2 TB storage VM

I think I know most of the storage offers around nowadays, but let's try this, in case I am missing something... here is what I am looking for:

  • 2 TiB of storage. I can deal with TB, but obviously will check that related to the price and rest of the offer ;-)
  • storage should be some raid like 6(0) or zfs z2 and I'd appreciate if the provider is clear about what he is using and maybe even what a possible revocery plan would be in case of a raid failure
  • 2 cores of regular/older intel or 1 core of 1000+ cpu
  • 3-4 GB of RAM, gonna run proxmox backup server on this
  • 4 TB of traffic, 1 Gbit shared port
  • dedicated IPv4 preferred, can do with IPv6 only, if the price reflects that accordingly
  • Europe
  • please no providers that host seedboxes, wooden racks or are playing provider for less than a year
  • I already have hetzner, hosthatch, smarthost, greencloudvps. no need for those anymore
  • budget: 7$/€ per month, somewhat flexible. willing to pay quarterly or even yearly if cheaper and ticks all boxes

is there anything that comes to mind?

PS: providers that don't read and just bust their non fitting offer in here are very welcome to make it onto the don't buy list immediately.

«1

Comments

  • Thanked by (3)Falzo tetech taizi
  • AlphaVPS in Nuremberg normal price slightly over budget, might be able to get a slight discount from them.

    Thanked by (1)Falzo
  • @tetech said:
    AlphaVPS in Nuremberg normal price slightly over budget, might be able to get a slight discount from them.

    Ah, thanks for mentioning, that's at least something I wasn't aware off.
    Need to check the offer history for possible discounts (e.g. during BF) that bring the price down towards budget...

  • I think @Kuroit maybe able to do this. Storage node is based in London (Hydracom)
    Even if it shows OOS, reach out to them. I got a custom plan from them.

    They use E2236, last time I checked it was able to hit around 1200 GB5 score.

    Thanked by (3)Not_Oles Falzo MP_KuroIT
  • c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider
    edited October 2023

    @Falzo said:
    I think I know most of the storage offers around nowadays, but let's try this, in case I am missing something... here is what I am looking for:

    • 2 TiB of storage. I can deal with TB, but obviously will check that related to the price and rest of the offer ;-)
    • storage should be some raid like 6(0) or zfs z2 and I'd appreciate if the provider is clear about what he is using and maybe even what a possible revocery plan would be in case of a raid failure
    • 2 cores of regular/older intel or 1 core of 1000+ cpu
    • 3-4 GB of RAM, gonna run proxmox backup server on this
    • 4 TB of traffic, 1 Gbit shared port
    • dedicated IPv4 preferred, can do with IPv6 only, if the price reflects that accordingly
    • Europe
    • please no providers that host seedboxes, wooden racks or are playing provider for less than a year
    • I already have hetzner, hosthatch, smarthost, greencloudvps. no need for those anymore
    • budget: 7$/€ per month, somewhat flexible. willing to pay quarterly or even yearly if cheaper and ticks all boxes

    is there anything that comes to mind?

    PS: providers that don't read and just bust their non fitting offer in here are very welcome to make it onto the don't buy list immediately.

    Ciao!

    Virtual Server Specs (KVM virtualization):
    CPU 2 vCore - PRO AI setup*
    RAM 4GB
    HDD 2200GB (RAID 5)
    Bandwidth 5TB @ 1Gbps
    Anti-DDoS 100Gbps Standard Protection
    IPv6-only network

    Special Price: €61,00/year VAT included
    Information about CPU AI setup

    Payment Options:
    EUR, USD, and GBP currencies
    Instant Bank Transfer
    Skrill
    Bitcoin
    Bitcoin Cash
    TON
    USDT (ERC-20)
    Ethereum (ERC-20)
    Paysafecard
    PayPal
    Litecoin
    Dogecoin
    Revolut

    Useful Links
    Terms of Service
    LG: https://www.c1vhosting.it/lg/
    AS: https://bgp.he.net/AS212271

    For this offering, the servers are based on E5-2690v4 CPU, DDR4 ECC RAM, HDD datacenter disk (some of which are powered by NVMe cache) and are powered by 2x10Gbit connectivity.

