Cheapest US VPS for proxy/VPN to replace Inception

Inception seems to be winding down its US [ninja edit: US-based NAT VPS] operations and I'm looking for two US servers to act as proxies and VPN gateways (wireguard). NAT is fine, obviously. I won't torrent either. LowEndSpirit used to host links to several providers hosting these cheapo VPS.

Where can I find them now? It can be a bundle of servers from various places and I can pay upfront for a year or two.

Tagged:

Comments

• Where did you get that news from? Inception Hosting only discontinued their storage plans in the Phoenix location (IOFLOOD), which isn't relevant to their NVMe KVM VPS at phoenixNAP.

• @nick_ said:
    Where did you get that news from? Inception Hosting only discontinued their storage plans in the Phoenix location (IOFLOOD), which isn't relevant to their NVMe KVM VPS at phoenixNAP.

That's true but they EOL'ed their NAT service there as well. That's what he's referring to I believe.

Thanked by (1)ataribasementcluster
  • VirmAche if customer support is not required

smartass shitposting satirist

• @ataribasementcluster said:
    Inception seems to be winding down its US operations and I'm looking for two US servers to act as proxies and VPN gateways (wireguard). NAT is fine, obviously. I won't torrent either. LowEndSpirit used to host links to several providers hosting these cheapo VPS.

Where can I find them now? It can be a bundle of servers from various places and I can pay upfront for a year or two.

@Abdullah has NATs in his Webhorizon brand. @natvps_uk does as well though I've not used them. If you're looking for personal opinion I've always had the best luck with the King of NAT himself @mikho and his MrVM instances.

Thanked by (1)Abdullah
  • @skorous said:

@nick_ said:
    Where did you get that news from? Inception Hosting only discontinued their storage plans in the Phoenix location (IOFLOOD), which isn't relevant to their NVMe KVM VPS at phoenixNAP.

That's true but they EOL'ed their NAT service there as well. That's what he's referring to I believe.

Yeah, the first sentence is misleading. It sounds like Inception Hosting will shut down their US locations, including the phoenixNAP one.

• edited July 2023

Not everything in stock, but still several $15/y (or even cheaper if you pay 3 years upfront) US locations https://greencloudvps.com/billing/store/budget-kvm-sale (perfect price/resources/quality ratio) or if you don't mind OpenVZ, three US locations https://www.ethernetservers.com/clients/link.php?id=40 for similar money but with two IPv4 addresses (may be useful sometimes for proxy/VPN).

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

If your looking for something in the same area, Webhorizon's Los Angeles nat VPS is good for a small proxy server if you don't need too much bandwidth [500GB].

Thanked by (1)Abdullah

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Inception didn't add Ubuntu22 (the most popular linux distro) to the list of images..

So I can agree - it looks like they are winding down their operations ((

• @dusst said:
    Inception didn't add Ubuntu22 (the most popular linux distro) to the list of images..

So I can agree - it looks like they are winding down their operations ((

Yes, that's obviously the most logical explanation. ( sigh )

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • BuyVM is good if stock is available.

The all seeing eye sees everything...