Why doesn't natvps support Chinese IP?

Comments

• only supports ipv6 in China.

• To avoid fraud and abuse, and owner values his sanity.

Thanked by (1)shallow
  • edited December 2022

I'm not sure I understand your question, but if I guessed right, you may take a look here

Contribute your idling VPS/dedi (link), Android (link) or iOS (link) devices to medical research

• vyasvyas OG
    edited December 2022

@chimichurri said:
    I'm not sure I understand you question, but if I guessed right, you may take a look here

Clicking link that answers question is hard! Ergo…

@naiba your compadres are the reason

See below, posted by @natvps in 2 different ways.

You may also want to ask why Inception Hosting does not accept orders from China. Similar reason (s)

Please note that we are not currently accepting orders from China due to an increase of Fraud, abuse and several of our IP's being blocked on the GFW. This is something that we're working on and we should have a solution soon.

And (from link posted by @chimichurri

To give some stats:

20% of all Accepted orders from China result in chargebacks/disputes

60% of order attempts from China are using false billing details and/or Proxy services to order.

30% of all Accepted orders from China breach our TOS causing Abuse reports, DMCA takedowns and other manual cleanup tasks.
    This really isn't profitable for us, in fact during the times we have had large amounts of orders from this region we have made a net loss.

It is very unlikely that we will accept our standard orders from China again although we are looking at the feasibility of setting up a sister company aimed specifically at this region however we will not be accepting any forms of reversible payments and we will NOT be offering these services from UK based nodes.

We hate having this blanket ban in place. It is simply unfair for our clients that reside in China however at this time we simply have no choice.

We also have the issue of clients in China consistently attempting to order when their first order has been marked as fraud, in some cases placing up to 60 fraudulent orders. This burns through stock levels preventing genuine clients from ordering services.

Squats are the new Push-ups

• MicronodeMicronode Hosting Provider

We're working on it, we will offer some form of services in China next year but right now due to the amount of chargebacks and abuse it is simply not profitable for us.

I'm really sorry about this, its not a ban that I wanted to impose and as soon as I have news around our solution I will make sure everyone is updated.

• Because the IPs in China are very, very far away, across seven mountains, across seven rivers, across seven valleys and the packets expire in transit.

PS: Across seven dollars...

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @naiba said:

Brexit

Thanked by (2)FrankZ ralf
  • Ukraine War

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!!

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited December 2022

Cheap, does attract a lot of users and abuse, GFW dislikes a lot of traffic on a single IP.
    Get a VPS with a dedicated IP, no NAT.

• @natvps_uk said:
    We're working on it, we will offer some form of services in China next year but right now due to the amount of chargebacks and abuse it is simply not profitable for us.

I'm really sorry about this, its not a ban that I wanted to impose and as soon as I have news around our solution I will make sure everyone is updated.

As far as I know the abuse of chargebacks is only for some people, like one bad guy in one place, you can't catch everyone, it's not fair

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@naiba said: As far as I know the abuse of chargebacks is only for some people, like one bad guy in one place, you can't catch everyone, it's not fair

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• vyasvyas OG
    edited December 2022

@naiba said:

@natvps_uk said:

As far as I know the abuse of chargebacks is only for some people, like one bad guy in one place, you can't catch everyone, it's not fair

What is the acceptable limit for "some" in China, please? See the numbers posted ... or are you suggesting all of the below is by one guy? would be helpful to understand...

60% of order attempts from China are using false billing details and/or Proxy services to order.

30% of all Accepted orders from China breach our TOS causing Abuse reports, DMCA takedowns and other manual cleanup tasks.

p.s: Would be helpful also to understand why so much heartburn for a hosting plan that costs less than 5 US dollars (or 10 for that matter)?

And if the plan is SO important, is changing country an option ?

Thanked by (2)FrankZ lysdev

Squats are the new Push-ups

• @vyas said:

@naiba said:

@natvps_uk said:

What is the acceptable limit for "some" in China, please? See the numbers posted ... or are you suggesting all of the below is by one guy? would be helpful to understand...

p.s: Would be helpful also to understand why so much heartburn for a hosting plan that costs less than 5 US dollars (or 10 for that matter)?

You may not know that Chinese people need a proxy to go to Google, because the national firewall blocks google, ins, and other websites and applications, so that Chinese people need vpn encrypted connections when they go out, so the cheaper the vps, the better. , most people just use it for vpn, traffic, and cpu usage are basically very small, as for those who abuse it, it should be used for digging or pt, etc.

• Let me step in MJJ's shoes a bit...

1 USD = 6.97 CNY, so 5 USD is 35 CNY.
    https://quora.com/How-much-does-an-average-restaurant-meal-cost-per-person-in-China

MJJs would be heartburn for 35cny as this represents a decent meal.

Those who don't feel heartburn for 35cny, are not MJJs.

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero ccc

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• edited December 2022

@naiba said:

@vyas said:

@naiba said:

@natvps_uk said:

You may not know that Chinese people need a proxy to go to Google, because the national firewall blocks google, ins, and other websites and applications, so that Chinese people need vpn encrypted connections when they go out, so the cheaper the vps, the better. , most people just use it for vpn, traffic, and cpu usage are basically very small, as for those who abuse it, it should be used for digging or pt, etc.

Too many people don't play by the rules. You have a dispute, you work with the providers first. And don't expect providers will respond to you immediately. You didn't pay their salary.

Paypal dispute only as a last resort for example the provider had not responded for a week or it is well known the provider has deadpooled.

