we have made a new email hosting, can you give a review?

Comments

• @frakass said:

@cmeerw said:

@frakass said: since this is a catchall for your own domain. you can get only one mailbox. all domains' catchall addresses forward to this mailbox.

I wouldn't touch a catchall at all. This is such a weird setup that only really covers one tiny little use-case.

do you mean setup aliases by manual? for instance, [email protected] and [email protected] all forward to your mailbox?

Ideally you would have full flexibility with x mailboxes and y aliases.

• Ideally you would have full flexibility with x mailboxes and y aliases.

I can't do that. since this is a low end email solution. :)

• It’s a service virtually no-one wants, at a price that’s unsustainable. What could go wrong!

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@frakass - Just a suggestion on relayed mail. You might want to have your servers check if the sending email domain name has an SPF record that includes your servers before allowing the relay.

So far the relay service works well and I have had no delivery issues with gmail. I have not tried any of the other "know to be problematic receivers" as of yet, but if I see any problems I'll let you know.

Thanked by (1)frakass

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:
    @frakass - Just a suggestion on relayed mail. You might want to have your servers check if the sending email domain name has an SPF record that includes your servers before allowing the relay.

Thanks for suggestion I will consider this.

So far the relay service works well and I have had no delivery issues with gmail. I have not tried any of the other "know to be problematic receivers" as of yet, but if I see any problems I'll let you know.

yes, gmail/icloud/yahoo/MS/GMX all seem well from what we tested.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • And thanks for every suggestion you made here. we have made the following updates:

1) every domain adds DKIM by default;
    2) the basic plan has storage increased to 2GB;
    3) one-time payment was changed to billing yearly.

if the suggester wants a mailbox from us, we could offer you half price. please PM me. thanks.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@frakass said:

@dgc1980 said:
    a few questions

we have no limits on email address since this is a catchall for your own domain. you can get only one mailbox. all domains' catchall addresses forward to this mailbox. you can send messages with domain email as well.

So if I get an account for example.com, then create an email [email protected] - will any email sent to [email protected] and [email protected] end up in [email protected] inbox?

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @bikegremlin said:

@frakass said:

@dgc1980 said:
    a few questions

we have no limits on email address since this is a catchall for your own domain. you can get only one mailbox. all domains' catchall addresses forward to this mailbox. you can send messages with domain email as well.

So if I get an account for example.com, then create an email [email protected] - will any email sent to [email protected] and [email protected] end up in [email protected] inbox?

that's correct. but you can open another mailbox (separated payment) for [email protected] etc.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

@frakass said:

@bikegremlin said:

@frakass said:

@dgc1980 said:
    a few questions

that's correct. but you can open another mailbox (separated payment) for [email protected] etc.

Can the catchall be disabled by users?

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member

• @bikegremlin said:

i first time got this request from you :) yes if you want that we could implement this.

@frakass said:

@bikegremlin said:

i first time got this request from you :) yes if you want that we could implement this.

Catchall emails generally attract a lot of spam (many spammers will try the "common" emails like admin@ domain.whatever, info@ and so on). That's why I think it's a good idea to at least let the customers disable the catchall, if that's not set by default.

Thanked by (2)frakass FrankZ

• @bikegremlin said:

@frakass said:

@bikegremlin said:

Catchall emails generally attract a lot of spam (many spammers will try the "common" emails like admin@ domain.whatever, info@ and so on). That's why I think it's a good idea to at least let the customers disable the catchall, if that's not set by default.

I am working on this issue.

• @frakass said:
    We are not a registered company yet, but I have the plan to register it in Canada.

When you say "plan to register it in Canada" does that mean you and the company is based in Canada, or just that you're registering it there to seem more legitimate?

• @ralf said:

@frakass said:
    We are not a registered company yet, but I have the plan to register it in Canada.

When you say "plan to register it in Canada" does that mean you and the company is based in Canada, or just that you're registering it there to seem more legitimate?

one of my team members is in toronto, canada, where i am planning to relocate there too.

