Changes to NatVPS

Comments

• MicronodeMicronode Hosting Provider

@Jab said:
    WHY IS MY VPS OFFLINE11eoNEOneoneeoN!oenoeneoen!1eoneoeneoen!!1111ONEeoeneon!

Oh the tickets have begun.... You're bang on with the content :o

Thanked by (2)Jab SeederKun
  • edited January 2023

@natvps_uk said:

@natvps_uk said:

Migration Announcement

All VMs on the following node: uk-1.nat.natvps.uk will be migrated to a new node on January 28th 2023.

How do I know if I am on this node?

Your private IPv4 Address will be on the following subnet: 10.100.1.x

Why is this migration taking place?

The current server is old, we purchased this server when NatVPS was founded, over the last year the monthly price of this server has increased almost 4x. Not only this but the hardware is poor in comparison to our latest offerings, the disks are slowly dying and it is basically becoming unmaintainable.

We don't want the performance and stability of this node to reflect on our quality of service and we also do not want to increase costs. A migration is the only option at this point.

Your external IPv4 and IPv6 Addresses WILL change. We will communicate your new IPs a week prior to the migration to allow everyone to prepare.

We are offering everyone the chance to self migrate!

If you would like to migrate before this time please open a ticket and specify the location you would like to migrate to. We will be offering migrations to our UK, FR and CA nodes.

All users that self migrate will receive DOUBLE the RAM allocation that you currently have.

How does a self migration work?

We will allocate a new VPS to your Micronode account for 7 days to allow you to transfer everything over, after this 7 day period your existing VPS will be terminated.

What if I do not self migrate?

Your VPS will be down for up to 8 hours on Saturday 28th January 2023. Once your VPS comes back online it will have new IPv4 and IPv6 Addresses. Your data should remain intact although we recommend you take backups prior.

Where is the new node located?

The new node will be hosted with OVH and located in London.
    We understand that OVH is not everyone's first choice however please understand that we are not increasing costs for our service which is already incredibly cheap. The alternative would have been to increase prices by 4x from the next billing cycle.

If you are still completely against being hosted within OVH we will offer pro rata refunds where over 4 months of the billing period is remaining.

We hope everyone understands the need for this migration, we're affected greatly by the price increases being not only a small provider but also at our highly competitive prices. The user experience on the new nodes will also be a vast improvement.

Migration is underway now, we expect this to be complete within the next few hours.

WHY IS MY VPS OFFLINE. I am losing billions I pay you in British Pound. :angry: < can't get enough of loling :lol:

edited January 2023

Most VMs are now back online, there are around 50 remaining on the data copy.

All users can now see their new VMs in the Micronode panel.

• @natvps_uk said: Most VMs are now back online, there are around 50 remaining on the data copy.

I am one of those 50, I am special (-:

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @natvps_uk said: We are offering everyone the chance to self migrate!

I guess mine self migrate can be closed now since it went with everyone else.

ServerStatus , slackvpn <-- openVPN auto install script for Slackware 15

@emperor said:

@natvps_uk said: We are offering everyone the chance to self migrate!

I guess mine self migrate can be closed now since it went with everyone else.

We still have some self migrations in the backlog, we'll leave them open for now and double the resources as promised.

We just ran out of time prior to the migration.

Thanked by (1)emperor
    edited January 2023

And its done!

The load across the 2 nodes is slightly higher than we'd like due to all of the migrated VMs booting. This is slowly coming down and we are monitoring closely.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • coldcold OG
    edited January 2023

impressive, before migration, there was a /64 subnet now a /128 trash from ovh !
    its like paying for shoes and reviewing a dress

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @cold said:
    impressive, before migration, there was a /64 subnet now a /128 trash from ovh !

gotta love progress

• @fluttershy said:

@cold said:

gotta love progress

ovh ain't progress... more like stupidity for me. i canceled all my services with them, and i will also cancel this one, if I wanted ovh I would have ranted from ovh @natvps_uk

Thanked by (2)emperor fluttershy

@cold said:

@fluttershy said:

@cold said:

gotta love progress

ovh ain't progress... more like stupidity for me. i canceled all my services with them, and i will also cancel this one, if I wanted ovh I would have ranted from ovh @natvps_uk

We explained the reasons for this above, if you have over 4 months remaining on your billing cycle you are entitled to a partial refund.

Please open a ticket as well as a cancellation request if you require the partial refund.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • @natvps_uk said:

@cold said:

@fluttershy said:

@cold said:

gotta love progress

We explained the reasons for this above, if you have over 4 months remaining on your billing cycle you are entitled to a partial refund.

Please open a ticket as well as a cancellation request if you require the partial refund.

Ok, thanks. as soon as I find a replacement I will.