    /dev/sdb:
     Timing cached reads:   13596 MB in  1.99 seconds = 6825.38 MB/sec
     Timing buffered disk reads: 3066 MB in  3.00 seconds = 1021.35 MB/sec
    

    You asked about the hardware failure recovery plan. In short, we try to cyclically replace disks and parts that may be dated but as you know this is not enough, it can happen that there are serious errors on the raid that lead to data loss.
    As you can imagine, what you are buying is a low cost service, so it is not designed to be 100% protected from these risks.
    To this end we offer an external backup service which, for particular needs, can be combined with a VPS.

    Thanked by (1)Falzo

    C1V Hosting: Low cost Italian Cloud & Data Center Solutions 🚀 | Contact us for special offers. | Our deals on Telegram

  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

    server factory uses zfs and was good while i was using it.

    Thanked by (1)Falzo

    I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

  • @Falzo - check out HostBrr - ( @Labze ).

    They are essentially on Hetzner's network/infra but I guess they are a different provider so maybe you can check them out?

    See: https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/6384/hostbrr-large-storage-vps-from-2-5-tb-amd-epyc-vps-0-625-gb-ram-double-bandwidth-offers/p1

    Thanked by (1)Falzo
  • @c1vhosting said:
    Ciao!

    Hey there and thanks for taking the time to answer detailed, much appreciated. Seems you are not long on here and had a bit of a rough start adapting to the ways of this community 😉

    Your offer seem to accomodate most of my wishes, yet your missing track record is a bit in the way. I'll check what information I can find about you and your company and might come back with additional questions.

  • @nullnothere said:
    @Falzo - check out HostBrr - ( @Labze ).

    They are essentially on Hetzner's network/infra but I guess they are a different provider so maybe you can check them out?

    See: https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/6384/hostbrr-large-storage-vps-from-2-5-tb-amd-epyc-vps-0-625-gb-ram-double-bandwidth-offers/p1

    Thanks, I indeed started to ask questions on their latest offer over on OGF. Hetzner network/Reseller even Helsinki would work.

    Seems to be a young company/sole trader from denmark, so also a bit more history would be nice. Especially in reselling business things can go sideways quickly. Thats also the reason why I have no interest in a neighborhood with seedboxes and the like.

    But will definitely keep an eye on that one.

  • Someone I always forget about, thanks for mentioning! Need to check their latest offers...

    Btw. I am in no real hurry, so everything that could be promising during BF will make it onto the list.

    Thanked by (1)liteserver
  • You can also check out @alwyzon.

    Thanked by (2)alwyzon Falzo

    For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

  • @Falzo said:

    @c1vhosting said:
    Ciao!

    Hey there and thanks for taking the time to answer detailed, much appreciated. Seems you are not long on here and had a bit of a rough start adapting to the ways of this community 😉

    Your offer seem to accomodate most of my wishes, yet your missing track record is a bit in the way. I'll check what information I can find about you and your company and might come back with additional questions.

    They run out of a basement and refuse to show any pictures of the racks/infra. They're also singlehomed to 1299 and have been pushing a bunch of yearly payment only deals, probably going to deadpool in the next ~6months or less. Not to mention the other questionable stuff they're up to, I wouldn't really recommend trusting them with any data you view as valuable in the slightest. Owner has also been known to be a skid who lies about stuff, so not ideal for a "just trust me bro" kind of operation.

    Thanked by (2)Falzo hana
  • ialexpwialexpw OGServices Provider

    @Falzo said:

    Someone I always forget about, thanks for mentioning! Need to check their latest offers...

    Btw. I am in no real hurry, so everything that could be promising during BF will make it onto the list.

