Hetzner Finland vs Germany

SagnikSSagnikS Hosting ProviderOG

Heyo!

I'm curious how Hetzner's FInland location performs now, compared to Germany (FSN primarily). From my own tests, the latency seems to be about 10-15ms higher on avg, from USA, and Asia. and some are still routed through Frankfurt to Finland.

(I'm posting this because I'm tired of waiting for my AX41-NVMe in FSN, and I've been informed by support that I can get it much sooner in Finland .-. )

Comments

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

Reckon Germany will be hard to beat latency wise...basically "central" Europe with ideal links in all directions

Thanked by (1)SagnikS
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Hosting ProviderOG

Hi @SagnikS Yes, I think you're right that the wait time is shorter in Finland. If you'd like to switch your order's location, you should write a support ticket. I believe the monthly cost will also be less if you switch your order, too. This is because of Finland's lower electricity prices, which we pass onto the customer. So that's one pretty solid pro in addition to having the server deployed earlier.
    Our networking team is still working on expanding and improving the network to Helsinki, which is the youngest of our DC parks. In addition, what @havoc wrote is generally true. That is one of the reasons the Finnish government also invested in the C-Lion (aka SeaLion) cable. --Katie

Thanked by (1)SagnikS

We're Katie and Lea and we'll do our best to answer questions you have about Hetzner Online. We and not our employer are responsible for any horrible puns and dated cultural references.