And yes, everybody here knows about the GFW.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero

• @terrorgen said:

@naiba said:

@vyas said:

@naiba said:

@natvps_uk said:

Too many people don't play by the rules. You have a dispute, you work with the providers first. And don't expect providers will respond to you immediately. You didn't pay their salary.

Paypal dispute only as a last resort for example the provider had not responded for a week or it is well known the provider has deadpooled.

Hahaha, this is mjj, you actually know that the two of us need more than $40 for a meal out,
    Not sure if @natvps_uk agrees,
    Also, I have not used PayPal's dispute tool
    Because most of us are just ordinary Internet users and will not violate merchant regulations

• @naiba said:

@terrorgen said:

@naiba said:

@vyas said:

@naiba said:

@natvps_uk said:

Hahaha, this is mjj, you actually know that the two of us need more than $40 for a meal out,
    Because most of us are just ordinary Internet users and will not violate merchant regulations

You are not MJJ then.

Sadly MJJs are the loudest and least behaved crowd in the low end market. That affected everyone using an IP from a certain eastern country...

Thanked by (1)ccc

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider

Almost all of my disputes come from China, but I usually win them since they don't provide adequate evidence

Thanked by (3)webcraft tototo ccc

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• @Advin said:
    Almost all of my disputes come from China, but I usually win them since they don't provide adequate evidence

Malicious refund, it's disgusting, your service is not expensive, it's still more affordable

• @terrorgen said:

@naiba said:

@terrorgen said:

@naiba said:

@vyas said:

@naiba said:

@natvps_uk said:

You are not MJJ then.

Sadly MJJs are the loudest and least behaved crowd in the low end market. That affected everyone using an IP from a certain eastern country...

At least, I haven't had a refund, it's all light use, and I can surf the Internet normally

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider
    edited December 2022

When you start charging services (i.e. NAT VPS's) at $2-$3/year, it starts becoming not worth it to deal with disputes since it takes a lot of time and PayPal/Stripe sometimes charges $15+ dispute fees.

Most disputes come out of China, so it's easier to ban the entire country than to have to deal with the disputes.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ skorous

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• @Advin said:
    When you start charging services (i.e. NAT VPS's) at $2-$3/year, it starts becoming not worth it to deal with disputes since it takes a lot of time and PayPal/Stripe sometimes charges $15+ dispute fees.

Most disputes come out of China, so it's easier to ban the entire country than to have to deal with the disputes.

Cancel PayPal payment

• IP discrimination ≈ regional discrimination ≈ racial discrimination
    But it sounds innocent...

• @hunewton said:
    IP discrimination ≈ regional discrimination ≈ racial discrimination

Here we go again. What part about "you're extremely problematic, time demanding and costly clientele" you don't understand? A bit of self-awareness wouldn't do any harm. Let me quote post from above:

To give some stats:

This really isn't profitable for us, in fact during the times we have had large amounts of orders from this region we have made a net loss.

It is very unlikely that we will accept our standard orders from China again although we are looking at the feasibility of setting up a sister company aimed specifically at this region however we will not be accepting any forms of reversible payments and we will NOT be offering these services from UK based nodes.

We hate having this blanket ban in place. It is simply unfair for our clients that reside in China however at this time we simply have no choice.

We also have the issue of clients in China consistently attempting to order when their first order has been marked as fraud, in some cases placing up to 60 fraudulent orders. This burns through stock levels preventing genuine clients from ordering services.

Situation sucks for genuine, non problematic clients from China for sure, but refusing to deal with all this shit above is not racist. It's just protecting your own business from being burned again and again and again.

• very impressive stats, very dirty talks
    you can also post similar stats for some races, Will the Judge accept that?

@Mumbly said:

@hunewton said:

Here we go again. What part about "you're extremely problematic, time demanding and costly clientele" you don't understand? A bit of self-awareness wouldn't do any harm. Let me quote post from above:

To give some stats:

Situation sucks for genuine, non problematic clients from China for sure, but refusing to deal with all this shit above is not racist. It's just protecting your own business from being burned again and again and again.

• @hunewton said:
    very impressive stats, very dirty talks
    you can also post similar stats for some races, Will the Judge accept that?

@Mumbly said:

@hunewton said:

To give some stats:

Please don't bring this fake drama to LES, or the posts will start getting flagged. OP asked why a particular provider had a policy, and that has been answered by the provider themselves.

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

Providers are entitled to not serve particular markets for whatever reason they like. It's business not a united nations equality summit.

Thanked by (3)AlwaysSkint bdl shelfchair
  • @hunewton said:

Westerner (?) living in China can't order the service. Chinese living outside of China can order the service.

• edited December 2022

@terrorgen said:
    Let me step in MJJ's shoes a bit...

1 USD = 6.97 CNY, so 5 USD is 35 CNY.
    https://quora.com/How-much-does-an-average-restaurant-meal-cost-per-person-in-China

MJJs would be heartburn for 35cny as this represents a decent meal.

Those who don't feel heartburn for 35cny, are not MJJs.

It's also fairly easy to pay 200 RMB for a burger in Shanghai. Salaries in Shanghai for Chinese people can also be as low as 1000 RMB per month or well over 90000 RMB per month. I do agree that the median is more around 10000 RMB though.

I'm not really sure what your point is though. The cost of a foreign VPS per month costs more than an average meal. OK, so if you're in the situation where buying a meal for 35 RMB is a big expense to you, don't get a foreign VPS. If you're in the situation where you can buy a 200 RMB burger and barely even notice the cost, get a foreign VPS.

"Can I afford it?" and "Is it worth this much to me?" are the same decisions you'd make in any country.

This discussion has been closed.