Crunchbits' Ultra Mega Giveaways And Goods: Servers, CPUs, Motherboards, RAM, Disks, Etc
We're in the process of (extremely slowly) cleaning up and prepping to move out of one of our warehouses to a new location and throughout this process I've seen that we have a lot of stuff that is non-business-critical and thus becomes e-waste. I don't want to throw it away, and I don't want to become an eBay reseller. The next best idea: free stuff (on LES only).
* Your account should have more activity (not spammy) than mine to be considered. There isn't a hard-and-fast rule, if you think you qualify then make a claim.
* Wait 24 hours between "claims" on parts to give others a chance to chime in and get something.
* Items will have a per-claim quantity limit listed if one exists, this resets every 24hrs with the general claim rules.
* You provide us a shipping label at your expense, as well as the required importation docs to be included with said label, if necessary. I do not have the administrative manpower to deal with this, so it is non-negotiable. We will provide all packing materials and package it appropriately. We ship from Spokane, WA, USA.
* I will not and cannot test every piece of hardware here. They worked when pulled, but some of these items have been sitting for 2+ years. No guarantees--accept that risk BEFORE you send us a shipping label. There are no guarantees, refunds, replacements, warranties or anything of that nature. We will test the servers for POST/BIOS before packing due to the hassle and cost of shipping full chassis.
* I can and probably will change rules at any given time, for any given reason. If I forgot something or there is some 'technicality' allowing unintended actions, I will simply change the rules and ignore the request. This is a best-effort giveaway for no reason other than to hope someone can get some decent hardware and use it.
Process to claiming:
1. Reply with the ITEM and QUANTITY requested clearly readable (other conversation/jokes/etc also encouraged, just keep it separated so it is easy to see)
2. I will reply to you and confirm the request publicly as I get around to it, but if you were first you will have first dibs (sans some disqualifying reason).
3. After it has been confirmed, PM me here with ITEM, QUANTITY, and a LINK to your confirmation post by me.
4. We will get you package dimensions and weight, you will give us label and it will go out.
Things I will flat out ignore (and likely never accept a claim from you):
1. Not following procedure above/blatantly ignoring posted procedure and wasting my time.
2. Begging, hassling me/any members of Crunchbits via tickets, PMs, other means.
Overall, intent is to have some fun and share some decent gear.
This thread will be constantly updated with new stuff, so check the newest posts for updated parts availability lists
EASTER EGG HUNT
There is something somewhere in this post that I found to be silly, maybe slightly ridiculous and it makes me laugh. You're probably overthinking it. But it is there.
If you find it, and you are the first (or work with friends and you decide to split prizes somehow) here is what you can claim 1 of:
- RTX 3090 (probably used)
- NIB 65" 4K TV
- 3x 1U servers of better quality than what was listed here and more .. stuff inside them