ChatGPT and other AI tool "Hacks"

vyasvyas OG
edited March 2023 in General

How has chatGPT or AI in general surprised you/ made your life easier?

Thought of starting this discussion for creating some use cases/ helpful "hacks".

The other day, I saw a post in a FB group about using google sheets to list all files and subfolders in a given folder. I asked the same Q to chatGPT4. The response was:

find . -type f -printf "%P\n" | awk 'BEGIN { FS = "/" } { printf "\"%s\"", $0; for (i = 1; i <= NF; i++) printf ",\"%s\"", $i; printf "\n" }' > file_list.csv

It works flawlessly, output is a nicely formatted csv file that lists all subfolders and files in a nicely formatted manner. Personally I have tested it upto 27,000 35,000 entries.

Edit: Updated title to include Bard and other AI tools as they evolve.

Squats are the new Push-ups

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Comments

• I spent $20 on it, last month alone i made more than $2k
    doing all of these, including but not limited to:

• rigging libraries in julia, python, go (mostly for automaton like discord bots .etc)
    • plotting in matlab
    • write nonsense for me to stuff in blog
    • create better prompt to be passed on another ai / like image-generator
    • language translation

first time i find it impressive when I explained a laravel problem on it including few code snippets, and it indeed spotted the wrong part. then i realized i can make entire software provided i can accurately split the prompt.

those yee yee ass neiga in fiverr .etc has yet to be replaced with AI soon (Two More Weeks™). You as the hooman proompter still need the bare minimum to be able to rubber duck debugging if you want to make anything complex.
    thanks to that i finally have reason to buy nvdia cards for their CUDA, since i found llama is interesting to try and there's even tool to make you run it using single gpu

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• HostSlickHostSlick Hosting Provider

Yea you can ask him to configure your Whole Cisco Router or even Juniper Switches.

ChatGPT will even ask you for terminal access to do it.

Or it will write you whole BGP configs.
    Already tested.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @HostSlick said:
    Yea you can ask him to configure your Whole Cisco Router or even Juniper Switches.

ChatGPT will even ask you for terminal access to do it.

Or it will write you whole BGP configs.
    Already tested.

Sarcasm spotted!
    ChatGPT can't connect. For now.

• edited March 2023

ChatGPT helps you to find a good recipe. This is dinner recipe. (Haven't tryed it)

Sure, here's a recipe for a delicious and easy-to-make dinner that I think you'll enjoy:

Honey Garlic Salmon

Ingredients:

4 salmon fillets
    2 tablespoons of olive oil
    4 cloves of garlic, minced
    1/4 cup of honey
    1/4 cup of soy sauce
    2 tablespoons of lemon juice
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a small bowl, whisk together the minced garlic, honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.

Place the salmon fillets on the baking sheet and brush each fillet with the honey garlic mixture, making sure to cover the entire surface of the salmon.

Bake the salmon in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.

Serve the salmon fillets with your favorite sides, such as roasted vegetables or rice.

Enjoy your delicious honey garlic salmon dinner!

It's very handy tool, I think.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Filen.io - use this link to signup and we both get extra 10GB free.
    https://filen.io/r/4d472d5cdb57f6663621a251065e0b51

• I asked it to provide me a list of 100 public libraries that charge less than $10/yr for a nonresident card. It did, with 1% accuracy. 99% were made up numbers.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @Logano said:
    I asked it to provide me a list of 100 public libraries that charge less than $10/yr for a nonresident card. It did, with 1% accuracy. 99% were made up numbers.

Were you able to find any?

Team push-ups!

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@MGarbis Personally I would add a little ginger to that sweet and sour salmon recipe.

Thanked by (1)MGarbis

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited March 2023

For what it's worth, during one of my internships as a future teacher at grammar school, I also had fellow teachers who brought up ChatGPT and also in one class I was sitting in, a student submitted their homework to the teacher only to be returned the piece of papers seconds later as the teacher had noticed it was made with ChatGPT. Some students were also failed due to using ChatGPT for graded tasks, I've heard. So yeah, will continue to be an interesting topic. On the other hand, I heard of teachers using ChatGPT to prepare tasks (e.g. generate text about topic and "fill in the blanks"exercise..). Exciting times ahead

Thanked by (1)FrankZ