HideAway VPN - New Lifetime VPN on Stacksocial with some rather special features

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
edited December 2022 in General

Just found out about HideAway VPN Lifetime Subscription on Stacksocial. Price tag is at 49,99$ (no discounts calculated in). It appears to be a product of Firetrust product line (they also offer AV, Email encryption and other related software) and comes with some rather special features. For example, it apparently allows you to re-route traffic application-specific (e.g. one application to US, one to EU, one to Asia..) and has some more custom rules planned. It also boosts that it's way faster than its' competitors (nothing new here; common ad strategy). Still it could be worth a look.

Disclaimer: I haven't googled up on this one yet/didn't check for any reviews. DYOR :) It's either a scam, or actually innovative/interesting.

Some interesting screenshots with features:

Thanked by (3)FrankZ Mumbly root

Comments

• So, who's taking one for the team? :p

Thanked by (2)Ympker someTom
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited December 2022

@Mumbly said:
    So, who's taking one for the team? :p

I'll skip for now. X-MAS shopping has hit hard. But maybe someone else is up for the task? :tongue:

Edit: excluded from coupons..

Thanked by (1)Mumbly
  • Their server location

Can't find a review though, only giveaways way back from 2021.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited December 2022

Lots of the features that sound particularly interesting are coming soon , then again with lifetime licenses you invest in the future of said software/product. Locations thar @kuroneko23 posted don't seem extraordinary, however it's okay if they got streaming services in US/UK covered as most ppl would likely unblock things like Flix US/UK, Hulu, HBO..

No love for Oktoberfest I see :/

• OS support too limited for me to try.

What Operating systems does HideAway run on?
    Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@tetech said:
    OS support too limited for me to try.

Yeah I thought the same. Seems like they don't use any of the established ovpn/wg protcols.

• @Ympker said:

@tetech said:
    OS support too limited for me to try.

Yeah I thought the same. Seems like they don't use any of the established ovpn/wg protcols.

With just a quick look, it seems they only support AEAD.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • rootroot OG
    edited December 2022

Windows... and that's it? What sorcery is this? It remains for them to advertise special support for Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

How are you... online?

• All of the features they promise are possible from a technological standpoint, but I have yet to see another VPN company implement them (especially with regards to the split tunneling support). Here's hoping their client software is open source and they deliver on their promises.

Thanked by (2)Ympker FrankZ

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

@CamoYoshi said:
    All of the features they promise are possible from a technological standpoint, but I have yet to see another VPN company implement them (especially with regards to the split tunneling support). Here's hoping their client software is open source and they deliver on their promises.

Indeed. Split-Tunelling (as in either vpn traffic or normal traffic) is nothing new in the VPN industry, though. Ivacy, Windscribe, FastestVPN and others have it. However, Split-Tunelling with a different geo-ip per application is certainly new to me. Interesting how it'll turn out. I'm guessing it'll be closed software, though.

Thanked by (1)CamoYoshi