Business Casual theme version 7.0.8 background image no longer displays on my Chromebook

Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

The Business Casual theme from startbootstrap.com has a wonderful background image of beautiful coffee beans!

For a while Business Casual has been installed at https://bcas.metalvps.com. The savory coffee beans image used to display on my older Chromebook, but, sadly, the image seems to have stopped displaying at or before Chrome Version 115.0.5790.160 (Official Build) on a newer Duet 5 Chromebook. :(

Chrome Devtools on the Duet 5 Chromebook shows both that the image downloaded successfully and that the image is not rendered.

The yummy coffee beans still display on Firefox Nightly version 115.0a1 and on Safari version 13.1.2 on a mid-2011 MacBook Air running Mac OS version 10.13.6 High Sierra. The lovely coffee beans also still display just fine on mobile, ZTE ZMax Pro z981, both Firefox Nightly 118.0a1, and on the same phone's old version of Chrome,106.0.5249.126 (which apparently no longer will update).

The bcas.metalvps.com server is using Business Casual version 7.0.8 and Bootstrap version 5.1.3. The current versions seem to be 7.0.9 and 5.1.3. Perhaps updating might fix the issue, but I want to understand why the issue is happening in the existing setup.

Could somebody here please help me figure out how and why the alluring coffee beans background image no longer is displayed by my Duet 5 Chromebook's Chrome browser?

Thanks! :)

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

Tagged:

Comments

• TheDPTheDP OG
    edited August 2023

No idea.

Can you open/view the image directly from your Duet 5 Chromebook's Chrome browser?

https://bcas.metalvps.com/assets/img/bg.jpg

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

Yes from clicking your link.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

Haha, okay, I just found out what happened. No issue with Bootstrap or with the Business Casual theme or with Chrome.

I have really terrible eyesight! Myopia, astigmatism, cataracts. All big problems.

I make heavy use of Chrome's High Contrast extension. I like the "Inverted Color" setting. As you can see from the above screenshot of the Chrome dev tools, which was taken while Inverted Color was set, the beautiful coffee beans almost disappear when "Inverted Color" is set. When I reset to normal color, the coffee beans are reborn!

False alarm! It was just me! Sorry for the noise! :)