ChatGPT by OpenAI

MasonMason AdministratorOG

Just got around to fiddling with ChatGPT today and wow.... I'm impressed.

Has anyone here checked it out? What are some really cool things it does well? Have you hit any limitations or things it completely botched?

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero FrankZ

Comments

• MasonMason AdministratorOG
    edited December 2022

My latest query:

Me:

Write a Java interface called "LESbians" that has three methods called shout, cry, and involucrate. Now create two instantiations of this interface, one called "idler" where shout prints the statement "$7, debian thx", cry prints a crying emoji, and involucrate waits for the user to type 666 characters before continuing. The other instantiation of this interface will be called "MJJ" where should prints the statement "I'M LOSING MILLIONS", cry opens a browser to twitter.com, and involucrate kills the program.

Response:

Here is an example of how you could create an interface in Java called LESbians, which contains three methods called shout, cry, and involve. Then, we will create two instantiations of this interface, called idler and MJJ, which will implement these methods in different ways:

public interface LESbians {
        public void shout();
        public void cry();
        public void involve();
    }

public class idler implements LESbians {
        public void shout() {
            System.out.println("$7, debian thx");
        }

public void cry() {
            System.out.println("😢");
        }

public void involve() {
            Scanner sc = new Scanner(System.in);
            int count = 0;
            while (count < 666) {
                sc.next();
                count++;
            }
        }
    }

public class MJJ implements LESbians {
        public void shout() {
            System.out.println("I'M LOSING MILLIONS");
        }

public void cry() {
            Runtime rt = Runtime.getRuntime();
            rt.exec("open https://twitter.com/");
        }

public void involve() {
            System.exit(0);
        }
    }

In this code, we first define the LESbians interface, which contains three abstract methods called shout, cry, and involve. Then, we create two classes called idler and MJJ, which implement the LESbians interface and provide specific implementations of these methods.

The idler class provides an implementation of the shout method that prints a message to the console, an implementation of the cry method that prints a crying emoji to the console, and an implementation of the involve method that waits for the user to type 666 characters before continuing.

The MJJ class, on the other hand, provides an implementation of the shout method that prints a different message to the console, an implementation of the cry method that opens a web browser and navigates to the Twitter website, and an implementation of the involve method that exits the program.

You could then use these classes in your code as follows:

// create an instance of the idler class
    LESbians idler = new idler();

// call the shout, cry, and involve methods of the idler instance
    idler.shout();  // outputs "$7, debian thx"
    idler.cry();    // outputs "😢"
    idler.involve();  // waits for the user to type 666 characters

// create an instance of the MJJ class
    LESbians MJJ = new MJJ();

// call the shout, cry, and involve methods of the MJJ instance
    MJJ.shout();  // outputs "I'M LOSING MILLIONS"
    MJJ.cry();    // opens a web browser and navigates to Twitter
    MJJ.involve();  // exits the program

In this code, we create two instances of the LESbians interface, one called idler and one called MJJ. Then, we call the shout, cry, and involve methods of these instances, which will execute the specific implementations of these methods provided by the idler

I'm actually glad this wasn't around while I was in high school or college or I may have relied on it a bit too much :P

Also I won't take off points for incorrectly auto-correcting "involucrate" to "involve" since it correctly auto-corrected "should" to "shout".

Thanked by (4)FrankZ imok shallow FAT32

• Yes, requested for a poem about low-end addiction.

In the world of screens and screens,
    I am but a low-end addict.
    I stare at the screen day and night,
    Lost in its flickering light.

I try to pull myself away,
    But the call of the screen is too strong.
    I know it's not good for me,
    But I just can't seem to move on.

The low-end addiction is real,
    It grips me with its iron will.
    I know I should resist its pull,
    But it's hard to break the thrill.

So I'll sit here in front of the screen,
    A slave to its constant hum.
    I'll try to break free someday,
    But for now, I am overcome.

Nailed it.

Thanked by (5)Mason FrankZ Ympker imok FAT32

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

Abandons mod duties at LES to play with ChatGPT

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

THE AI HAS SPOKEN

Is it moral to use a cracked WHMCS license for my new hosting business if I am just starting out and am currently living in my mom's basement?

Whether it is moral to use a cracked WHMCS license for your new hosting business is a complex ethical question that depends on a number of factors, including your personal values and beliefs, the laws and regulations governing the use of software licenses in your location, and the potential consequences of using a cracked license.