    I can never recommend @liteserver enough. Had both the storage & nvme VPS' for multiple years now and they've been completely solid. Worth waiting for the offers, I grabbed ~60% off a while back.

    Thanked by (2)liteserver Falzo

    Syuh - sftp, rsync & rclone accessible storage from 50GB to TBs.

  • alwyzonalwyzon Hosting Provider

    Yes, the Storage Server 2T should match (or exceed) all those requirements except for the price. There are also plenty of customers already using the Storage Servers for PBS, so that shouldn't be an issue either.

    — Michael

    Thanked by (1)Falzo

    Alwyzon - Virtual Servers in Austria starting at 4,49 €/month (excl. VAT)

  • c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider

    @Falzo said:

    @c1vhosting said:
    Ciao!

    Hey there and thanks for taking the time to answer detailed, much appreciated. Seems you are not long on here and had a bit of a rough start adapting to the ways of this community 😉

    Your offer seem to accomodate most of my wishes, yet your missing track record is a bit in the way. I'll check what information I can find about you and your company and might come back with additional questions.

    just have been doing business for 14 years :)

    C1V Hosting: Low cost Italian Cloud & Data Center Solutions 🚀 | Contact us for special offers. | Our deals on Telegram

  • @alwyzon said:
    Yes, the Storage Server 2T should match (or exceed) all those requirements except for the price. There are also plenty of customers already using the Storage Servers for PBS, so that shouldn't be an issue either.

    — Michael

    I had one of those servers for two years and was very, very happy with it.
    It was very reliable, quick hardware & well connected and never caused any issues that I could remember. Based on this, I would absolutely vouch for alwyzon.

    Thanked by (2)alwyzon Falzo

    Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).
    Certified braindead since 1974 and still perfectly happy.

  • @c1vhosting said: just have been doing business for 14 years :)

    C1V hosting stands as Italy's premier data center, cloud, hosting, and connectivity provider. Our cutting-edge datacenter in Pomezia, near Rome, is at the heart of our operations, delivering a comprehensive suite of services, including VPS, dedicated servers, colocation, and tailored connectivity solutions. Your success is our priority.

    Sorry mate, don't mean to offend you in any way but since you're claiming to be in business for 14 years, and declaring to be "Italy's premier" and "cutting-edge" Data Center, shouldn't there be pictures all over the Internet, or at least on your website?

    Why are there no pictures of C1V Hosting's DC and/or the racks?

    Just curious because, typically, those who own/operate DCs tend to offer extensive details about their facility(ies).

    Thanked by (1)carlin0

    For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

  • c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider

    @TheDP said:

    @c1vhosting said: just have been doing business for 14 years :)

    C1V hosting stands as Italy's premier data center, cloud, hosting, and connectivity provider. Our cutting-edge datacenter in Pomezia, near Rome, is at the heart of our operations, delivering a comprehensive suite of services, including VPS, dedicated servers, colocation, and tailored connectivity solutions. Your success is our priority.

    Sorry mate, don't mean to offend you in any way but since you're claiming to be in business for 14 years, and declaring to be "Italy's premier" and "cutting-edge" Data Center, shouldn't there be pictures all over the Internet, or at least on your website?

    Why are there no pictures of C1V Hosting's DC and/or the racks?

    Just curious because, typically, those who own/operate DCs tend to offer extensive details about their facility(ies).

    We offer them, often and willingly. It is no coincidence that our customers remain satisfied with our data center.

    The fact that we have been in operation since 2008 no one can dispute :) So.. I hear that here someone often talk we could do exit scams.. guys go and find a girlfriend to calm your hormones with!

    C1V Hosting: Low cost Italian Cloud & Data Center Solutions 🚀 | Contact us for special offers. | Our deals on Telegram

  • c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider

    @TheDP said: Just curious because, typically, those who own/operate DCs tend to offer extensive details about their facility(ies).

    If this happens, in our country not really. If there are any, they are very circumstantial photos. We are not interested in selling photos, we are interested in selling high-performance services.

