OnePoundEmail Current State & Updates September 2023

MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider
edited September 2023 in Industry News

Thought I'd do a follow up to OnePoundEmail Current State & Updates July 2023

Over the coming months, I will save money to invest in a part time support operator that can handle things when I'm not around. I don't know who, I don't know when, but this is my plan.

Since shortly after posting that thread, I've had somebody onboard helping with tickets when they come through but luckily things have been really quiet so hopefully not a lot of strain has been put on themselves.

I have also started creating subscription payments for all bills such as web hosting requirements, domains. I will create subscriptions for the MXroute resellers themselves so that all bills are paid on time automatically without failure.

The OnePoundEmail.co.uk has a renewal date of 08 Jul 2024, it has been set to auto-renew with a subscription set up to the business credit card, so no worries there. The OnePoundEmail.com domain is set to renew on the 3rd Aug 2024, and there is sufficient credit available in NameSilo to keep that going for a long time.

The latest transparency table looks a little something like this:

I have also seen a review on here that has addressed some issues, that I desperately need to look in to.

There was a CSS problem with the custom template I created so I reverted back to Blesta's default until I had time to look in to that and made it prettier with the OnePoundEmail colours. I will update the template in the future..

Speaking of the future, here's some of the things I want to do with OnePoundEmail:

• A new website template - I think the website needs to be updated, it's really quite basic and bland and even though it contains all of the information you or I would need, it doesn't contain every single piece of information that could ever be required (including via the knowledgebase, I don't want to stuff the homepage completely with text) to reduce support load. And I want the navigation and order flow to be as smooth as possible, with some flashy images and animations.
  • Affiliate enhancements - I want to push the affiliate programme, which may include making it more appealing. Not just by increasing the percentages but by adding bonuses and milestone rewards. It's not built in to the system though so ehh...
  • Bigger packages - To be honest I don't get much action on the 25GB and 50GB plans so it might not be logical to add bigger plans, but it also might tempt some people if the bulk discount is just right.
  • Additional services - I want to branch out from just selling the hosting side of things and want to offer different technical services that relate to email, whether security, management, backups solutions etc.
  • Possible rebrand - One day (I don't know when) I will definitely grow out of the "One Pound", especially with the way inflation is going, so I think I should think of a rebrand down the line so I'm not tied to that and maybe it will help me to incorporate other services into the business.
  • Acquisitions - If for whatever reason other resellers of MXroute, or businesses that offer a similar service via cPanel or DirectAdmin are looking to sell, I'd like to make their customers happy.

Thoughts, suggestions, queries, comments?

Thanked by (3)benz root angstrom

Comments

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

Rebrand today, or forget about it.

OK, perhaps not literally by the end of the day, but make a deadline, stick with it, and do the painful transition sooner rather than later.

It gets messier and more costly to re-brand at a later date (unless your reputation is such that you have nothing to lose).

Relja TheMarketingGenius Novovic

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• TwoPoundEmail
    FivePoundEmail
    TenPoundEmail

ZeroPoundEmail

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• PoundTownEmail.uk

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee
  • NPoundEmailForAValueOfN

More seriously, I think that you can keep "One Pound". Not to mention that a pound is also a unit of weight, especially in the US, so one could also read "OnePoundEmail" as 'One Pound of Email' :)

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin MichaelCee

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)