13»

Comments

• @TheDP said:

@cold said:

@TheDP said:
    Have you tried contacting support?

also no answer from support ;)

Another one bites the dust :smiley:

Pokes hostdare with a stick You dead yet? Come on we wanna know you dead?

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited January 2023

@root said:
    Nerd might be next. Dustin will have to pay for his court proceedings. Now that could be an epic drama with many clients complaining.

I don't believe Virmach to be next. @VirMach saw many providers go down, therefore he must have learned a thing or two from their experience. There is a lot of history behind this company.

If I were a ship's captain, I'd be very much the "captain goes down with the ship" type. That's honestly the one thing that probably differentiates us and ends up giving us an edge. There's other factors of course.

@nullroute said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    Hostsolution deadpool, Nexusbytes bites the dust, HostDare presumably also ran away,
    Can't believe VirmAch out lasted them all

Virmach makes a profit by delaying orders, not hiring any employees, and data-center support being only a single technician in spare time to perform maintenance.

Making a profit by delaying orders is a contradiction. We'd definitely like everything out as soon as possible so we can bill you again for it sooner. A single person is such as bad unit of measurement though. Everyone for the most part made their own decisions where they could, and anything out of my control resulted in adaptation.

Do you really believe that it was my goal or desire to do the majority of the work, or that we are somehow more profitable now as a result? It was obviously mostly a necessity and probably not something most people would do or be capable of doing for the company they founded, so I guess you could count that as the second reason we don't die out so easily.

• @VirMach said:

@root said:
    Nerd might be next. Dustin will have to pay for his court proceedings. Now that could be an epic drama with many clients complaining.

I don't believe Virmach to be next. @VirMach saw many providers go down, therefore he must have learned a thing or two from their experience. There is a lot of history behind this company.

If I were a ship's captain, I'd be very much the "captain goes down with the ship" type. That's honestly the one thing that probably differentiates us and ends up giving us an edge. There's other factors of course.

@nullroute said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    Hostsolution deadpool, Nexusbytes bites the dust, HostDare presumably also ran away,
    Can't believe VirmAch out lasted them all

Virmach makes a profit by delaying orders, not hiring any employees, and data-center support being only a single technician in spare time to perform maintenance.

Making a profit by delaying orders is a contradiction. We'd definitely like everything out as soon as possible so we can bill you again for it sooner. A single person is such as bad unit of measurement though. Everyone for the most part made their own decisions where they could, and anything out of my control resulted in adaptation.

Do you really believe that it was my goal or desire to do the majority of the work, or that we are somehow more profitable now as a result? It was obviously mostly a necessity and probably not something most people would do or be capable of doing for the company they founded, so I guess you could count that as the second reason we don't die out so easily.

@VirMach how about the ipv6 you promissed over a year ago ? or is it 2 years ?

Thanked by (2)yoursunny nullroute
  • oh, did I just muted @VirMach ? how do I undo that ?!

Thanked by (1)shallow
  • They are investing in advancing ipv9. It's leapfrogging approach.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Squats are the new Push-ups

• @vyas said:
    They are investing in advancing ipv9. It's leapfrogging approach.

oh thats the 'SECRET PROJECT' @yoursunny was talking about ? i've heard he is also involved

• they are back online =)) VPS and website