    C1V Hosting: Low cost Italian Cloud & Data Center Solutions 🚀 | Contact us for special offers. | Our deals on Telegram

  • @c1vhosting said:
    The fact that we have been in operation since 2008 no one can dispute :)

    whois c1vhosting.it
    Domain: c1vhosting.it
    Status: clientDeleteProhibited
    Signed: no
    Created: 2020-09-17 16:52:37
    Last Update: 2023-05-09 00:52:16
    Expire Date: 2024-04-23

    "He sounds like hearing him say to the liquor merchant: you who sell it what buys you better ?"
    F. De André --- Free NAT KVM

  • @TheDP said:

    @c1vhosting said: just have been doing business for 14 years :)

    C1V hosting stands as Italy's premier data center, cloud, hosting, and connectivity provider. Our cutting-edge datacenter in Pomezia, near Rome, is at the heart of our operations, delivering a comprehensive suite of services, including VPS, dedicated servers, colocation, and tailored connectivity solutions. Your success is our priority.

    Sorry mate, don't mean to offend you in any way but since you're claiming to be in business for 14 years, and declaring to be "Italy's premier" and "cutting-edge" Data Center, shouldn't there be pictures all over the Internet, or at least on your website?

    Why are there no pictures of C1V Hosting's DC and/or the racks?

    Just curious because, typically, those who own/operate DCs tend to offer extensive details about their facility(ies).

    Same here, I do not mean to be rude or offensive, but from Route48 I got to know you were 17. If you have been in business for 14 years.. that means you were 3 when this was started? 🤔

    I remember you saying before on LES, C1V was a book store originally. How long have you been doing web hosting?

  • @c1vhosting said:

    @TheDP said: Just curious because, typically, those who own/operate DCs tend to offer extensive details about their facility(ies).

    If this happens, in our country not really. If there are any, they are very circumstantial photos. We are not interested in selling photos, we are interested in selling high-performance services.

    If that's that's your response to this, then ok, thank you.

    Sorry @Falzo, for "hijacking" your thread!

    P.S. To the mods, feel free to split the discussions that originated from my comment, if needed :smiley:

    Thanked by (3)FrankZ skorous Falzo

    For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

  • c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider

    @sh97 said:

    @TheDP said:

    @c1vhosting said: just have been doing business for 14 years :)

    C1V hosting stands as Italy's premier data center, cloud, hosting, and connectivity provider. Our cutting-edge datacenter in Pomezia, near Rome, is at the heart of our operations, delivering a comprehensive suite of services, including VPS, dedicated servers, colocation, and tailored connectivity solutions. Your success is our priority.

    Sorry mate, don't mean to offend you in any way but since you're claiming to be in business for 14 years, and declaring to be "Italy's premier" and "cutting-edge" Data Center, shouldn't there be pictures all over the Internet, or at least on your website?

    Why are there no pictures of C1V Hosting's DC and/or the racks?

    Just curious because, typically, those who own/operate DCs tend to offer extensive details about their facility(ies).

    Same here, I do not mean to be rude or offensive, but from Route48 I got to know you were 17. If you have been in business for 14 years.. that means you were 3 when this was started? 🤔

    I remember you saying before on LES, C1V was a book store originally. How long have you been doing web hosting?

    3 years :)

    Thanked by (1)sh97

    C1V Hosting: Low cost Italian Cloud & Data Center Solutions 🚀 | Contact us for special offers. | Our deals on Telegram

  • @sh97 said:
    ... saying before on LES, C1V was a book store originally.

    Are you suggesting starting as a bookstore isn't a viable way to become a leading cloud service provider?

  • @TheDP said:
    You can also check out @alwyzon.

    @Amitz said:

    @alwyzon said:
    Yes, the Storage Server 2T should match (or exceed) all those requirements except for the price. There are also plenty of customers already using the Storage Servers for PBS, so that shouldn't be an issue either.

