bgp.he.net updates

Looks like HE has rolled out some new updates to their bgp toolkit.

It has a handy traceroute tool that supports RIPE Atlas probes, Globalping probes, and NLNOG rings. You can select an AS and traceroute/ping from them.

Not sure why they decided to center the content for searches though.

Swiftnode.net - Baremetal, virtual machines, VoIP, and DDoS mitigation.

Comments

• they REALLY need to update their phone app

youtube.com/watch?v=k1BneeJTDcU
    All of my VMs: https://nodecheck.net/s/otusibrc/

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider

I really hate how everything is now centered
    https://bgp.tools is also a nice website

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• mannenmannen Hosting Provider

bgp.tools data is shady and it's on purpose. It you don't pay it lists your ASN tagged as Personal ASN even tough it might be used commercially.

RIPE LIR

• @mannen said:
    bgp.tools data is shady and it's on purpose. It you don't pay it lists your ASN tagged as Personal ASN even tough it might be used commercially.

From my experience their data is way way better than HE's. Its also updated more frequently, and has more features.

• edited October 2023

@mannen said:

What?
    They have Personal tagging for small ASNs, but I've never seen them reject the removal of the Personal ASN status as long as you edit the page and explain its use-case (hosting multiple clients, etc.). "Only a couple of people/friends use it" also counts as a personal ASN/group.

And in fact, being a Personal ASN has some perks on its own...

• hostEONShostEONS Hosting ProviderOG

Bgp.tools is way more reliable, we got our ASN in Aug 2023 and I just used the edit option on their website, no payment made and changed it to Server Hosting

Also it updates almost instantly whereas He.net keeps showing cached data

Thanked by (3)sh97 fluttershy JeDaYoshi

hostEONS.com - 9 Locations for VPS (US and EU).. Free Blesta License, Free Windows 2019 License and more. Shared DA Hosting. AS142036 .. Ryzen 7950X Based VDS in SLC, LA and Dallas