Spaceberg.cc Time To Take Backups For France-Based VPS Plans

FrankZFrankZ Moderator
edited August 2023 in Industry News

Note from FrankZ:
I have had almost daily contact with this provider, and have no reason to believe he is doing anything other that trying to work through this situation as quickly as he can. I will continue to post information here as I receive it. Scroll down for the latest update.

From https://status.spaceberg.cc/incident?id=0bb585a0-aac1-4bfd-922a-5f10d52a34e1

Message Published at 2023-08-14 17:19 UTC

We are writing to inform you of recent developments concerning your VPS services hosted within the OVH network. This communication is of particular significance to those utilizing VPS plans, specifically Hybrid, HDD, and Unmetered configurations.

Our company has received a formal response from our designated Account Manager at OVH, the renowned hosting and cloud services provider. As part of our service offerings, we have been providing France-based VPS plans utilizing the Hybrid, HDD, and Unmetered infrastructure from OVH. For your convenience, the response we received from OVH can be accessed through the following link: https://imgur.com/a/LvmL45a

In light of this development, we strongly recommend that you initiate the process of backing up any critical data that resides within your OVH-hosted VPS with us. It is important to take this precautionary measure as a safeguard against potential disruptions in service provision, given that OVH has yet to confirm the continued availability of their servers. Regrettably, OVH has chosen not to provide any proactive information or clarification regarding the circumstances surrounding the impending service unavailability. Despite our continued investment in additional customer support resources, we have not been able to obtain advance information or assistance from OVH. This situation is particularly disappointing, as we have maintained a professional relationship with OVH and adhered to our contractual obligations. Consequently, we are faced with the unfortunate reality that we are unable to sustain the delivery of services within the OVH network.

This will directly impact VPS plans utilizing Hybrid, HDD, and Unmetered setups, which will no longer be available. It is our intention to explore alternative options, including the consideration of procuring hardware for deployment within alternative data centers. This strategic measure is being taken to prevent a recurrence of similar issues in the future. We wish to emphasize our commitment to transparency and respectful customer interactions. We express our gratitude for your patronage and understanding throughout this challenging period.

Moving forward, we have devised two options for those customers currently subscribed to active services, specifically those utilizing VPS configurations within the OVH network (HDD, Hybrid, Unmetered). These options are as follows:

1. Transition to Dedicated Server: We offer the opportunity to migrate to a dedicated server solution at a significantly discounted rate. As an added benefit, we will double the amount you have previously paid and convert it into service credits. These credits can be applied to your future invoices. To sweeten the deal, the first month of dedicated server usage will be provided at no cost to you.

2. Full Refund: If the above option does not align with your preferences, you may choose to receive a full refund to your original payment method on a pro-rata basis. To initiate your preferred choice, kindly create a support ticket within the BILLING/SALES DEPARTMENT ONLY section of our website. Our dedicated team member will guide you through the process. Please note that, due to the limited personnel in our billing and sales department, response times may vary.

Rest assured, we are committed to addressing your inquiries in a timely manner. Our commitment to the quality and reliability of our dedicated server offerings remains unwavering. We have been successfully delivering dedicated server solutions for the past nine months without any reported issues from our end or that of our providers.

We deeply regret the circumstances that have led to this situation and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. Despite our best efforts, we find ourselves in a position where we cannot rectify this situation differently. This unfortunate incident has provided us with insights into OVH's operational performance that were unexpected and disheartening. We are profoundly moved by the trust you have placed in us as your service provider and share your frustration. As we navigate this challenge, we extend our appreciation for your understanding and patience. Our commitment to serving you with excellence remains steadfast.

(Edited for enhanced readability from the original message.)

Update #1 from the provider Aug 18th, 2023

1) We are answering and collecting all the tickets
2) First, we serve the guys who chose to use dedicated server (aka transfer)
3) While we respond to everyone, the guys who chosen to have a refund getting fast response that it's in a "queue" and will be proceeded within next 30 days (as mentioned in a email). We're adding "extra" time in that so we could server everyone and collect who decided to have a refund
4) In parallel, we will proceed slowly with a refund, but mostly all refunds will be issued after we will "deliver" dedicated servers to guys which have chosen 1st option.

