.design - WHMCS Themes | Blesta.shop - Blesta Themes

Comments

• No pity for the people who lost their money. They invested with a poorly dressed kid probably under illusions of unrealistic returns instead of just going to a bank/Accredited institution for an average return. Their greed did them in and now they suffer as deserved.

Thanked by (2)Shot² foxone

Recommended hosts:
    Letbox, Data ideas, Hetzner

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

There is a saying:
    "You can't cheat an honest man."

@AlwaysSkint - please (auto)correct if I got that wrong. :)

A vast majority of frauds are based on exploiting the human greed.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• MannDudeMannDude Hosting Provider

Why do young kids with lots of money always spend it in the most predictable and gaudy ways?

[ IncogNET LLC ] - Privacy By Design
    We believe that privacy and freedom of expression are two very important things, so we offer solutions to accessing and publishing content safely.
    [ USA: Liberty Lake, WA | Kansas City, MO | Allentown, PA ] [EU: Naaldwijk, NL ] [ CL Shared | KVM VPS | VPN | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names ]

• edited September 2022

@MannDude said:
    Why do young kids with lots of money always spend it in the most predictable and gaudy ways?

because parents can't/didn't provide.
    because thats what they get fed from tv/social
    because money itches
    easy come / easy go

• edited September 2022

^ There's quite a bit of truth in all that. A little "Jackanory" (story) - one @bikegremlin might appreciate:
    Having never setup 3x6/7 derailleurs before - as I only could afford 3-speed Sturmey-Archer as a kid - I (unusually) watched a Youtube on some 'expert' doing it, skipping to relevant parts, of course. [Too many gobshites in this World.]
    I was appalled at the wastage, when he casually snipped the control cables in half, to be replaced with new ones.
    I carefully cut off the crimped cable ends, straightened the cable as best I could and drew out the existing cable. Running some WD-40 lube through my fingers along the length of the cable, removed most of the little rust that had built up. It was a little bit fiddly threading the now cleaned up but slightly kinked cable back through the outer sections but achievable without too much swearing.
    How much money did I save? About $4 (current crap exchange rate). What else did I save? I didn't throw out a perfectly functional item.
    /end-of-morality
    :)

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)