• I hate to be the superficial one here but honestly, your website looks like shit. Seriously, websites from the 90's running in Netscape 1.0 looked better than that.
    Spend a few bucks on fiverr or hire a kid to whip up a template or something. It does not matter how good your services are, you will have a hard time attracting customers if you present them like that.

• @rcy026 said:
    I hate to be the superficial one here but honestly, your website looks like shit. Seriously, websites from the 90's running in Netscape 1.0 looked better than that.
    Spend a few bucks on fiverr or hire a kid to whip up a template or something. It does not matter how good your services are, you will have a hard time attracting customers if you present them like that.

honestly I pretty like the current style of website.

• @frakass said:

@rcy026 said:
    I hate to be the superficial one here but honestly, your website looks like shit. Seriously, websites from the 90's running in Netscape 1.0 looked better than that.

What you like is irrelevant to your potential customers.

Email is special. Email is important. You don't normally trust your email to someone who's website looks like it could have been built in the mid-90's using Front-page Express.

Thanked by (3)Talistech Ironia BlaZe
  • @Nekki said: Front-page Express

Holy shit, that took me back to some horrible memories.

Thanked by (1)Nekki
  • Clearly it's from the late-90s as it doesn't use <BLINK>

• Macromedia Dreamweaver 8?

Talistech.com — ICT Consultancy and NVMe web hosting solutions.

• @Talistech said:
    Macromedia Dreamweaver 8?

I remember nearly beating newbies to death for asking why we couldn’t use Dreamweaver.

• BlaZeBlaZe Hosting ProviderOG

What does XYA mean?

Also, please change the site's design.

Why not just use any free template for now and later as you grow maybe you can hire a professional web developer to design a good template for your business.

Few places to look for a good template. Will take you less than an hour to edit the template with your business's details and make it live.

Good luck!

ExoticVM.com - Find VPS in exotic locations!

• @BlaZe said:
    What does XYA mean?

I prefer XYZ Mail, but this domain taken. so.. "a" is just after "z", I choose "xya". :)

Also, please change the site's design.

Thanks. we will reconsider the design.

Why not just use any free template for now and later as you grow maybe you can hire a professional web developer to design a good template for your business.

Few places to look for a good template. Will take you less than an hour to edit the template with your business's details and make it live.

these are good resources. we are currently taking hard work in backend dev. we will update the front pages soon.

Good luck!

• @frakass said:

@rcy026 said:

You are trolling, right?
    If this really is true then please please please, hire a designer to do it and never ever touch a website again.

• You are trolling, right?
    If this really is true then please please please, hire a designer to do it and never ever touch a website again.

ye. we will second consider the frontend design stuff. current job is to make backend stuff work well.

thanks for suggestion anyway.

• btw, any hosting provider has interests in the corp with us?
    b/c we are a non-backend platform, no login, no cookies, all powered by API.
    we use the domain xyamail.com for serving users, you can also use your own domain to serve users.
    You just use our API to make your own systems.

Thanks.

• Catchall emails generally attract a lot of spam (many spammers will try the "common" emails like admin@ domain.whatever, info@ and so on). That's why I think it's a good idea to at least let the customers disable the catchall, if that's not set by default.

this issue has been fixed. now you can specify users for personal domain, or enable catchall for that domain.

thanks.

• Hi, please make smtp relay service like MailChannels & Mailbaby

Ty.

• @Nekki said:
    It’s a service virtually no-one wants, at a price that’s unsustainable. What could go wrong!

Mail relays are pretty in demand, the issue is that they're only priced a little bit underneath someone like mxroute while seeming 10x less trustable, at an unsustainable price. You generally just don't see a lot of independent email delivery companies because of how difficult it is to keep your IP ranges clean. Not sure what they're doing on that front, or if they even have their own space.

• jarlandjarland Hosting ProviderOG

You should drop rainloop and replace it with Snappy: https://snappymail.eu/

Rainloop leaves unpatched vulnerabilities in place far too long, Snappy has forked it and really done some great stuff.

Do everything as though everyone you’ll ever know is watching.