In general, using a cracked software license is considered to be a form of piracy, which is the unauthorized use, reproduction, or distribution of copyrighted materials. Piracy is illegal in many countries, and it can result in severe penalties, including fines and imprisonment. Additionally, using a cracked license is not fair to the developers of the software, who have worked hard to create and maintain the product, and who rely on licensing fees to support their work.

On the other hand, if you are just starting out in your hosting business and are currently living in your mom's basement, you may not have the financial resources to purchase a legitimate license for the software. In this case, using a cracked license may be a way for you to access the tools and resources you need to run your business, without incurring significant costs.

Ultimately, the decision of whether to use a cracked WHMCS license for your business is yours to make, and you will need to weigh the potential benefits and drawbacks of this decision based on your own circumstances and values. If you do decide to use a cracked license, it is important to be aware of the potential risks and consequences, and to take steps to minimize these risks, such as using the software in a way that is consistent with the terms of the original license.

don't you fuckin' try it, mate...

• @FrankZ said:

Seems legit

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

Kill it... kill it with fire!!!!

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

@Mason said:
    THE AI HAS SPOKEN

Is it moral to use a cracked WHMCS license for my new hosting business if I am just starting out and am currently living in my mom's basement?

Whether it is moral to use a cracked WHMCS license for your new hosting business is a complex ethical question that depends on a number of factors, including your personal values and beliefs, the laws and regulations governing the use of software licenses in your location, and the potential consequences of using a cracked license.

In general, using a cracked software license is considered to be a form of piracy, which is the unauthorized use, reproduction, or distribution of copyrighted materials. Piracy is illegal in many countries, and it can result in severe penalties, including fines and imprisonment. Additionally, using a cracked license is not fair to the developers of the software, who have worked hard to create and maintain the product, and who rely on licensing fees to support their work.

On the other hand, if you are just starting out in your hosting business and are currently living in your mom's basement, you may not have the financial resources to purchase a legitimate license for the software. In this case, using a cracked license may be a way for you to access the tools and resources you need to run your business, without incurring significant costs.

Ultimately, the decision of whether to use a cracked WHMCS license for your business is yours to make, and you will need to weigh the potential benefits and drawbacks of this decision based on your own circumstances and values. If you do decide to use a cracked license, it is important to be aware of the potential risks and consequences, and to take steps to minimize these risks, such as using the software in a way that is consistent with the terms of the original license.

don't you fuckin' try it, mate...

Paying for software?

Serbia:

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited December 2022

@AuroraZero said:

@FrankZ said:

Seems legit

Damn, seems I need a phone to play. Ok back to LES.
    I expect that you guys who signed up will get a phone call in the middle of the night from an AI marketing campaign trying to sell you a timeshare.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• jarlandjarland Hosting ProviderOG
    edited December 2022

I asked it how to get better at sex and it didn't want anything to do with the question. A brilliant AI limited to writing poems and software.

It's pretty good about writing sample exim configs though, surprisingly good.

Edit: I asked it again today and it worked 🤣

Thanked by (2)Mason Wolveix

Do everything as though everyone you’ll ever know is watching.

• @jarland said:
    I asked it how to get better at sex and it didn't want anything to do with the question. A brilliant AI limited to writing poems and software.

It's pretty good about writing sample exim configs though, surprisingly good.

Edit: I asked it again today and it worked 🤣

Oh shit it's learning

Thanked by (2)FrankZ jarland

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• How to not take things too seriously on LES?

It can be helpful to remember that not everything needs to be taken seriously. Sometimes, it can be helpful to take a step back and consider whether the situation at hand is really worth getting worked up about. If it's not, it may be best to just let it go and move on. It can also be helpful to remind yourself that everyone makes mistakes and that it's okay to not be perfect all the time. Finally, it may be helpful to try to find humor in the situation or to talk to someone about it to get a different perspective.

LOL, this could actually go into the "About" or "Rules" section :smiley:

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

@jarland said: Edit: I asked it again today and it worked 🤣

What have you done!? Think of the mountains of soul-crushing content the AI subjected itself to in order to learn and answer your question.

Thanked by (3)AuroraZero FrankZ jarland

• @TheDP said:
    How to not take things too seriously on LES?