Also note, that if somebody will break our ToS, aka will just ignore our message or just open a paypal claim (chargeback), his slot will get insta terminated, account blocked and no refund will be made as mentioned on our ToS. Unless, 30 days will pass.

Update #2 from the provider Aug 19th, 2023

The refunding process was initiated on August 18th for those clients who have requested a refund. Many people have requested a full refund. Please be advised that your refund will be pro-rated. We are in the process of refunding the clients that have requested this resolution. We are working as fast as we can. Please be patient a little while longer and do not instigate a PayPal claim/dispute/chargeback as these PayPal claims need to be answered by us first resulting in further delays for everyone.

Once again we ask that you please follow the instructions we sent to you by email.

Instigating a PayPal claim/dispute/chargeback will get your account terminated without refund as shown in the provider's TOS.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

Comments

• So I take back my glowing comments. Apparently when I reached out asking for these dedi offers - they are as follows:

E3-1220
    8 GB RAM
    2 x 1 TB HDD
    1 Gbit/s. Unmetered. France.
    15 EUR/m

L3426
    16 GB RAM
    2 x 2 TB HDD
    1 Gbit/s. Unmetered. France.
    18 EUR/m

i7-6700
    32 GB RAM
    2 x 4 TB HDD
    1 Gbit/s. Unmetered. Germany.
    30 EUR/m

E3-1271 v3
    32 GB (ECC)
    4 x 10 TB HDD
    1 Gbit/s. Unmetered.
    Germany
    53 EUR/m

E3-1275 v5
    64 GB (ECC)
    4 x 16 TB HDD
    1 Gbit/s. Unmetered.
    Germany
    80 EUR/m

Ryzen 5 3600
    64 GB (ECC)
    4 x 16 TB HDD
    1 Gbit/s. Unmetered.
    Germany
    85 EUR/m

They are reselling hetzner auction servers with a markup. They deny that they are hetzner but the ping says otherwise. When I told them I'd rather go with hetzner directly - they said our prices are 'unbeatable'. What a sham.

Team push-ups!

• Let me grab it so tight, yet it still slipped away.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said:
    Let me grab it so tight, yet it still slipped away.

Slippery slippppp.

I am starting to think this was their plan all along lol

Thanked by (1)mikewazar

Team push-ups!

• @Astro said:

@yoursunny said:
    Let me grab it so tight, yet it still slipped away.

Slippery slippppp.

I am starting to think this was their plan all along lol

Yeah this whole thing is super sus

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Astro said: I am starting to think this was their plan all along lol

I don't think that providers that have this as a plan offer prorated refunds. Just saying.

Thanked by (2)Zeniic hana

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

why does reselling OVH dedis in seedboxes require a CTO?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• About time that this scammer bites the dust - again. There is a guy in their discord who paid $360 for 6 months for a 280TB storage vps. Sustainable? No. Probably have several thousands in debt to ovh at this point. Pump and dump - Then run.

• @fluxr said:
    About time that this scammer bites the dust - again. There is a guy in their discord who paid $360 for 6 months for a 280TB storage vps. Sustainable? No. Probably have several thousands in debt to ovh at this point. Pump and dump - Then run.

:smiley:

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

@fluxr said:
    About time that this scammer bites the dust - again. There is a guy in their discord who paid $360 for 6 months for a 280TB storage vps. Sustainable? No. Probably have several thousands in debt to ovh at this point. Pump and dump - Then run.

what the fuck

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@fluxr said:

I'm not sure why it seems less than credible to me when comments like this are made without showing any proof to back up the statement. Just saying.

Thanked by (2)ehab skorous

• It is a shame they are ending the life of the products, after the moving around at the start, it was a stable service for my needs.

I have requested a refund as moving to a dedicated service listed above is not within my needs.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Yo drama time, why OVH won' do biz with them?

smartass shitposting satirist

• shame i had dozen, was noce offer, why OVH pulled the plug, I guess promoting torrents or they had some very cheap deal with them.... shame also on OVH

• @reb0rn said:
    shame i had dozen, was noce offer, why OVH pulled the plug, I guess promoting torrents or they had some very cheap deal with them.... shame also on OVH

Yeah, how dare OVH try and follow the law.

