New Backblaze pricing: egress still billed?

Hi,
I store around 1TB at Backblaze Cloud storage. To reduce some storage usage, I ran "restic prune --max-unused 0" which should be fine as restic told me it will repack 60GB which is much lower then 3x of the average storage. But after downloading around 45GB I got

"Your Backblaze Daily Download-Bandbreite Cap of $0.50 has reached 75%".

Any ideas? I also asked the support about it.

Tagged:

Comments

• Got a reply from the support:

However, please note that in order to ensure your downloads are being performed completely, you will need to adjust the caps on the account to allow the downloads to proceed accordingly to prevent the cap from being reached.

In addition, all egress calculations will then be made at the end of the billing cycle respectively.

Ok, that's still confusing I think.

• jfreak53jfreak53 Hosting Provider

What are you paying as that seems expensive?

microtronixdc.com - Colocation, Dedicated Servers, Full-Rack options, VPS. John 3:16 - Jesus Saves!!
    Massive Network Bandwidth options with Fiber throughout, up to 100Gbps connections! Always-On DDoS Mitigation for all traffic!

• linveolinveo Hosting ProviderOG

@bjo said:
    Got a reply from the support:

However, please note that in order to ensure your downloads are being performed completely, you will need to adjust the caps on the account to allow the downloads to proceed accordingly to prevent the cap from being reached.

In addition, all egress calculations will then be made at the end of the billing cycle respectively.

Ok, that's still confusing I think.

If you are averaging 1TB stored a month, then you should be able to download 3TB before being charged. You can probably set a daily cap, but the billing adjustment would not come into play until your monthly storage is calculated.

linveo.com | Shared Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Servers

• According to the reports section, 1,093.0 GB avg GB is stored in October. So I thought it's already calculated and the estimated egress fees would refer to it.