    — Michael

    I had one of those servers for two years and was very, very happy with it.
    It was very reliable, quick hardware & well connected and never caused any issues that I could remember. Based on this, I would absolutely vouch for alwyzon.

    Michael and his services are on my short list for quite a while and I am already convinced that this is good value/decent performance, thanks for mentioning and recommending though 👌
    I was close to buying with the last LES special, however for >100€ a year, I do have some other options first.

  • @TheDP said:

    @c1vhosting said:

    @TheDP said: Just curious because, typically, those who own/operate DCs tend to offer extensive details about their facility(ies).

    If this happens, in our country not really. If there are any, they are very circumstantial photos. We are not interested in selling photos, we are interested in selling high-performance services.

    If that's that's your response to this, then ok, thank you.

    Sorry @Falzo, for "hijacking" your thread!

    P.S. To the mods, feel free to split the discussions that originated from my comment, if needed :smiley:

    all good, I am grateful for any comments and opinions. lately I am more only lurking/skimming around the green forums, though I noticed the discussions about c1v before ;-)

    Thanked by (1)c1vhosting
  • @Falzo said:

    @nullnothere said:
    @Falzo - check out HostBrr - ( @Labze ).

    They are essentially on Hetzner's network/infra but I guess they are a different provider so maybe you can check them out?

    See: https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/6384/hostbrr-large-storage-vps-from-2-5-tb-amd-epyc-vps-0-625-gb-ram-double-bandwidth-offers/p1

    Thanks, I indeed started to ask questions on their latest offer over on OGF. Hetzner network/Reseller even Helsinki would work.

    Seems to be a young company/sole trader from denmark, so also a bit more history would be nice. Especially in reselling business things can go sideways quickly. Thats also the reason why I have no interest in a neighborhood with seedboxes and the like.

    But will definitely keep an eye on that one.

    What is OGF? Cheers, mate!

  • @nobizzle said:

    @Falzo said:

    @nullnothere said:
    @Falzo - check out HostBrr - ( @Labze ).

    They are essentially on Hetzner's network/infra but I guess they are a different provider so maybe you can check them out?

    See: https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/6384/hostbrr-large-storage-vps-from-2-5-tb-amd-epyc-vps-0-625-gb-ram-double-bandwidth-offers/p1

    Thanks, I indeed started to ask questions on their latest offer over on OGF. Hetzner network/Reseller even Helsinki would work.

    Seems to be a young company/sole trader from denmark, so also a bit more history would be nice. Especially in reselling business things can go sideways quickly. Thats also the reason why I have no interest in a neighborhood with seedboxes and the like.

    But will definitely keep an eye on that one.

    What is OGF? Cheers, mate!

    Other Green Forum

    URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | LaunchVPS | Are you in the Node?

  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

    @sh97 said:

    @TheDP said:

    @c1vhosting said: just have been doing business for 14 years :)

    C1V hosting stands as Italy's premier data center, cloud, hosting, and connectivity provider. Our cutting-edge datacenter in Pomezia, near Rome, is at the heart of our operations, delivering a comprehensive suite of services, including VPS, dedicated servers, colocation, and tailored connectivity solutions. Your success is our priority.

    Sorry mate, don't mean to offend you in any way but since you're claiming to be in business for 14 years, and declaring to be "Italy's premier" and "cutting-edge" Data Center, shouldn't there be pictures all over the Internet, or at least on your website?

    Why are there no pictures of C1V Hosting's DC and/or the racks?

    Just curious because, typically, those who own/operate DCs tend to offer extensive details about their facility(ies).

    Same here, I do not mean to be rude or offensive, but from Route48 I got to know you were 17. If you have been in business for 14 years.. that means you were 3 when this was started? 🤔

    I remember you saying before on LES, C1V was a book store originally. How long have you been doing web hosting?

    he could be a genius

    Thanked by (1)c1vhosting

    I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

Sign In or Register to comment.