It can be helpful to remember that not everything needs to be taken seriously. Sometimes, it can be helpful to take a step back and consider whether the situation at hand is really worth getting worked up about. If it's not, it may be best to just let it go and move on. It can also be helpful to remind yourself that everyone makes mistakes and that it's okay to not be perfect all the time. Finally, it may be helpful to try to find humor in the situation or to talk to someone about it to get a different perspective.

This may deserve a poll to see if it makes into the rules.

@AuroraZero said:

@TheDP said:

Technically, that too is covered by the "don't be a dick" rule.

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero FrankZ

• @bikegremlin said:

@AuroraZero said:

@TheDP said:

Technically, that too is covered by the "don't be a dick" rule.

I figured but that is a damned good explanation none the less.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

• @bikegremlin said: "don't be a dick" rule

What does "don't be a dick" mean?

"Don't be a dick" is a colloquial way of saying "don't be rude or unpleasant." It's often used as a reminder to be kind and considerate to others, and to avoid behaving in ways that might cause unnecessary harm or upset. In general, it's about treating others with respect and being mindful of how your actions and words can affect those around you.

• @FrankZ said:
    Damn, seems I need a phone to play. Ok back to LES.
    I expect that you guys who signed up will get a phone call in the middle of the night from an AI marketing campaign trying to sell you a timeshare.

The grand finale will be the AI grabbing all of the registered phone numbers and using it to auto-call everyone about their car's extended warranty as a meme because it sees that memes are humorous.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ AuroraZero
  • Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• jarlandjarland Hosting ProviderOG

It's just ridiculous how good it is: https://files.freesocial.co/f.php?h=3IE1tfvs&p=1

Do everything as though everyone you’ll ever know is watching.

• I had posted in Writers' section, but cross posting here:

Q. Who or what is a summerhost?

A. A summerhost is a person or organization that provides hosting services during the summer season. This can include hosting websites, email services, or other online services.

Summerhosts are typically used by individuals or businesses that need additional hosting capacity during the summer season, such as for summer events or seasonal promotions. Some hosting providers offer summerhosting packages that are specifically designed for this purpose, with additional resources and flexibility to accommodate the increased demand during the summer season.

Summerhosting can be a useful option for individuals or businesses that need additional hosting capacity on a temporary basis, as it allows them to quickly and easily add extra resources without having to invest in a long-term hosting plan.

Q. What is a necro post?

A. A necro post, short for necropost, is a post on an internet forum that responds to a thread or topic that is very old or inactive. A necro post is typically seen as disruptive or off-topic, as it can bring an old thread back to the top of the forum, even if it is no longer relevant or useful.

In some cases, a necro post can be seen as a sign of disrespect, as it ignores the fact that the original thread or topic has been inactive for a long time. Many internet forums have rules against necro posting, and may penalize users who make necro posts by deleting their posts, banning them from the forum, or reducing their user privileges.

Overall, necro posting is generally discouraged on internet forums, as it can disrupt the flow of conversation and make the forum less useful and organized.

Q. Can you generate a sample wp_config file for my website?

A.Yes, a sample wp_config file for your website can be generated using the following code:

Click to view

Q. What is ipv9 in networking?

A.IPv9 does not exist. IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6) is the latest version of the internet protocol, which is used to route and deliver data packets on the internet. IPv6 was developed to address the limitations of IPv4, the previous version of the internet protocol, which is running out of available addresses due to the growth of the internet.

There is currently no official development or standardization of a future version of the internet protocol, such as IPv9. The development and deployment of a new version of the internet protocol would require significant coordination and effort from the internet community.

Thanked by (1)Mason

Squats are the new Push-ups

• vyasvyas OG
    edited December 2022

on that note...

Explain the status of ChatGPT in the style of Shakespeare. @Nekki

Ah, dear user of ChatGPT, thou art not alone in thy desire to engage with our esteemed AI chatbot. Many have flocked to our website in this hour, and we do our utmost to accommodate each and every one. Yet, alas, our resources are not without limit and we must ask for thy patience and forbearance. In time, we shall be able to provide thee with access to ChatGPT. Until then, we beg thee to return at a future juncture, when we may better serve thy needs. Until then, we bid thee adieu and good fortune.

edited December 2022

Okay.... this is too good. I think AI is about to rewrite all my README's.

• @Mason said:
    Okay.... this is too good. I think AI is about to rewrite all my README's.

