May need to do some quick moves

Hey guys,

I may be in the market for KVM with 4G of ram, 100GB space and at least 2TB in the Seattle region. Would like to keep costs low as this runs my free shared hosting tier.

Current provider seems to have stopped taking paypal. I have a ticket in and will not name and shame until they get back to me on it.

If things do not work out I will need this in the next week so I can move clients before I cancel the other one.

Let me know what you have and at what price points.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

Thanked by (1)Janevski
Tagged:

Comments

• @AuroraZero said:
    May need to do some quick moves

Please just be careful this kind of stuff can lead to pulled muscles etc

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @crunchbits 4TB Storage VPS

• 4GB RAM
    • 2 vCPU
    • 4TB HDD Storage
    • 12TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    • 40 squats / month
    Thanked by (1)Ganonk

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said:
    @crunchbits 4TB Storage VPS

• 4GB RAM
    • 2 vCPU
    • 4TB HDD Storage
    • 12TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    • 40 squats / month

That is alot of squats for an old assed Yeti.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• edited August 2023

@AuroraZero said: an old assed Yeti.

O'by the name of holy ass, Yeti is back!

smartass shitposting satirist

• @Flying_Chinaman said:

@AuroraZero said: an old assed Yeti.

O'by the name of holy ass, Yeti is back!

I left? When? Where did I go? Did I have a good time? How many chicks did I pick up? Did I start drinking again? Is that why I don't remember?

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• alentoalento Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider

@AuroraZero said: Current provider seems to have stopped taking paypal. I have a ticket in and will not name and shame until they get back to me on it.

Just curious ... why is the lack of PayPal a deal breaker for you?

Recommended providers: BuyVM - MXroute - LunaNode - Forpsi - IntoVPS
    Contact me for all of your Mail-in-a-Box email hosting needs at AnyDomain. I am also a proud reseller of MXroute email.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

its better to name and shame!

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• AuroraZeroAuroraZero Retired
    edited August 2023

@alento said:

@AuroraZero said: Current provider seems to have stopped taking paypal. I have a ticket in and will not name and shame until they get back to me on it.

I don't trade bitcoin or crypto and I don't trust people with my banking info.

Transferring funds from a bank account costs roughly 35 times the cost of the service so that is a no from me.

@cybertech said:
    its better to name and shame!

Giving them the benefit of a doubt that something is messed up as I have been there for a year.

Thanked by (1)cold

• edited August 2023

Hey wanna take my crunchbits 7gb VDS?

7GB DDR4 RAM
    1 Xeon 6150 Core
    2 Xeon 6150 Threads
    400GB RAID-10 SSD Storage
    20TB Bandwidth @ 2.5Gbps
    1 IPv4 Address
    1 /64 IPv6
    1 Included Backup Slot

It's idling now and you seem to have a more dire need for it.
    $7 a month recurring and the first month is already paid for.

Provided @crunchbits is okay with it and will honor the price when the VDS is restocked.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ bdl

The all seeing eye sees everything...

edited August 2023

@HostShark Kansas is a far cry from Seattle, WA my friend.

• @AuroraZero said: HostSlick Kansas is a far cry from Seattle, WA my friend.

HostShark... whoever the fuck this is, not the poor HostSlick that has done nothing to you (-:

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

edited August 2023

@Jab said:

@AuroraZero said: HostSlick Kansas is a far cry from Seattle, WA my friend.

HostShark... whoever the fuck this is, not the poor HostSlick that has done nothing to you (-:

@HostSlick I apologize for my error @Jab is correct you have done nothing. It is not his fault I have fat fingers amd can't type for shit on mobile half the time.

@Hostshark has done nothing wrong either. Just pointiing out Kansas is half way across the U.S. from Seattle.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

HostShark's offer comment has left the building.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG
    edited August 2023

@AuroraZero If you'd consider something in Los Angeles I have a new deal there.

https://extravm.com/billing/store/specials-high-ram-vps-kvm
    $12.00 USD
    Monthly
    8GB DDR4 RAM
    2 Cores (Ryzen 9)
    100GB NVMe SSD
    10Gbps ↓ 1Gbps ↑
    1 IPv4, /64 IPv6
    DDoS Protection
    (This plan is manual setup unlike my others)

If price is much higher than your current let me know and I will tell you if I can match it with lower RAM.

