WEEKDAY POLL: The Future of LES

Comments

• rootroot OG
    edited December 2022

@msatt said:
    It all comes down to balance and I am sure @ehab is balanced enough ;) to know when it is appropriate.

This is the issue. What is appropriate is also subjective; just like the rule "don't be a dick" is subjective to how the meaning of "dick" is perceived by each and every unique person. Unfortunately, the red lines will have to be drawn by moderators on a case-by-case basis through warnings and/or bans. What one perceives as joke, another one finds offensive; it's just how individuals are unique in their DNA - these cases represent the hard part of being a moderator because moderators are in the middle of such flags, as expectations might sometimes be too high.

Thanked by (1)msatt

How are you... online?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited December 2022

Hear that @ehab someone else thinks that you're balanced too.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin ehab

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @Nekki said:

@ehab said:

@msatt said:
    No problems with jokes, gifs as long as they are meant as jokes rather than creating insults.

what about asking to take off pants?

Depends on which country you’re from as the definition of pants differs. In some cases it’s HAWT, in others it’s sexual assault.

that's pants

• @bdl said:

@Nekki said:

@ehab said:

@msatt said:
    No problems with jokes, gifs as long as they are meant as jokes rather than creating insults.

what about asking to take off pants?

Depends on which country you’re from as the definition of pants differs. In some cases it’s HAWT, in others it’s sexual assault.

that's pants

But what kind?

• Devil's Advocate..
    Admittedly IT is a male dominated environment and most forums reflect this, in content, style and character. The OGF must really alienate the "fairer sex" and LES is following suit, from what I read. A balanced approach to the forum, should take gender into account but not pander to the snowflakes.
    /Advocate

Thanked by (3)yoursunny Mason xleet

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Devil's Advocate..
    Admittedly IT is a male dominated environment and most forums reflect this, in content, style and character. The OGF must really alienate the "fairer sex" and LES is following suit, from what I read. A balanced approach to the forum, should take gender into account but not pander to the snowflakes.
    /Advocate

So... you would want me to change my gender? Is this what you're saying?

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

How are you... online?

• @root said: ..you would want me to change my gender?

Dinnae get me started on that crap! ;) Recently, UK has been putting forward gender recognition changes, FFS. /soapbox

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@root said: ..you would want me to change my gender?

Dinnae get me started on that crap! ;) Recently, UK has been putting forward gender recognition changes, FFS. /soapbox

Thank you. I was worried for a few seconds.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ AlwaysSkint

How are you... online?

• NekkiNekki OG
    edited December 2022

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Devil's Advocate..
    /Advocate

Maybe we could have a voluntary 'snowflake' badge so everyone knows who the easily triggered are and this of us who like to deploy 'bants' can make sure we make comments that won't infringe on their mental health?

Thanked by (2)jmgcaguicla yoursunny
  • rootroot OG
    edited December 2022

@Nekki said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Devil's Advocate..
    /Advocate

Maybe we could have a voluntary 'snowflake' badge so everyone knows who the easily triggered are and this of us who like to deploy 'bants' can make sure we make comments that won't infringe on their mental health?

No. This would mean labelling such people, which in their eyes would take away their freedom of expression and definition without labels. It's like taking away other options from them to favour a specific option. People don't like labels, any labels, especially snowflakes. This in itself becomes a trigger for drama.

People do however like compliments and good words, so it would have to be done in such a way that the snowflake is not actually defined as a snowflake, but a very nice and diplomatic person which likes emotions and contradictions just in theory.

Writing this... I think I might become a snowflake too. Oh man!

How are you... online?

• @root said:

@Nekki said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Devil's Advocate..
    /Advocate

No. This would mean labelling such people, which in their eyes would take away their freedom of expression and definition without labels. It's like taking away other options from them to favour a specific option. People don't like labels, any labels, especially snowflakes. This in itself becomes a trigger for drama.

People do however like compliments and good words, so it would have to be done in such a way that the snowflake is not actually defined as a snowflake, but a very nice and diplomatic person which likes emotions and contradictions just in theory.

Apply for the tag.

• rootroot OG
    edited December 2022

@Nekki said:

@root said:

@Nekki said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Devil's Advocate..
    /Advocate

Apply for the tag.

But what if I am not a snowflake?! How can I know for sure?!

I do not wish to deceive other "creme de la creme" members of this refined low-end community.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin FrankZ

How are you... online?