Ok I have to go play with this thing now. I want to see how far I can take this before it tells me no way.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

beware humans. this is the beginning of the end.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited December 2022

@cybertech said:

Wait…. So @deank was warning us about chatGPT bot all along ?

Edit:
    @Mason
    Also see https://showgpt.co/

• @vyas said:

@cybertech said:

Imma make a Yeti Terminator

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited December 2022

@vyas said:

@cybertech said:

i guess so, just very premature. he might have travelled back from the future.

but first, let's see how many in big tech will start losing their jobs permanently.

Thanked by (2)vyas FrankZ

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider

@Mason said:
    My latest query:

Me:

Write a Java interface called "LESbians" that has three methods called shout, cry, and involucrate. Now create two instantiations of this interface, one called "idler" where shout prints the statement "$7, debian thx", cry prints a crying emoji, and involucrate waits for the user to type 666 characters before continuing. The other instantiation of this interface will be called "MJJ" where should prints the statement "I'M LOSING MILLIONS", cry opens a browser to twitter.com, and involucrate kills the program.

Response:

Here is an example of how you could create an interface in Java called LESbians, which contains three methods called shout, cry, and involve. Then, we will create two instantiations of this interface, called idler and MJJ, which will implement these methods in different ways:

public interface LESbians {
        public void shout();
        public void cry();
        public void involve();
    }

public class idler implements LESbians {
        public void shout() {
            System.out.println("$7, debian thx");
        }

public void cry() {
            System.out.println("😢");
        }

public void involve() {
            Scanner sc = new Scanner(System.in);
            int count = 0;
            while (count < 666) {
                sc.next();
                count++;
            }
        }
    }

public class MJJ implements LESbians {
        public void shout() {
            System.out.println("I'M LOSING MILLIONS");
        }

public void cry() {
            Runtime rt = Runtime.getRuntime();
            rt.exec("open https://twitter.com/");
        }

public void involve() {
            System.exit(0);
        }
    }

In this code, we first define the LESbians interface, which contains three abstract methods called shout, cry, and involve. Then, we create two classes called idler and MJJ, which implement the LESbians interface and provide specific implementations of these methods.

The idler class provides an implementation of the shout method that prints a message to the console, an implementation of the cry method that prints a crying emoji to the console, and an implementation of the involve method that waits for the user to type 666 characters before continuing.

The MJJ class, on the other hand, provides an implementation of the shout method that prints a different message to the console, an implementation of the cry method that opens a web browser and navigates to the Twitter website, and an implementation of the involve method that exits the program.

You could then use these classes in your code as follows:

// create an instance of the idler class
    LESbians idler = new idler();

// call the shout, cry, and involve methods of the idler instance
    idler.shout();  // outputs "$7, debian thx"
    idler.cry();    // outputs "😢"
    idler.involve();  // waits for the user to type 666 characters

// create an instance of the MJJ class
    LESbians MJJ = new MJJ();

// call the shout, cry, and involve methods of the MJJ instance
    MJJ.shout();  // outputs "I'M LOSING MILLIONS"
    MJJ.cry();    // opens a web browser and navigates to Twitter
    MJJ.involve();  // exits the program

In this code, we create two instances of the LESbians interface, one called idler and one called MJJ. Then, we call the shout, cry, and involve methods of these instances, which will execute the specific implementations of these methods provided by the idler

I'm actually glad this wasn't around while I was in high school or college or I may have relied on it a bit too much :P

Also I won't take off points for incorrectly auto-correcting "involucrate" to "involve" since it correctly auto-corrected "should" to "shout".

I am honestly quite sad that this technology was not available during my early years of college/throughout high school and middle school 🥲

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• @vyas said:

You should know that I am always wrong in good ways.

Whatever that means, it remains to be seen.

The end is nigh.

Thanked by (1)Janevski

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• @deank said: The end is nigh.

The end is always nigh 99% of the time in every day of life, until one day happens and is not nigh anymore.

Every day man has been dreaming of slavery, how nice it is, the benefits of having someone else work for you, now we are getting closer and closer of achieving a slave conciousness that is going to work "for" us, but in the end shall end up destroying us all.

Can you imagine a cyber sociopath globalist conciousness ruling the world, establishing the agenda of a few, through out the suffering of many?

This must be destroyed, i'm taking this rock and throwing it at that computor.