WisHosting NAT storage 24 hour offer

Other than Letbox, HH and cociu's crazy storage offers, this is the next best. If you pay quarterly, it goes down to 6 a month. I have used WisHosting previously and I have nothing but good things to say. Grab it before it disappears:

KVM NAT Storage Flash Sale
Starting at $6.99

1 vCPU core E5-1650V2
Unlimited CPU core 3.6GHz Turbo
2GB ECC RAM
1800GB HDD RAID-5
Linux/Windows OS
Bandwidth 250Mbps
Unmetered Traffic
1 IPv4 NAT
DDoS protection
Location - Germany
Setup time up to 24 hours

https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=7

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

Comments

• This should be made into an 'offer of the day" post, with updates as and when the wishosting offers keep getting updated. for example, Nov 15th offer is
    KVM HDD 500 Flash Sale
    Starting at
    $4.99
    2 vCPU cores Opteron 4334
    Unlimited CPU cores 3.1GHz
    4GB ECC RAM
    400GB HDD RAID-5
    Linux/Windows OS
    Unmetered 250Mbps bandwidth
    1 IPv4
    Private networking
    DDoS protection
    Location - France
    Setup time up to 24 hours

Thanked by (1)uptime

Squats are the new Push-ups

• WISHFeed?

BF/CM - Buyer Beware. Conduct your own due diligence on the sustainability of the deals presented here as well as the provider's track record.

• @ITLabs said:
    WISHFeed?

Wishing well :-) Where those who wish to get wish 'hosting drop their coins. Crypto or otherwise.

• @ITLabs said:
    WISHFeed?

Just say the word... :tongue:

Thanked by (2)uptime ITLabs
  • uptimeuptime OG
    edited November 2019

good deal,. good stuff, good provider.

I've had the NAT storage for a while.

It is reliable.

Network is fast (you do get those 250 mbits)

Disk is slow. Fine for my purposes though.

i get a good vibe dealing with wishosting - initially there was a leap of faith involved, but they have earned my trust.

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited November 2019

@Solaire said:

@ITLabs said:
    WISHFeed?

word

that would be awesome!

• @uptime seal of approval??

Thanked by (1)uptime

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited November 2019

@vyas all things considered, wishosting is on my shortlist for a very specific blend of lowend high-grade potassium.

I haven't used their stuff for high-performance applications but I think they've got some good options for that

the "unlimited" (but shared) cpu is nice when I want something I can grind on (batch processing)

I recommend them especially for people who know what they're doing - the open nebula control panel is far from the standard issue solusvm setups people might be used to (but with some nice features for intrepid explorers of the arcane art of provisioning vps instances)

bottom line is that this provider is experienced, reliable, trustworthy - and definitely worth checking out

Thanked by (2)ITLabs dahartigan

• Yeah, I have to leave my props to Wishosting.

I have never had a issue with the services I have received, I have had about 11 different packages.

Thanked by (2)uptime poisson
  • @Solaire said:

@ITLabs said:
    WISHFeed?

Thanked by (1)uptime

BF/CM - Buyer Beware. Conduct your own due diligence on the sustainability of the deals presented here as well as the provider's track record.

• @uptime said:

@Solaire said:

@ITLabs said:
    WISHFeed?

word

that would be awesome!

If I get approval from @AnthonySmith I certainly won't mind writing a small bot that posts the daily Wishosting offer. Might be good to get some quality traffic flowing to LES :)

• Is @exception0876 here? I guess not yet.

• Wishosting flies under the radar with his lack of drama/complaints and super impressive ticket etiquette :-)

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• @willie said:
    Is @exception0876 here? I guess not yet.

I do believe someone may have recently put in a sales ticket with wishosting to let them know they have been mentioned here :)

Thanked by (1)ialexpw

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@Solaire said:

@uptime said:

@Solaire said:

@ITLabs said:
    WISHFeed?

word

that would be awesome!

If I get approval from @AnthonySmith I certainly won't mind writing a small bot that posts the daily Wishosting offer. Might be good to get some quality traffic flowing to LES :)

I don't know if that would be appropriate for a single host however i have installed the pockets plugin, pop it on your dev environment and you will see what the possibilities are going forward.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• I don't know if that would be appropriate for a single host

Seems reasonable to offer it to anyone who wants it, and open a special section or thread for the posts.

Thanked by (1)Solaire
  • @AnthonySmith said:

@Solaire said:

@uptime said:

@Solaire said:

@ITLabs said:
    WISHFeed?

word

that would be awesome!

I don't know if that would be appropriate for a single host however i have installed the pockets plugin, pop it on your dev environment and you will see what the possibilities are going forward.

