how much did you earn from aff?

When I'm in need of VPS recommendations or other things, affiliates seem to be in abundance. So I'm wondering, is being an affman truly worth the time and effort? How much have you made from affiliate marketing, if you don't mind sharing? It seems like everyone and their uncle is trying to push their referral links on me. Is it really that profitable, or is it just a load of baloney?

Comments

• I cashed out $17.50 from NexusBytes aff.
    All other hosting affiliate accounts haven't reached minimum withdraw, and many are still at zero.

I don't spend much time on those afflinks.

non-aff to satisfy forum gods.

Thanked by (2)MichaelCee huginn

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• 10EUR from a single Hetzner referral, still unspent.
    Come to think of it, i've brought them some custommers on the projects i work on or have been involved with...

Thanked by (1)huginn
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer
    edited January 2023

I practically always use affiliate links when a service/product I'm recommending offers that program.

Companies pay you out past a certain amount (say about $100).

With some programs, you get money transferred as soon as you hit the payout threshold (Amazon is a good example).
    With others, you must request a payout.

The auto-payout aside, it is something I check once or twice a year, and consider it to be an "unexpected" bonus.

Some people aim to make a living out of those though. For example, I use and recommend Windscribe. They don't offer any affiliate program. NordVPN, on the other hand, offers quite substantial commissions (promised me 100% for the first payment and 30% on renewal). But I can not recommend NordVPN over Windscribe. Windscribe is a better choice IMO. However, if I wanted to make a living from affiliate marketing, I'd have to sing praises to NordVPN, obviously.

Of course, that would not prevent me from using an affiliate link when I mention NordVPN - if someone decides to purchase despite my not recommending it, why not take some money?
    / my NordVPN affiliate has been closed in the meantime, since apparently, no one was insane enough to use it when I'm recommending against it - oh well, that's life. :)

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @bikegremlin said: NordVPN, on the other hand, offers quite substantial commissions (promised me 100% for the first payment and 30% on renewal). But I can not recommend NordVPN over Windscribe. Windscribe is a better choice IMO. However, if I wanted to make a living from affiliate marketing, I'd have to sing praises to NordVPN, obviously.

100%? Wow! I guess this goes a long way to explaining why practically every other youtube video has an advert for NordVPN!

Although I also think that basically anyone who wants a VPN must already have one by now.

• Oh ye i forgot...
    Payment in one shilling, two shilling, three shilling...

• Never used them and usually buy without them. No one likes the Yeti's monies anyways.

• More than $90 from RackNerd aff.

• I have earned $130 from VirMach aff link. Been buying VPS for free from VirMach using that referral money for the past 3 years. I have already paid for my VPS till next BF which is Nov 2023 and have enough money to buy another year till Nov 2024. Plus I have got $12 extra so need around $14 more and I will have enough money to renew service till Nov 2025.

• about three fiddy

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• 50 euro from Hetnzer used up as "In store credit"

• I haven't paid for anything at Vultr for years now

• My best aff story:
    I Earned $100 with One Tweet

Thanked by (1)localhost

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.