Thanked by (1)Micronode

Migration Announcement
    All VMs and Instances on the following node: fl-1.nat.natvps.uk will be migrated to a new node on February 18th 2023.

How do I know if I am on this node?
    Your private IPv4 Address will be on the following subnet: 10.200.1.x

Why is this migration taking place?
    We initially went small with the Finland location as we were not sure what the uptake would be. As its been fairly successful and there is a demand for service in this location so we have decided to scale up, The new nodes will still be located in the Creanova data center.

Your external IPv4 and IPv6 Addresses WILL change. We will communicate your new IPs prior to the migration to allow everyone to prepare.

Thanked by (3)Ympker sh97 beanman109

New Instances Location Added
    This one is for a bit of fun but gives everyone a bonus location. The server is located in an undisclosed location although all traffic is routed out of Amsterdam via a site to site link.

These instances are provisioned with double resources
    For example if you provision with 256mb RAM and 5GB disk you will receive 512mb RAM and 10GB disk.

Node Specifications:
    Intel Core i3 6th Gen
    NVME (RAID 1)
    DDR4 RAM

Network:
    Gigabit port, network is provided over long range WIFI so latency can be sporadic - Expect around 200mbps Down and 50mbps up.

Technically DMCA ignored although if we receive a DMCA takedown from the provider we will need to enforce it.

Goes without saying down to the nature of this, there is no guarantee, support or SLAs for this location, its just here for a bit of fun.

Thanked by (3)ehab Ympker sh97
  • @natvps_uk , i love it when you bring goods like that

i wonder if i was the first to get

btw,

Thanks and High5

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@ehab said:
    @natvps_uk btw, no ping

As in the package?

• @natvps_uk said:
    The server is located in an undisclosed location although all traffic is routed out of Amsterdam via a site to site link.

MTU 1500, or is some headroom eaten away?

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

@yoursunny said:

@natvps_uk said:
    The server is located in an undisclosed location although all traffic is routed out of Amsterdam via a site to site link.

MTU 1500, or is some headroom eaten away?

MTU 1500 although the latency is less than ideal and there is likely contention on the S2S link. It is purely for fun, don't expect the networking to be great.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited January 2023

Also just deployed a NL NAT instance :)

• @natvps_uk said:

@ehab said:
    @natvps_uk btw, no ping

As in the package?

i deployed an instance, i cannot ssh or ping.

@ehab said:

@natvps_uk said:

@ehab said:
    @natvps_uk btw, no ping

As in the package?

I can hit your instance over ssh, are you using the right port?

Thanked by (1)ehab
    edited January 2023

@ehab said:

@natvps_uk said:

@ehab said:
    @natvps_uk btw, no ping

As in the package?

I just deployed NL instance. Worked without issues. A tad slow compared to UK but other than that..

@natvps_uk you said you didn't want to disclose NL location/provider, but before I run a vpn on there: is it actually in a DC with a hosting company, or is it hosted in a private individual's basement as in Calin?

Thanked by (1)Calin
  • @Ympker said:

@ehab said:

@natvps_uk said:

@ehab said:
    @natvps_uk btw, no ping

As in the package?

I just deployed NL instance. Worked without issues. A tad slow compared to UK but other than that..

@natvps_uk you said you didn't want to disclose NL location/provider, but before I run a vpn on there: is it actually in a DC with a hosting company, or is it hosted in a private individual's basement as in Calin?

Plot twist it is in Calin's basement just geolocated.

Thanked by (4)Ympker ehab yoursunny Calin

you said you didn't want to disclose NL location/provider, but before I run a vpn on there: is it actually in a DC with a hosting company, or is it hosted in a private individual's basement as in Calin?

It’s not in a DC but it is located in a secure unit. Definitely not in Calins basement 😂

Thanked by (3)Ympker ehab Calin
    edited January 2023

@natvps_uk said:

you said you didn't want to disclose NL location/provider, but before I run a vpn on there: is it actually in a DC with a hosting company, or is it hosted in a private individual's basement as in Calin?

It’s not in a DC but it is located in a secure unit. Definitely not in Calins basement 😂

Okay, that's fair enough. Just wanted to make sure 😂

Hmm, when running @Nyr scripts (ovpn/wg) on NL vps it gets stuck at this (connectivity issue? worked fine on UK)

@Ympker said:

@natvps_uk said:

Hmm, when running @Nyr scripts (ovpn/wg) on NL vps it gets stuck at this (connectivity issue? worked fine on UK)

I haven’t came across that before, I’ll take a look

edited January 2023

@Ympker said:

@natvps_uk said:

Looks like a routing issue to git.io. Try this

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Nyr/openvpn-install/master/openvpn-install.sh -O openvpn-install.sh && bash openvpn-install.sh

Thanked by (1)Ympker