Cheap yearly Dallas KVM with IPv4

It looks like VirMach's DFW location won't be coming back any time soon after the Dedipath debacle, so I'm seeking replacements.

Main requirements are decent uptime, KVM, IPv4, 1GB RAM minimum. Don't need much CPU, bandwidth, or storage. Don't need SMTP. Yearly OK. Must be Dallas - they're being used for monitoring and front-ends to databases (which are located in Dallas).

My VirMach ones are sub-$5/yr but obviously not expecting that to be matched; say under $15/yr otherwise I'd go with GreenCloud's existing 2GB offer.

If you have pointers or spare capacity, I'd like to hear about it! Thanks.

Thanked by (1)rpollestad
Tagged:

Comments

• Nexril 1GB is $8.40/year recurring and 24 push-ups setup fee.
    They are one of the awesome providers that accept push-ups as payment method.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• I'm not sure if KhanWebHost is over here on this forum, but on the other forum they have this offer:

25 GB SSD Disk
    1 GB DDR4 RAM
    1 vCPU (E5-2699v4)
    1 IPV4 Dedicated
    1 IPV6 Dedicated
    1TB BW @ 1Gbps
    $15.30 / Year

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/188743/cheapkvm-net-now-buy-kvm-vps-in-just-15-30-year-free-doubleup-promotion

I've had a service with them for about a year now in Dallas, and I've had no downtime. However, I'm not sure I'd recommend this over GreenCloud :)

• @yoursunny said:
    Nexril 1GB is $8.40/year recurring and 24 push-ups setup fee.

Good recommendation! I do already have a 1GB with Nexril, but could possibly move one of the VirMach VMs there.

@Wonder_Woman said: I'm not sure if KhanWebHost is over here on this forum, but on the other forum they have this offer:

Thanks for the suggestion; KWH is here, but their service is near Houston, not Dallas.

• Another low for LES

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• @terrorgen said:
    Another low for LES

?

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @AuroraZero said:

@terrorgen said:
    Another low for LES

?

Link from OGF posted on a request thread.

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• AuroraZeroAuroraZero Retired
    edited September 2023

@terrorgen said:

@AuroraZero said:

@terrorgen said:
    Another low for LES

?

:+1: got ya now, honestly my eyes skipped right over the link :lol:

Edit: apparently my spelling is crap as well

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @Wonder_Woman said: However, I'm not sure I'd recommend this over GreenCloud :)

Nah. I'd go with Greencloud's budget offer. Might be 2-3 bucks more per year but saves you lots of headaches (as long as you don't run into IPv6 issues, of course)

Thanked by (2)yoursunny bdl

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• edited September 2023

@tetech said:

@Wonder_Woman said: I'm not sure if KhanWebHost is over here on this forum, but on the other forum they have this offer:

Thanks for the suggestion; KWH is here, but their service is near Houston, not Dallas.

No problem! It's listed as Dallas, but I don't have any proof that it is.

@terrorgen said:

@AuroraZero said:

@terrorgen said:
    Another low for LES

?

Sorry to offend.

@Brueggus said:

@Wonder_Woman said: However, I'm not sure I'd recommend this over GreenCloud :)

Nah. I'd go with Greencloud's budget offer. Might be 2-3 bucks more per year but saves you lots of headaches (as long as you don't run into IPv6 issues, of course)

I agree, and for about the same price, GreenCloud has some very nice features, e.g. 10Gbps port :)

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • @yoursunny said:
    Nexril 1GB is $8.40/year recurring and 24 push-ups setup fee.

Are Nexril still running the $8.40/year promo? It looks like it's $32.40/year now.

• @Wonder_Woman said:

@tetech said:

No problem! It's listed as Dallas, but I don't have any proof that it is.

@terrorgen said:

@AuroraZero said:

@terrorgen said:
    Another low for LES

?

Sorry to offend.

@Brueggus said:

@Wonder_Woman said: However, I'm not sure I'd recommend this over GreenCloud :)

I agree, and for about the same price, GreenCloud has some very nice features, e.g. 10Gbps port :)

I don't think he is offended just being @terrorgen. He is a cool person once you get to know him a bit. :)

• @Wonder_Woman - I don't see an issue linking to OGF deals, as members posting deals found around the web was one of the very early practices of LE*. As long as those deals are not offers hosted at Colo-Crossing on rented equipment. (Which is against an offer rule here)
    So IMO, a link to KWH Dallas would be fine, and one to RackNerd Dallas would not.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• SMARTHOSTSMARTHOST Hosting ProviderOG

We can do it for you in Dallas within your price range.
    Reach out to us at [email protected] to set up a custom quote order.

~ SMARTHOST

SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Join our Resale Program
    https://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD KVM VPS - $2.95/month!