Christmas or New Year sales?

Will there be Christmas or New Year sales? If so, when?

Comments

• edited December 2022

@gomi said:

it already started

ask @AuroraZero if you can get a present or a shuffle to throw away some snow outside of his hut.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @ehab said:

@gomi said:

it already started

ask @AuroraZero if you can get a present or a shuffle to throw away some snow outside of his hut.

really? I didn't notice, as it felt like les was deserted

• edited December 2022

@gomi said:
    really? I didn't notice, as it felt like les was deserted

hmmmm, not sure if i ever asked you to take off your pants??
    feels good man.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @gomi said:

At Christmas or New Year would be a likely guess.

• rootroot OG
    edited December 2022

I am not a fan of Christmas offers. Christmas is more of a religious celebration regarded as a great time to relax and spend some time with family (this is what I also intend on doing).

I do however want to see some New Year powerful VPS offers which might hopefully outshine the Chinese fireworks and NATO's sky-rockets combined.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint tetech

How are you... online?

• @root said: Christmas is more of a religious celebration..

As is Thanksgiving a.k.a. Black Friday?

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• rootroot OG
    edited December 2022

@AlwaysSkint said:

@root said: Christmas is more of a religious celebration..

That's right too. I am not from USA, so I am not in position to elaborate on the subject. I do like the offers though.

How are you... online?

• @AlwaysSkint said:

Black Friday is not a religious celebration.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @Nekki said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

True. Thanksgiving is a national celebration. Black Friday is connected to Thanksgiving so it should also be national, but because of the popular offers and sales it slowly became international. None of them is religions though. You're right.

👍

How are you... online?

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving - a variable historical association.
    I tend to think of it as a harvest celebration, but given Wild West attitudes that prevail over The Pond, anything is possible!

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving - a variable historical association.
    I tend to think of it as a harvest celebration, but given Wild West attitudes that prevail over The Pond, anything is possible!

Black Friday has nothing to do with Thanksgiving aside from proximity.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • @Nekki he posted in the thread for the of god. @goni poked his head in and one word and that was wow. I am not sure how he doesn't remember such a momentous comment. I even responded saying hi and asked how he was getting along.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@Nekki said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

There's nothing more American than being a glutton at Thanksgiving dinner, camping out at Walmart or Best Buy all night, then trampling some unfortunate souls to quickly grab an 80 inch TV that was marked up 2x the month prior but is now 50% OFF!!

'Murica!

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @Mason said:

@Nekki said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

There's nothing more American than being a glutton at Thanksgiving dinner, camping out at Walmart or Best Buy all night, then trampling some unfortunate souls to quickly grab an 80 inch TV that was marked up 2x the month prior but is now 50% OFF!!

'Murica!

Speaking of that during the height and craze of the Pandemic they gave out checks to people. My Wife, at the time had some family in Tennessee. We lived in Michigan so the old Yeti grabbed his stuff, his dogs, his wife and head to Tennessee to check on them. Well turns out you could not buy anything as people has mobbed the stores, but this little gem popped up.

I watch a guy in Target parking lot trying to shove an 80 inch tv into a Toyota car. Funniest thing I had seen a long time as he tries the trunk, the back seat, took it out the box even and then after a half hour realized there is no way it will fit. So he goes back inside, and I know what is coming next, he comes out with strapsand straps it to his roof. Then he drives off and I continue to eat and drink my soda.

Man that was hilarious to watch and I almost followed him. I wanted to see the end of the saga!!! Now I am left with so many questions. Did he make it home? Was it one piece? Did it still work? If he didn't make it home, what did the crash look like?

Thanked by (2)Mason FrankZ

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider
    edited December 2022

I might do a New Year hunt for domains/web/reseller/email and licenses but I need to acquire a few labrats first and complete my to-do list. :smile:

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • @Nekki said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

but we could make it, wanna be Saint Nekki or Santa Nekki ?

• @cold said:

@Nekki said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

Satan Nekki

Thanked by (2)sh97 AuroraZero
  • @Nekki said:

@cold said:

@Nekki said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

Satan Nekki

GREAT !!!! new you need to give us gifts !

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider

Play some more chess and maybe then I'll consider doing LES New Year and Christmas offers

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• @cold said:

@Nekki said:

@cold said:

@Nekki said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

Satan Nekki

GREAT !!!! new you need to give us gifts !

Nudes?

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • @Advin said:
    Play some more chess and maybe then I'll consider doing LES New Year and Christmas offers

All I want for Christmas is MOAR $6 servers.

Thanked by (3)AuroraZero sh97 lemoncube

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said:

@Advin said:

All I want for Christmas is MOAR $6 servers.

no xmas for you then.

do 22 pushups... and feel better

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • @Advin said:

Please wait for new years eve when everybody's drunk, then chances are lower people find a workaround. :joy:

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • @webcraft said:

@Advin said:

Please wait for new years eve when everybody's drunk, then chances are lower people find a workaround. :joy:

Bah I may be drunk tonight you never know. I have beer and hookers and blackjack!

Thanked by (1)webcraft

• MicronodeMicronode Hosting Provider

I was planning on doing some RISCv and ARM64 deals for Christmas but the postman has let me down

Thanked by (3)AuroraZero localhost nick_
  • @natvps_uk said:
    I was planning on doing some RISCv and ARM64 deals for Christmas but the postman has let me down

You should bring out the LES idlers... wayy to Kool to brag for

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • @natvps_uk said:

RISCv sounds good, do you support FreeBSD with 48-bits? Also plans for adding SPARC (was using this before with FreeBSD)?

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
    edited December 2022

@webcraft said:

@natvps_uk said:

RISCv sounds good, do you support FreeBSD with 48-bits? Also plans for adding SPARC (was using this before with FreeBSD)?

We'll be running LXC on RISCv so sadly no freebsd support.

There is no support for other Architectures planned although ARM will be pretty common for us going forward.

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero webcraft

@localhost said:

@natvps_uk said:

We could maybe do another run of idle optimised VPS'. Maybe for New Year rather than Christmas.

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero localhost
  • @natvps_uk said:

@localhost said:

@natvps_uk said:

We could maybe do another run of idle optimised VPS'. Maybe for New Year rather than Christmas.

BTW, how are the idle optimized instances coming along for those who were lucky to snag it earlier?