Cheers. No clue what that plugin does but I'll have a look after I've had my coffee.

@willie said:

I don't know if that would be appropriate for a single host

Seems reasonable to offer it to anyone who wants it, and open a special section or thread for the posts.

Yeah I was thinking the same more or less. It's obviously not my intention to include only Wishosting because that'd be unfair to others.

Thanked by (2)InceptionHosting uptime
  • @AnthonySmith @uptime @ITLabs and everyone else, would something like this work for all of you? The intention is that it'd be some sort of a rotating box, i.e. you will get a different deal on every page load. For now it'll be limited to Wishosting but I'm more than happy to add other providers to the mix. No affiliates of course. I might be able to release this today or tomorrow including some fixes to the Dark Theme :)

Thanked by (1)ITLabs
  • @Solaire said:
    @AnthonySmith @uptime @ITLabs and everyone else, would something like this work for all of you? The intention is that it'd be some sort of a rotating box, i.e. you will get a different deal on every page load. For now it'll be limited to Wishosting but I'm more than happy to add other providers to the mix. No affiliates of course. I might be able to release this today or tomorrow including some fixes to the Dark Theme :)

It's great to have this option for whitelisted providers who don't have a presence here yet. Those who are here can self-promote, but we don't want our community to miss out on great providers just because they are not here (yet).

Thanked by (3)Solaire uptime ITLabs

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited November 2019

@poisson - without thinking too much about "what could possibly go wrong", yes me like it very much :+1:

Might be good to continue a more nuanced discussion in the new "feature request" thread:

https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/80/friendly-feature-requests-ideas/p1

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

Happy to do that however I think it’s only right to launch it when it is available to all hosts.

Thanked by (3)Solaire Chronic ITLabs

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Happy to do that however I think it’s only right to launch it when it is available to all hosts.

That's only fair. Let's see if and how we can get others on board and then take it from there.

• Affiliate links were mentioned. What's the policy on those? Ok to share in posts/signatures? (Not that I ever tried.) :p
    ... Wrong thread, maybe. :o

• you will get a different deal on every page load.

I'd rather not have that variation. Prefer to just have a fixed deal feed that could go into a thread and an RSS. Either there could be a long-running cestpit-like thread that would get a new automatic post whenever an offer apppeared, or there could be a subforum where there would be a new thread created 1x a day, where that day's deals would go, and people could comment on them.

Thanked by (2)uptime Solaire
  • mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@Solaire said:

@AnthonySmith said:

That's only fair. Let's see if and how we can get others on board and then take it from there.

What do you need to make it possible? Are you grabbing the post here on LES or from where?

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• SolaireSolaire OG
    edited November 2019

@mikho said:

@Solaire said:

@AnthonySmith said:

What do you need to make it possible? Are you grabbing the post here on LES or from where?

I'm not sure yet, I'm open for thoughts. Grabbing posts from LES would be difficult in the sense that it'd require a certain format in order for the bot to be able to scrape it. For Wishosting I'm simply scraping their sales page which seems to be a Blesta category with only one package. I guess the easiest way to start off is by allowing providers to submit a URL to their Blesta / WHCMS setup where they'd have a specific category dedicated to sales just like Wishosting.

But I'm not sure if that is feasible for providers, you guys are the experts so I'm here to listen :)

@Solaire said:

@mikho said:

@Solaire said:

@AnthonySmith said:

I'm not sure yet, I'm open for thoughts. Grabbing posts from LES would be difficult in the sense that it'd require a certain format in order for the bot to be able to scrape it. For Wishosting I'm simply scraping their sales page which seems to be a Blesta category with only one package. I guess the easiest way to start off is by allowing providers to submit a URL to their Blesta / WHCMS setup where they'd have a specific category dedicated to sales just like Wishosting.

But I'm not sure if that is feasible for providers, you guys are the experts so I'm here to listen :)

To not "hijack" another sales thread, I've sent you a PM.

• @mikho said:

That is kind of you but would be interested in how this discussion progresses. One way of looking at things- this is technically not a sales thread because the offer is not a fixed one? Cheers

@vyas said:

@mikho said:

That is kind of you but would be interested in how this discussion progresses. One way of looking at things- this is technically not a sales thread because the offer is not a fixed one? Cheers

I’ve offered to be the guinea pig on scraping the offers from a WHMCS provider.
    Nothing fancy, just kept the link between the two of us.

When/if the feature goes live, you will all see the special deals.

Thanked by (1)vyas

• @Solaire said:

@mikho said:

@Solaire said:

@AnthonySmith said:

What about Data Feeds? (https://docs.whmcs.com/Data_Feeds) IDK if one can get data from another domain? I'll do some research.