Important Clarification: Cancellation Process at C1V hosting

c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider

Hello everyone,

I'd like to clarify some important points regarding our services and cancellation process. My earlier response was influenced by referring to the general conditions, but after consulting with my lawyer, I realized the need to focus on the SERVICE ORDER FORM.

Here are the correct points:

• Our services are issued with a 12-month contract.
  • There is a tacit renewal if no cancellation request is sent.
  • You can initiate the cancellation process by sending a request 30 days in advance. You have multiple options for communication:

Registered letter with return receipt to the address: C1V of Cinzia Tocci, Rome, Via Andrea Millevoi n. 681.
PEC (Posta Elettronica Certificata) to: [email protected].
Ordinary email to: [email protected].
Please note that it is not required to attach an ID to request cancellation.

I hope this clears up any confusion, and I apologize for any earlier misunderstandings. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out in DM. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
Luca Marini
Chief Commercial Officer at C1V Hosting

C1V hosting: Italy's Leading Data Center | Unbeatable VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Colocation | Cutting-Edge Facilities in Pomezia | Where Your Success Takes Center Stage.
πŸš€ VPN for €5/year πŸš€ | Follow us on Telegram

Comments

• MasonMason AdministratorOG
    edited September 2023

Hosting Provider tag restored. For transparency:

It was initially revoked due a miscommunication (in this thread) where LES staff was led to believe that in order to cancel services, someone would have to send in a cancellation request (via mail/email) with their ID scan at least 60 days before renewal. We deemed this as anti-consumer and very out of ordinary from expected "LowEnd" norms.

The provider consulted with internal coworkers and clarified that the actual process to cancel services is a cancellation request (via mail/email) with no ID requirement at least 30 days before renewal. This is an accurate reflection of their public "Service Order" Terms that are available when placing an order.

Time to put away the popcorn and get back to your regularly scheduled program.

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider
    edited September 2023

@Mason said:

hahaha, thank you mate and accept my apologies for the mistake.

C1V hosting: Italy's Leading Data Center | Unbeatable VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Colocation | Cutting-Edge Facilities in Pomezia | Where Your Success Takes Center Stage.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@c1vhosting said:

@Mason said:

hahaha, thank you mate and please apologize for the mistake.

Yep, glad we got this sorted! Sorry for the abrupt snag of your tag, was all in an attempt to keep a healthy relationship between the providers and customers in our community.

Thanked by (2)c1vhosting FrankZ

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• What information shall be included in a cancellation request sent via registered letter with return receipt?
    What measures are in place to prevent a malicious party from cancelling a service that does not belong to them?

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

@yoursunny said: What information shall be included in a cancellation request sent via registered letter with return receipt?

Please send your questions to [email protected]

hahaha,just kidding.

@yoursunny said:
    What information shall be included in a cancellation request sent via registered letter with return receipt?

In a cancellation request sent via registered letter with return receipt, you should include the following information:

Your full name and contact details.
    The date of the cancellation request.
    A clear statement of your intention to cancel the service or contract.
    The specific service or contract you are canceling, including it's unique service id.
    Your signature.

What measures are in place to prevent a malicious party from cancelling a service that does not belong to them?

It depends on the method used to request cancellation, but you can rest assured that if you ever become a Customer you will be protected from false cancellation requests.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny FrankZ

• This claim of cancellation 30 days in advance seems completely nonsense to me, the only ones against whom he could act legally in case of non-cancellation and non-payment are the Italians...

Thanked by (2)yoursunny LowHosting

"He sounds like hearing him say to the liquor merchant: you who sell it what buys you better ?"
    F. De AndrΓ© --- Free NAT KVM

• Not even for a dedi they ask me 30d notice, still, it's their policy.

• What data should be sent by ordinary email to [email protected] for a contract cancellation?

• edited September 2023

@carlin0 said: This claim of cancellation 30 days in advance seems completely nonsense to me.

Agreed, though it appears to be the same for quite a few providers with yearly contracts. The worst offender for cancellation "over-protective/draconian" policies seems to be a certain popular German provider though. If advance cancellation must be adhered to, then a week for a yearly contract should be ample, if somewhat restrictive, IMO.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• edited September 2023

Yeah, this clause has sense only for dedis reselling because of connected costs for the company if server isn't cancelled on time. With vps cancellation after the billing period there aren't additional costs, so complete nonsense just to make things harder for the client.

On the other hand I can say that c1v don't enforce this clause strictly and don't complicate on vps cancellation at the end of the billing period.

Thanked by (2)c1vhosting AlwaysSkint

@Rero said:
    What data should be sent by ordinary email to [email protected] for a contract cancellation?

