Comments

• c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider

@Amadex said:
    Anyone tried this? https://www.icewarp.com/

Sounds a really good project, let me try it for a while

C1V hosting: Italy's Leading Data Center | Unbeatable VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Colocation | Cutting-Edge Facilities in Pomezia | Where Your Success Takes Center Stage.
    🚀 VPN for €5/year 🚀 | Follow us on Telegram

• Tried to check out pricing for the self-hosted version but it was just "contact us to get a quote".
    I always refuse to do business with a company that can not clearly state how much their product costs.

Thanked by (3)bikegremlin skorous Chievo
  • @rcy026 said:
    Tried to check out pricing for the self-hosted version but it was just "contact us to get a quote".
    I always refuse to do business with a company that can not clearly state how much their product costs.

Yeah, if I come across one of those I just close the window. Can't be bothered. At least put down, "Standard pricing is [x] though we have discounts for volume, non profit, educational, ..."

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin rcy026
  • @rcy026 said:
    Tried to check out pricing for the self-hosted version but it was just "contact us to get a quote".

For me this usually sounds like "we don't want to do self-hosted business with individuals", that they offer it for corporate customers only and try to talk personal customers into their cloud subscribtion.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Hosting ProviderOG

I once had the opportunity to test it, and it had quite a few intriguing features, but nothing that an open-source Zimbra couldn't accomplish.

George Datacenter LLC
    www.georgedatacenter.com
    Owner Hardware|Slack

• @webcraft said:

@rcy026 said:

For me this usually sounds like "we don't want to do self-hosted business with individuals", that they offer it for corporate customers only and try to talk personal customers into their cloud subscribtion.

Well, as a consultant I often represent corporate customers, and my point remains unchanged even if I represent a corporation.
    A company that can not give a precise and clear pricing on their product is probably trying to squeeze as much as possible out of the customer depending on who the customer is, and I am not interested in doing business with such a company.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin skorous
  • rskrsk Hosting Provider

Got excited for a bit, till I tried to find the on premise pricing … hate it when pricing is not listed publicly.

Thanked by (1)rcy026