Book: An Eye for an AI (LES)

vyasvyas OG
edited December 2022 in General

Hello all,

Excited to share the draft of my new book "An Eye for an AI".

This book deals with How to Create, Edit and Modify images using Artificial Intelligence. This is the first of the four books I have written in the image/content space.
The current version, though quite very WIP, is available at

https://aibook.amarvyas.in

In the coming days I will update this site with more images, videos and the summaries of the book in Hindi and Marathi languages.

Requesting feedback, suggestions and comments if any.

I will keep working on this MVP and get it publishing ready by the end of the year. If all goes well (timeline, final version) I plan to make the e-book available as a gratis offer for LES community.

Thanks,

Amar

p.s: the current version is not entirely mobile friendly, and the theme will need some more work. My focus currently was to get the structure in place, and get the book "Out there" to get feedback at this stage.

Note: .#moderator approved - since this is a post with technically an offer, and I do not have a Service Provider tag, posting this under general, which @frankz has kindly agreed to move to LES Exclusive

Comments

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

Try Amazon too.

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @bikegremlin said:
    Try Amazon too.

Thanks- that is the plan - but this early version is for those who have cared to bear with my 'infantile tantrums" i.e. experiments as I was learning to get better at this space.

• rootroot OG
    edited December 2022

I hate artificial intelligence. I consider AI to be extremely dangerous. The negative usage can easily surpass the benefits.

For example live images of surveillance cameras can be used to easily chase and annihilate people for a corrupted government. It's just too damn easy.

Another example would be how AI images will get to replace good old fashioned human art for creating paintings and design, simply because AI is easier.

I am with Stephen Hawking on this one: "The development of full artificial intelligence could spell the end of the human race."

Sorry, I do not wish to derail this topic, but I simply hate AI. Please ignore me - it's just my strong opinion.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

How are you... online?

• vyasvyas OG
    edited December 2022

@root

That is actually quite a good feedback.

I do have a section on Privacy concerns, un-approved or un-intentional use.

Artists on Artstation and other places are up in arms against the proliferation of AI. So all perspectives welcome. @Ympker reminded me to add a not about Deep Fake technology.

read if you really have to
    As an off topic, last week the Mrs and I underwent annual physical from a "AI based healthcare company". Much of it was hogwash, I still had to pee in a cup, they still drew blood, and had to carry poop samples. There was still the CAT scan, ECG and BP monitored old fashioned way. Likewise for eyes and teeth. SO where was the AI? We showed the results to an old school physician, who yelled "why did you even fall for this junk?" (un)fortunately it was free so we were the product.
    Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@root said:
    I hate artificial intelligence. I consider AI to be extremely dangerous. The negative usage can easily surpass the benefits.

For example live images of surveillance cameras can be used to easily chase and annihilate people for a corrupted government. It's just too damn easy.

Another example would be how AI images will get to replace good old fashioned human art for creating paintings and design, simply because AI is easier.

I am with Stephen Hawking on this one: "The development of full artificial intelligence could spell the end of the human race."

Sorry, I do not wish to derail this topic, but I simply hate AI. Please ignore me - it's just my strong opinion.

My pulp fiction on the topic (short, for a change):
    https://blog.bikegremlin.com/1790/rodents-are-mammals/

Thanked by (2)FrankZ vyas

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @root You want Terminators that is how you get Terminators.

@vyas sweet gonna check this out. I am a bit of an AI guy, I dabble some anyways. Truth be told I want to build an AI like Tony Stark's Jarvis. Course then I would have to build the suit as well, but good news I live in a cave so there is that much anyways.

Sorry for the ramble, definitely adding this to my must read list.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ vyas
  • Nice one. I had a brief look, seems interesting. I will spend more time reading. For a draft, the language and construct is pretty good.

Thanked by (1)vyas