Loopia.com - Price updates December 30, 2022

Comments

• what do you suggest? switch to netim?

• What if netim increases? There is only so much time when others will catch up, now or later.

Its not what you want to hear, if you are satisfied with the service, stay put.

Thanked by (1)lapua
  • mannenmannen Hosting Provider

I just moved one domain to hostup.se, they have a really good price for .se domains. Transfer was instant but I had to specify my name servers in my order.
    Anyone with some experience with them?

RIPE LIR

• @localhost said: What if netim increases?

That's the thing with domains. You can always transfer them to the other registrar. It may not be worth with one domain but with several of them you can save significant money.

• @Mumbly said:

@localhost said: What if netim increases?

That's the thing with domains. You can always transfer them to the other registrar. It may not be worth with one domain but with several of them you can save significant money.

True. But I guess it also comes down to how much of a Hassel one wants to go through if it's a diverse portfolio of domains expiring all through the year or just registered recently that you cannot move until a certain time.

• edited November 2022

@localhost said:

@Mumbly said:

@localhost said: What if netim increases?

True. But I guess it also comes down to how much of a Hassel one wants to go through if it's a diverse portfolio of domains expiring all through the year or just registered recently that you cannot move until a certain time.

That's also true, but with recently registered domains there's usually not urge to move them asap because of registrar price increase. You have almost whole year before next payment.
    While it may be hassle with some ccTLDs because of specific requirements, there's nothing easier than moving away gTLDs as long you use external nameservers (so nothing to do on that end with the most of incoming registrars) and you're not with some extremely antique registrar which require mail for something as simple as EPP code request.

Thanked by (1)localhost
  • @mannen said:
    I just moved one domain to hostup.se, they have a really good price for .se domains. Transfer was instant but I had to specify my name servers in my order.
    Anyone with some experience with them?

Just looking at their website I notice that they use the CPanel logo when they brag about how good their controlpanel is, and then they mention in the faq that they only use ApisCP. I know nothing about them, but it sure does not give a professional first impression.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • For Swedish domain names I prefer DomainName.shop (DomänShop).
    Never tried hostup, but ApisCP is very nice, IMHO.
    (I didn't spot any cPanel logo, either ...) =)