Hello there,
    In a cancellation request sent via ordinary e-mail, you should include the following information:

Your full name and contact details.
    The date of the cancellation request.
    A clear statement of your intention to cancel the service or contract.
    The specific service or contract you are canceling, including it's unique service id.
    Your signature.

• even NetCup and their 30 day cancellation is easier to do, and that is annoying.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited September 2023

Germany's "new" Fair Consumer law requests that online contracts now can be terminated via a cancellation button (usually a form you fill in) and once submitted send a confirmation of the reception of the cancellation request to the client immediately, and then asap confirm the cancellation in another email (or all in the first). E.g. my former mobile provider, after I had submitted the cancellation form, sent an email that they received the form immediately and then 10 minutes later (after checking everything was right) confirmed the cancellation request. That's the cancellation with "2 clicks" that is now mandatory. 1 click to click on the cancellation form (that's why most companies now put them in the footer of the website instead of hiding them somewhere) and another click to submit the cancellation form.

With the new law for fair consumer rights, after the minimum term (e.g. 1 year), contracts can only silently be prolonged 1 month at a time (not "oh you forgot to cancel, you're locked in for another 12 months).

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint Not_Oles
  • @c1vhosting said:
    Hello everyone,

I'd like to clarify some important points regarding our services and cancellation process. My earlier response was influenced by referring to the general conditions, but after consulting with my lawyer, I realized the need to focus on the SERVICE ORDER FORM.

• You can initiate the cancellation process by sending a request 30 days in advance. You have multiple options for communication:

Registered letter with return receipt to the address: C1V of Cinzia Tocci, Rome, Via Andrea Millevoi n. 681.

Your TOS says different
    https://www.c1vhosting.it/ToS_C1V Hosting_050123.pdf ←←← Page 25

"He sounds like hearing him say to the liquor merchant: you who sell it what buys you better ?"
    F. De AndrΓ© --- Free NAT KVM

@carlin0 said:

@c1vhosting said:
    Hello everyone,

Your TOS says different
    https://www.c1vhosting.it/ToS_C1V Hosting_050123.pdf ←←← Page 25

Please be careful to read before you dispute again. We checked the issue with the administrators of this forum, I thought it had been definitively resolved.

Below what you should read.

@Mason said:
    Hosting Provider tag restored. For transparency:

It was initially revoked due a miscommunication (in this thread) where LES staff was led to believe that in order to cancel services, someone would have to send in a cancellation request (via mail/email) with their ID scan at least 60 days before renewal. We deemed this as anti-consumer and very out of ordinary from expected "LowEnd" norms.

The provider consulted with internal coworkers and clarified that the actual process to cancel services is a cancellation request (via mail/email) with no ID requirement at least 30 days before renewal. This is an accurate reflection of their public "Service Order" Terms that are available when placing an order.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited September 2023

@carlin0 I expect you are only trying to be helpful but the page 25 cancellation requirements that you quoted above seems to me to be referring to off site services. Since I would not think a VPS or dedicated server would qualify as off site services, lets go with page 24.

From the link you quoted above page 24 https://www.c1vhosting.it/ToS_C1V Hosting_050123.pdf

1. DURATION OF THE CONTRACT – RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
      This Contract has a duration of 12 (twelve) months starting from the date of activation of the first
      Service requested by the Customer, date indicated within the Service Order, with tacit renewal for
      the same period if no cancellation has occurred with a notice of at least 30 (thirty) days from the
      expiry of the contract
      by registered letter with return receipt a/r, certified e-mail, request
      forwarded through the customer area in the "Ticket" section.
      If the duration indicated in the single
      Service activated by the Customer is greater than the duration of this Contract, the latter will be
      automatically renewed for a further period of 12 (twelve) months, without the need for any
      communication between the Parties.

It seems the easiest way to cancel. Thirty days notice, by email or request forwarded via ticket from the billing panel.

Edit: Additionally the Service Order" Terms in @Masons quote above is part of the contract as shown on page 20 of the link you specified.

"Service Order" or "Activation Form" or "Form": the prospectus that is an integral part of the
    Contract containing the description of the individual Service provided to the Customer by the
    Supplier, containing all technical and contractual specifications of the individual Service for which
    the Customer has requested activation"

Service Order Terms says

Duration of the Contract: 12 months starting from the date of actual activation of the service to
    the Customer by C1V.
    Tacit renewal: Yes
    Notice period (in days) in order to avoid the tacit renewal of the Service: 30 days with
    communication by registered letter with return receipt to the address C1V of Cinzia Tocci, Rome,
    Via Andrea Millevoi n. 681, or by pec to the [email protected] address, or by ordinary email to be
    sent to the [email protected] address.

I'd say it is time to put this one to bed now.

Thanked by (1)c1vhosting

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

This discussion has been closed.