• edited August 2023

@FrankZ said: Transition to Dedicated Server: We offer the opportunity to migrate to a dedicated server solution at a significantly discounted rate. As an added benefit, we will double the amount you have previously paid and convert it into service credits.

warning:spaceberg still provide ovh dedi as dedi transition,it seems maybe it is a lie or they are using alts to reselling ovh dedi

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

What a bunch of corporate doublespeak in that OVH letter...
    https://imgur.com/a/LvmL45a

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @skorous said:

@reb0rn said:
    shame i had dozen, was noce offer, why OVH pulled the plug, I guess promoting torrents or they had some very cheap deal with them.... shame also on OVH

Law which law. is that law same for all?
    btw I have not used VPS for seedbox i just need servers

• @reb0rn said:

@skorous said:

@reb0rn said:

Law which law. is that law same for all?
    btw I have not used VPS for seedbox i just need servers

They're in France so I dunno ... maybe French Copyright Law? Don't be daft. Also, what you have used your box for is completely immaterial since they're not cutting you off they're refusing to do business with Spaceberg.

• Spaceberg
    I always wanted you to go
    Into Spaceberg
    Intergalactic crime

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • @Astro said:
    They are reselling hetzner auction servers with a markup. They deny that they are hetzner but the ping says otherwise. When I told them I'd rather go with hetzner directly - they said our prices are 'unbeatable'. What a sham.

Does Hetzner even allow seedboxes and copyrighted contents?

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

@ZuckZwing said:

@Astro said:

Does Hetzner even allow seedboxes and copyrighted contents?

Absolutely no.

Thanked by (2)mikewazar skorous

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

People that use EU servers, outside of Romania, to allow public access to content that violates DMCA are not thinking right. I can understand private collections, but public not so much.

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero Calin

• @FrankZ said:
    People that use EU servers, outside of Romania, to allow public access to content that violates DMCA are not thinking right. I can understand private collections, but public not so much.

Ok now I will say this, I smelled the rat awhile ago. What they were doing in public was beyond the capabilities of cognizant thought. Unless they operated in a nation that ignored laws this was never going to work out.

Nevermind the drama outside of this endeavor. The plan was flawed badly from its inception.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @FrankZ said:

What about Netherlands?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@yoursunny said: What about Netherlands?

Someone might also be able to go with Terrahost in Norway as well, but my opinion remains the same.

• @yoursunny said:

@FrankZ said:

What about Netherlands?

In my experience it depends on the company, which is likely also dependent upon the upstream carriers. Certain larger companies either don't follow through or forward notifications to you, while others obey it to the T. All just depends who you're with. Legally speaking, Netherlands does comply, though they use a different law than DMCA that is more difficult to follow through with. So if a company is determined to take content down and has sufficient proof that their copyright has been violated... they will pursue it.

Disclaimer, not a lawyer, this is not legal advice, I may have some information wrong as I am just a layman, etc. etc.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

• @taizi said:
    warning:spaceberg still provide ovh dedi as dedi transition,it seems maybe it is a lie or they are using alts to reselling ovh dedi

Admin may wanna grab their provider tag so tight, so that they cannot post new offers here.

• @bikegremlin said:
    What a bunch of corporate doublespeak in that OVH letter...
    https://imgur.com/a/LvmL45a

Well, to be honest that can be expected with a company like OVH (French) with an account manager that seems to have some roots in another country and that are using communication in English (not their native language).
    But then still, one of the best teachers I've ever had always mentioned one thing about writing letters. Never ever start a formal letter or (unless really impossible) a paragraph with "I". This letter: ayeayeaye...

• @yoursunny said:

@FrankZ said:

What about Netherlands?

My personal opion (but to be honest I'm not "into" seedboxes at all) is that there are a few companies in the Netherlands that you could try it with, but in the end almost all will give in when enough complaints surface and/or you get on the radar of BREIN. Both could take a while though, but you could also be unlucky and things will happen quickly.