Dedicated Server, 3-4TB disk, Europe, £30ish

13»

Comments

• So in summary, other than Walkerservers who have stock for a whole 30 seconds a day, there's no large-ish storage delis at a reasonable price unless I give in to the evil of OVH or circumvent my Hetzner ban?

These are sad, sad times we live in, sad times.

• Leaseweb are currently doing a promo on their NL Xeon E3-1230/16GB DDR3/4x4TB SATA2 with 30TB Traffic.

If you take the 12mnt Contract off it takes it to around ~ £40 a month - that's with VAT included - obviously will be a tad cheaper if you keep the 12mnt option.

• @OsirisBlack said:
    Leaseweb are currently doing a promo on their NL Xeon E3-1230/16GB DDR3/4x4TB SATA2 with 30TB Traffic.

If you take the 12mnt Contract off it takes it to around ~ £40 a month - that's with VAT included - obviously will be a tad cheaper if you keep the 12mnt option.

It's a nice price, and pretty reasonable given the TBs, but roughly £10 over where I want to be. A yeah ago I'd have probably jumped on it, but these days I can't afford to spank too much on storage I won't use.

• I also found these guys: https://deinserverhost.de

They've been in business for awhile. Unfortunately their cheapest servers are out of stock, but upgrading from 2x1TB to 2x2TB is an additional 3 EUR.

• @Nekki said:

@OsirisBlack said:
    Leaseweb are currently doing a promo on their NL Xeon E3-1230/16GB DDR3/4x4TB SATA2 with 30TB Traffic.

It's a nice price, and pretty reasonable given the TBs, but roughly £10 over where I want to be. A yeah ago I'd have probably jumped on it, but these days I can't afford to spank too much on storage I won't use.

Yeah - the only way to get it down to your budget is to customise the disks - then they hit you with the set up fee so that's a none starter.

Regards Walkers - to snag a 2x2TB that's in your budget - you're better off on their Discord channel as they come up regularly on there.

Thanked by (1)Nekki
  • I try to avoid going with LW direct anyways. Shit support, capped network, just not worth it. Oftentimes they're more expensive than Walker anyways. Stock is an issue but once you get a box it's hard to dump it.

Thanked by (1)Nekki
  • @OsirisBlack said:

Regards Walkers - to snag a 2x2TB that's in your budget - you're better off on their Discord channel as they come up regularly on there.

I have the email notifications set up but not a sausage. Can’t be arsed to sign up to different services just snag a server.

• afnafn
    edited November 2022

@Nekki said:
    So in summary, other than Walkerservers who have stock for a whole 30 seconds a day, there's no large-ish storage delis at a reasonable price unless I give in to the evil of OVH or circumvent my Hetzner ban?

Walkerservers, register to get notified by email. Reliable. Great service and quick support! Better than Hetzner in everything. sometimes you get 2x3 TB instead of 2x2 depending on stock, great hidden hack!

I don't understand what is your complaint about andy? Reliable, has been around for years, great guy, but yeah only downside, not for serious business, no invoices, billing system, etc and no panel. If your server is down, you ask him by email/irc/discord. Usually solved very fast, downtime is rare.

You can also check oneprovider! They surely have what you wish for in various locations, Specially in France and NL (online/scaleway DC).

As for your Hetzner Ban, why are you banned? traffic abuse? the lowest Hetzner server now is a bit over your budget (with VAT), but you can ask netdynamics, walker, or andy to order a hetzner server for you, but since the servers are already out of your budget, with their extra commission it might be more than you want to pay.

so tl;dr: walker and one provider (act quick, there are few 8TB servers for 27.5 euros in France). or for 21 2x2 just like you wanted.

check clearance section https://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france
    check pre-built servers section https://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/amsterdam-netherlands

• NekkiNekki OG
    edited November 2022

@afn said:

@Nekki said:
    So in summary, other than Walkerservers who have stock for a whole 30 seconds a day, there's no large-ish storage delis at a reasonable price unless I give in to the evil of OVH or circumvent my Hetzner ban?

