ZAP-Hosting Lifetime Servers - Discussion, Updates

12346»

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@bikegremlin said:
    A 59 minute 59 seconds 50% discount "jumped on me" (pop-up).
    With a countdown.

LOL

Not today, I say...
    :)

Those don't work for lifetime deals anyway :)

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • @bikegremlin said:
    A 59 minute 59 seconds 50% discount "jumped on me" (pop-up).
    With a countdown.

LOL

Not today, I say...
    :)

That discount doesn't apply to lifetime products, though. :disappointed:

Thanked by (2)Ympker bikegremlin
  • @Ympker said: kvm/rootserver?

I am using their lifetime rootserver.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Just received an email from ZAP Hosting reminding me to login and open the dashboard of one of my lifetime servers before December 30th in order to avoid suspension. They even put a direct link to the dashboard of the specific product. Quite nice tbh. This way they remind you to login and avoid suspension. Even after suspension you'd have 30 days to contact them to re-activate it though.

Hello Ympker,

We have discovered that you have not accessed your lifetime product Lifetime Linux vServer - #00000 via our web interface since October 19, 2023.

In order to avoid consequences for your product, you must log into your ZAP account within the next 30 days (i.e. by December 18th, 2023) and access the administrative overview of the package, otherwise the service you have booked will be blocked!
    If the service is blocked, we will contact you again by email. Please note that the next step after blocking is to delete your product!

If you have any questions, you can contact our support at any time.

Best regards,

your ZAP hosting team

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin FrankZ

ZAP Hosting Flash Deal on Lifetime VPS is back but "only" 25%off (yesterday it was 35% iirc).

Save 25% on Lifetime VPSs
    Code: xX8QFGfY
    More Black Friday deals: Click

Ends in:
    3o Minute(s)

https://zap-hosting.com/en/shop/product/lifetime-linux-vserver/

Thanked by (3)bikegremlin mee2 ehab
  • edited November 2023

@Ympker do you have experience upgrade the lxc box using do-release-upgrade??

ZAP Hosting just announced via email the next lifetime vps and lifetime rootserver discounts to be at:

Lifetime vServer:
    25.11.2023: 20:00 - 21:00 MEZ
    26.11.2023: 11:00 - 12:00 MEZ
    26.11.2023: 20:00 - 21:00 Uhr MEZ

Lifetime Rootserver:
    25.11.2023: 16:00 - 17:00 MEZ
    26.11.2023: 04:00 - 05:00 MEZ
    26.11.2023: 16:00 - 17:00 MEZ
    27.11.2023: 04:00 - 05:00 MEZ

I would assume the ones early in the morning (4am/5am) will incurr a bigger discount since barely anyone will see them. Yesterday at 2am lifetime dedi was 25% off. Might happen again during such time..

@skizio said:
    @Ympker do you have experience upgrade the lxc box using do-release-upgrade??

not with the lxc box, but upgraded by Debian KVM with them from Debian 10 to 11 with this :)

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • @Ympker said:
    not with the lxc box, but upgraded by Debian KVM with them from Debian 10 to 11 with this :)

So you still using 20.04?
    I try to update using using do-release-upgrade, but then can't boot :/

@skizio said:

@Ympker said:

Yes, on the lxc I am happy with 20 LTS :)

• @Ympker said:
    Yes, on the lxc I am happy with 20 LTS :)

Well, maybe i will just stay with 20

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • edited November 2023

@skizio said:

@Ympker said:

I've wasted a whole month with their support to be able to upgrade the Debian 11.0 to the latest version.
    They don't support using OSs that are outside of what they provide in the install form, and they have some sort of system that checks whether the base-files package is updated or not (which updates /etc/debian_version and other files)

• @zgato said:
    I've wasted a whole month with their support to be able to upgrade the Debian 11.0 to the latest version.
    They don't support using OSs that are outside of what they provide in the install form, and they have some sort of system that checks whether the base-files package is updated or not (which updates /etc/debian_version and other files)

Then I will not waste my time to upgrade, just use 20 lts LOL

@skizio said:

@zgato said:

Then I will not waste my time to upgrade, just use 20 lts LOL

Yeah, 20.04 LTS should still be fine :) with rootserver and vnc you can netboot.xyz any os you want :)

• @Ympker said: I would assume the ones early in the morning (4am/5am) will incurr a bigger discount since barely anyone will see them

I think all of the percentages are displayed here https://zap-hosting.com/en/blog/2023/11/flash-voucher-codes-timetable-2023/

Thanked by (1)Ympker