Thanked by (2)skorous Ganonk

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• @MikeA said:
    @AuroraZero If you'd consider something in Los Angeles I have a new deal there.

https://extravm.com/billing/store/specials-high-ram-vps-kvm
    $12.00 USD
    Monthly
    8GB DDR4 RAM
    2 Cores (Ryzen 9)
    100GB NVMe SSD
    10Gbps ↓ 1Gbps ↑
    1 IPv4, /64 IPv6
    DDoS Protection
    (This plan is manual setup unlike my others)

If price is much higher than your current let me know and I will tell you if I can match it with lower RAM.

Doubtful you could match the price my man. It was less then 2 bucks a month, but I will consoder your offer as your rep goes with along with it.

I know I will not get as a good a deal, but I also know that I don't want to have to keep moving and neither do my users.

Thanked by (2)MikeA skorous

• Woo... would @crunchbits cut you a custom deal with the $11.69 VPS but with some extra storage?

• @AuroraZero said: I know I will not get as a good a deal

This depends largely on how you define "deal" . You likely wouldn't be in this position. ;-)

edited August 2023

@skorous said:

@AuroraZero said: I know I will not get as a good a deal

This depends largely on how you define "deal" . You likely wouldn't be in this position. ;-)

You are correct of course.

Guess it does not help I trusted the community for feedback. It is a mistake that will not happen again, I can assure you.

@terrorgen No idea man I have not spoken with him yet. In the middle of finals and have not had a bunch of time online to myself lately. Have been posting and answering from mobile this entire time.

Edit: fucking fat fingering phone buttons again.

• @AuroraZero said:

@skorous said:

@AuroraZero said: I know I will not get as a good a deal

You are correct of course.

Guess it does not help I trusted the community for feedback. It is a mistake that will not happen again, I can assure you.

@terrorgen No idea man I have not spoken with him yet. In the middle of finals and have not had a bunch of time online to myself lately. Have been posting and answering from mobile this entire time.

Edit: fucking fat fingering phone buttons again.

@crunchbits, would you help out a great member who has been providing free, no-ads-injected hosting for the community?

• crunchbitscrunchbits Hosting Provider

@terrorgen said:
    @AuroraZero said:

Sure, can see if any of our stuff is a good fit. What @MikeA offered is definitely better and quite a good deal, but if your stuff works fine on some older Xeons (Broadwell V4 or 1st gen scalable) I'm sure we could figure something out.

Also: we're near Seattle, but not in it just in case that is a no-go. About 9-10ms away.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ sh97
  • edited August 2023

@AuroraZero do it! Do it! The boss has spoken.

• With no response from the host for over 24 hrs I have decided to go with @MikeA 's offer.

The move will happen this weekend most likely Saturday night and with minimal downtime. :)

Thanked by (2)skorous Ympker

• ahh that sucks. @crunchbits is probably going through mountains of tickets as the deal is a manual process.

• crunchbitscrunchbits Hosting Provider

@terrorgen said:
    ahh that sucks. @crunchbits is probably going through mountains of tickets as the deal is a manual process.

I don’t think he meant us.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @crunchbits said:

@terrorgen said:
    ahh that sucks. @crunchbits is probably going through mountains of tickets as the deal is a manual process.

I don’t think he meant us.

Oops! Sorry!

• @alento said:

because we love paypal! paypal is life !!!

• Know what really sucks? It seems Virtualizor has disconnected from my vps lol. Guess I will do the move the hard way!!!!!

Still going to keep downtime to a minumum! :+1:

Thanked by (2)Ympker Not_Oles

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@AuroraZero said:
    Know what really sucks? It seems Virtualizor has disconnected from my vps lol. Guess I will do the move the hard way!!!!!

It's a free service, mate. Don't stress yourself out too much <3

Thanked by (3)MikeA terrorgen Not_Oles
  • @Ympker said:

@AuroraZero said:
    Know what really sucks? It seems Virtualizor has disconnected from my vps lol. Guess I will do the move the hard way!!!!!

Free or not I treat each client the same, I feel they deserve the best I am able to give them.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@AuroraZero said:

@Ympker said:

@AuroraZero said:

Free or not I treat each client the same, I feel they deserve the best I am able to give them.

That's very honorable, however make sure to not burn yourself out in the process :)

Thanked by (2)terrorgen Not_Oles