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@root said:

@Nekki said:

@root said:

@Nekki said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Devil's Advocate..
    /Advocate

Apply for the tag.

But what if I am not a snowflake?! How can I know for sure?!

I do not wish to deceive other "creme de la creme" members of this refined low-end community.

You're definitely not flaky enough (pun intended).

Thanked by (3)root AlwaysSkint FrankZ

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• edited December 2022

Begs the question:
    Do people know when they are a snowflake and/or does it only become apparent when someone else tells them so?
    Purely rhetorical, as I don't give a shit. :D

Thanked by (3)FrankZ bikegremlin skorous

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Begs the question:
    Do people know when they are a snowflake and/or does it only become apparent when someone else tells them so?

Snowflakes know they are snowflakes, because they are constantly FURIOUS about it.

Since when did you start swearing?

• edited December 2022

• @Nekki said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Begs the question:

Snowflakes know they are snowflakes, because they are constantly FURIOUS about it.

Since when did you start swearing?

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint FrankZ

How are you... online?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited December 2022

If @AlwaysSkint has started swearing then LES is (un) officially "R" rated.

Thanked by (2)ehab bikegremlin

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• edited December 2022

@FrankZ said: LES is (non) officially

(Un)officially, please!

This illustrates the point quite nicely, that depending on culture etc. merde, shizen, shit, shite, crap has varying acceptance of being swearing, even though we all do it it, feck.

Thanked by (2)ehab bikegremlin

• @AlwaysSkint said:

(Un)officially, please!

This illustrates the point quite nicely, that depending on culture etc. merde, shizen, shit, shite, crap has varying acceptance of being swearing, even though we all do it it, feck.

So what words am I not allowed to say without activating my penalty? I'm unclear now.

• @AlwaysSkint said:

i started to think @AlwaysSkint speaks like

Thanked by (3)AlwaysSkint FrankZ bdl
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@AlwaysSkint said:

(Un)officially, please!

In Serbia, we don't say "I don't give a shit," we say "my dick hurts" - and I think it's beautiful!

Thanked by (3)ehab FrankZ bdl

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@root said: This would mean labelling such people, which in their eyes would take away their freedom of expression and definition without labels.

But of course nobody sees it as a problem when we label threads, just because we dehumanize them first does it really make it some how better than labeling people ? We need to seriously ask our selves is it time to stop labeling threads. @Nekki time for another poll thread I think.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin Nekki

• @bikegremlin said: and I think it's beautiful!

Masochist!

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

• Heeelp! Can I go home now?

Thanked by (3)FrankZ ehab bikegremlin

• NekkiNekki OG
    edited December 2022

@FrankZ said:

@root said: This would mean labelling such people, which in their eyes would take away their freedom of expression and definition without labels.

But of course nobody sees it as a problem when we label threads, just because we dehumanize them first does it really make it some how better than labeling people ? We need to seriously ask our selves is it time to stop labeling threads. @Nekki time for another poll thread I think.

These are the real questions. Why won't anyone think of the mental health of a thread? We just treat them like dirt, fill them up with our words and when we're done with them, abandon them. To make it worse, sometimes people dig up their corpses months or even years later just to use them to inflate their post count and then abandon them like trash.

What animals we are.

Thanked by (4)root bikegremlin _MS_ FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Nekki said:

@FrankZ said:

These are the real questions. Why won't anyone think of the mental health of a thread? We just treat them like dirt, fill them up with our words and when we're done with them, abandon them. To make is worse, sometimes people dig up their corpses months or even years later just to use them to inflate their post count and then abandon them like trash.

What animals we are.

This comment was very moving for me. So I be back it a few minutes.

• @FrankZ said:

@Nekki said:

@FrankZ said:

These are the real questions. Why won't anyone think of the mental health of a thread? We just treat them like dirt, fill them up with our words and when we're done with them, abandon them. To make is worse, sometimes people dig up their corpses months or even years later just to use them to inflate their post count and then abandon them like trash.

What animals we are.

Treat yourself to some lube and a glove, have a posh one.

• @FrankZ said:

@Nekki said:

@FrankZ said:

What animals we are.

This starts to get emotional, like a fuzzy Christmas filled with snowflakes.

How are you... online?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@root said:

@FrankZ said:

@Nekki said:

@FrankZ said:

What animals we are.

This starts to get emotional, like a fuzzy Christmas filled with snowflakes.

It was not that type of movement I was speaking of.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin bdl