pCloud Lifetime on sale again! 500GB for 139€ - 2TB for 279€ - 10TB for 890€

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

pCloud Lifetime Cloud Storage (EU/US locations; based in Switzerland;founded in 2013) is on sale again. I've been with them for a few years now iirc and they've been great so far. Along with Koofr my go-to cloud storage atm. Only missing rclone which Koofr provides.

https://landing.pcloud.com/de/Germany2023

Thanked by (3)FrankZ root cxg

Comments

• somiksomik OG
    edited October 2023

Why not use the international link?

https://www.pcloud.com/cloud-storage-pricing-plans.html?period=lifetime

Just noticed the difference in price...

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• 500GB for 139€

At this price, better get Koofr lifetime 1TB for $159.99 from stacksocial.

Koofr Cloud Storage: Lifetime Subscription (1TB) for $159.99 [aff link]

• I have koofr already and always wanted to get pcloud aswell. But I never bought because of missing rclone support.
    Do you use their app? Or Webinterface only?

• @cxg said:
    I have koofr already and always wanted to get pcloud aswell. But I never bought because of missing rclone support.

rclone supports pcloud since v1.39. (link)

Thanked by (2)cxg Ympker

Koofr Cloud Storage: Lifetime Subscription (1TB) for $159.99 [aff link]

• @allnetstore said:

@cxg said:
    I have koofr already and always wanted to get pcloud aswell. But I never bought because of missing rclone support.

Thanks for pointing that out. Did not notice that.
    Now I should go and open my pocket.

Thanked by (2)Ympker ehab
  • @cxg said:

@allnetstore said:

@cxg said:

Strange part is, that it was done prior koofr and I still did not realize it. B)

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@cxg said:

@cxg said:

@allnetstore said:

@cxg said:

Strange part is, that it was done prior koofr and I still did not realize it. B)

I also didn't seem to notice until now, lol

• Was the price on Black Friday lower?

How are you... online?

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited October 2023

@root said:
    Was the price on Black Friday lower?

Doesn't seem like it, if this is true: https://kripeshadwani.com/pcloud-black-friday-deal/ (BF 2022 seems to have also been 139/279/890)

• Shouldn't we know better than "lifetime" deals for something like this? Hetzner Storagebox is around 2€/TB/mo so this pCloud at the 2TB level is like 70 months (~ 6 years) and the 10TB level is almost 4 years. I'd expect something to go wrong way before that.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin netomx
  • edited October 2023

@willie said:
    Shouldn't we know better than "lifetime" deals for something like this? Hetzner Storagebox is around 2€/TB/mo so this pCloud at the 2TB level is like 70 months (~ 6 years) and the 10TB level is almost 4 years. I'd expect something to go wrong way before that.

People prefer something like lifetime, unlimited, unmetered. It gives them peace of mind though no guarantee of sustainability.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @Fritz said: People prefer something like lifetime, unlimited, unmetered. It gives them peace of mind though no guarantee of sustainability.

It's the opposite though. Anything that says lifetime can disappear at any moment. I've bought a couple of 3 year storage plans here before and both collapsed partway through. I mostly use Hetzner now.

• @willie said:

@Fritz said: People prefer something like lifetime, unlimited, unmetered. It gives them peace of mind though no guarantee of sustainability.

It's the opposite though. Anything that says lifetime can disappear at any moment. I've bought a couple of 3 year storage plans here before and both collapsed partway through. I mostly use Hetzner now.

Like?

• @dosai said: Like?

EAU DE VPS

• @tridinebandim said:

@dosai said: Like?

EAU DE VPS

How are you... online?

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer
    edited October 2023

@willie said:
    Shouldn't we know better than "lifetime" deals for something like this? Hetzner Storagebox is around 2€/TB/mo so this pCloud at the 2TB level is like 70 months (~ 6 years) and the 10TB level is almost 4 years. I'd expect something to go wrong way before that.

I would also add the "tied-money" costs.
    $500 you pay now will hurt you (and benefit the seller) more than paying it in $4 monthly installments (that's the current 1TB Hetzner Storage Box price - cheaper per TB for larger capacity boxes, at about $2 per month per month for the 10 TB plan).

Edit:
    The site is a pop-up scarcity-marketing nightmare.
    :)
    With the counter to boot! :)
    Almost forgot about those:

Thanked by (2)charleenk Ympker

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• f4netf4net Hosting Provider

I came across PCloud as TreNAS, supports it, out the box. And I liked the idea of one time payment life time use. I set it up for daily config backups.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

F4 Networks | Reliable BGP enabled Colocation, Dedicated & VPS

• "33 Years of German Unity!"
    Yes! <3 =)