Walkerservers, register to get notified by email. Reliable. Great service and quick support! Better than Hetzner in everything. sometimes you get 2x3 TB instead of 2x2 depending on stock, great hidden hack!

I did register, never saw an email. Luckily someone gave me a helping hand with that.

I don't understand what is your complaint about andy? Reliable, has been around for years, great guy, but yeah only downside, not for serious business, no invoices, billing system, etc and no panel. If your server is down, you ask him by email/irc/discord. Usually solved very fast, downtime is rare.

I don’t have a complaint. I just don’t like the sound of the whole shebang, including many of the points you mention.

You can also check oneprovider! They surely have what you wish for in various locations, Specially in France and NL (online/scaleway DC).

Didn’t see anything that met my requirements on Scaleway.

As for your Hetzner Ban, why are you banned? traffic abuse? the lowest Hetzner server now is a bit over your budget (with VAT), but you can ask netdynamics, walker, or andy to order a hetzner server for you, but since the servers are already out of your budget, with their extra commission it might be more than you want to pay.

Ordering and cancelling too many auction servers.

so tl;dr: walker and one provider (act quick, there are few 8TB servers for 27.5 euros in France). or for 21 2x2 just like you wanted.

check clearance section https://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france
    check pre-built servers section https://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/amsterdam-netherlands

I got a Walker special last night.

• @Nekki said: Didn’t see anything that met my requirements on Scaleway.

I did not mean go with scaleway, I meant use one provider, they have servers in scaleway DC.

@Nekki said: I got a Walker special last night.

Glad you found something :)

Thanked by (1)Nekki
  • @Nekki said:

@afn said:

@Nekki said:

What config did you get? Specs? Price?

• @localhost said:

@Nekki said:

@afn said:

@Nekki said:

Leaseweb NL - 1230*, 16G, 2x2TB, 1Gb unmetered - €25/month

Same as the standard 2x2TB, just a few € lower per month.

Thanked by (2)localhost Erisa
  • @Nekki said:

@localhost said:

@Nekki said:

@afn said:

@Nekki said:

Ahh... and no 4TB disks instead of 2?

• @localhost said:

@Nekki said:

@localhost said:

@Nekki said:

@afn said:

@Nekki said:

No, I only need 4TB right now and price is more important than additional TBs. I’m hoping there’s something nice for BF with a bit more storage but if not, this is fine - I can now drop my underpowered PebbleHost 6TB and save about £10/month.

Thanked by (1)localhost
  • @OsirisBlack said:

@Nekki said:

@OsirisBlack said:

Yeah - the only way to get it down to your budget is to customise the disks - then they hit you with the set up fee so that's a none starter.

What is their Discord? It seems to be ... well, if not hidden then certainly poorly advertised!

Thanked by (1)localhost
  • @Nekki said:

@localhost said:

@Nekki said:

@localhost said:

@Nekki said:

@afn said:

@Nekki said:

No, I only need 4TB right now and price is more important than additional TBs. I’m hoping there’s something nice for BF with a bit more storage but if not, this is fine - I can now drop my underpowered PebbleHost 6TB and save about £10/month.

True this. Do u still have the SyS 16tb?

• @localhost said:

@Nekki said:

@localhost said:

@Nekki said:

@localhost said:

@Nekki said:

@afn said:

@Nekki said:

No, I now have a pathological hatred of OVH and cancelled it months ago.

• @Nekki said:

@localhost said:

@Nekki said:

@localhost said:

@Nekki said:

@localhost said:

@Nekki said:

@afn said:

@Nekki said:

O boy
    Y the hate?

• @localhost said:

@Nekki said:

@localhost said:

@Nekki said:

@localhost said:

@Nekki said:

@localhost said:

@Nekki said:

@afn said:

@Nekki said:

O boy
    Y the hate?

Dreadful customer service. I’d rather pay a few quid more and get decent support when I need it.

Thanked by (2)localhost Erisa
  • edited November 2022

@ahnlak said:
    What is their Discord? It seems to be ... well, if not hidden then certainly poorly advertised!

https://discord.gg/RhVJNNxWuM

*edit: updated with non expiring link

Thanked by (2)ahnlak localhost