Cyborg Stealth - Free and Private Cloud Storage

Just found this somewhere in the internet, the upload and download speed is fast for me.

The Ui is good and easy to use, and above all, free 25GB of space in their beta period.

Their backend is currently on AWS and use S3 across multiple AZ's for redundancy. Plan to add multi-region and potentially multi-cloud in the future.

All files will use blob (Binary large object) protocol when accessed.
Currently access via browser only.
MFA Validation by email is default.

I think @Ympker you will like this.

Features from their website:
1. Privacy First
Everything you upload is end-to-end encrypted. File contents, file names,folder names, directory structures, etc.
2. Secure import
Reclaim your privacy by importing your files from existing cloud storageplatforms - without revealing them to Stealth or anyone
3. Encrypted search
Search your encrypted files securely and privately by name, content, or metadata; all without leaking information or sensitive data.
4. Intelligent Categorization
Your files are automatically recognized and categorized for easy search and retrieval. This is done on-device to protect your privacy.

Get 25GB of free, end-to-end encrypted cloud storage by joining the Beta today!

Link:
https://www.cyborg.co/

Thanked by (3)Ympker bliss cyborgnico

Comments

• edited December 2022

make it 100gb 1€ one time early bird offer for les (i should have written this to let =) )

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

Will have a look! Thanks mate @Fritz !

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

Where is the pricing?

Multiple AZ AWS is gonna be pricey

• vyasvyas OG
    edited December 2022

I played around with it last night- looks good for now- though options are limited.
    Sign Up is easy, Web browser based uploads are okay, cannot rename files, but can move them to different folders. Interface looks clean and nice. Dark mode of course makes it more functional for me.

Depending on how the service shapes up - excluding the 'privacy' pitch - might be interested in a paid plan down the line.

Some random screenshots

Cyborg-Stealth-Account-Settings

Cyborg-Stealth-File-MOve-Duplicate-Check

Cyborg-Stealth-Files-uploaded

File-import-options

Stealth-Cyborg-File-upload

Stealth-Dashboard

Squats are the new Push-ups

• Shady at best. Asking to invest? https://republic.com/cyborg

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • Smells weird.

Speaking of weird smelling storage, Internxt are trying to sell lifetimes again.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • @Nekki said:
    Smells weird.

Speaking of weird smelling storage, Internxt are trying to sell lifetimes again.

Yeah, received a mail about it some days ago.

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero Nekki

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @vyas said:
    I played around with it last night- looks good for now- though options are limited.
    Sign Up is easy, Web browser based uploads are okay, cannot rename files, but can move them to different folders. Interface looks clean and nice. Dark mode of course makes it more functional for me.

Depending on how the service shapes up - excluding the 'privacy' pitch - might be interested in a paid plan down the line.

Some random screenshots

Cyborg-Stealth-Account-Settings

Cyborg-Stealth-File-MOve-Duplicate-Check

Cyborg-Stealth-Files-uploaded

File-import-options

Stealth-Cyborg-File-upload

Stealth-Dashboard

So far good for me. Some bug found hopefully they will fix it.

• edited December 2022

@legendary said:
    Shady at best. Asking to invest? https://republic.com/cyborg

Better than selling Lifetime? Or not.

• @Fritz said:

@legendary said:

Better than selling Lifetime? Or not.

At least with a lifetime you get something for your money, even if it is for an undefined period.

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero Radi
  • JabJab
    edited December 2022

@havoc said:
    Where is the pricing?
    Multiple AZ AWS is gonna be pricey

This is why I am not touching this, even free tier. Basing your current business model on AWS means you can't compete with any big players in field in regards of price... and people that need AWS will just take AWS.

This will be a scam/die within a year/turns out some crypto coin shit :D

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero chimichurri

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• Thanks for sharing Stealth @Fritz ! I actually work at Cyborg. We launched Stealth BETA on Web and iOS in the past few weeks and we're making progress with the help of everyone's feedback.

@legendary said:

We've raised Seed funding in the past, but we launched this equity crowdfunding campaign to give some of our early adopters / those interested in our mission the ability to buy in. That's all.

@Jab said:
    This is why I am not touching this, even free tier. Basing your current business model on AWS means you can't compete with any big players in field in regards of price... and people that need AWS will just take AWS.

This will be a scam/die within a year/turns out some crypto coin shit :D

You make valid points, but the cost difference between S3 and running our own storage infrastructure just isn't significant enough for us at the moment (we're still in beta). We're building our systems to be backing store-agnostic, but using S3 allows us to focus on time and resources on building a differentiated product.

• does it support rclone / similar cli tool or not?

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• edited December 2022

200MB file size upload limit
    Can't create a folder
    Stalled uploading a file

• @Encoders said:
    does it support rclone / similar cli tool or not?

Not yet. We've been asked for a CLI by a number of users so we're considering adding it to our roadmap.

• @hornet said:
    200MB file size upload limit
    Can't create a folder
    Stalled uploading a file

The 200MB upload limit is a temporary workaround due to memory management issues in some browsers. We've fixed this and it will be included in our next update.

The other two issues are more concerning. Do you happen to be on Android?

• @cyborgnico said: Not yet. We've been asked for a CLI by a number of users so we're considering adding it to our roadmap.

good to hear that, if you can't prioritize making a dedicated cli tool at very least i hope there will be some accessible API. if it's a good service people will be rolling making a tool based on your API anyway

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.