How to create MAC VPS

The virtualization software supports popular Linux images for Windows.
But there seems to be no system for mac. Does anyone know how to create it?

Comments

• What's the use case, genuinely...

I have heard there are some companies that offer a Mac's vm though macincloud.com I remember..

Thanks

• @NDTN may help you

• @localhost said:
    What's the use case, genuinely...

I have heard there are some companies that offer a Mac's vm though macincloud.com I remember..

Thanks

For example, some development programs and remote projects.

Thanked by (1)localhost
  • I've used this to create one before, but the licensing is a bit problematic https://github.com/foxlet/macOS-Simple-KVM

• Might not be exactly what you are after, but still worth a look I guess: https://github.com/sickcodes/Docker-OSX
    It is on my "play around when there is spare time"-list forever now. :D

• Thank you, gentlemen.
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/utm-virtual-machines/id1538878817
    I found this program, but I'm not sure if there is an api that calls it

• UTM uses the Apple Virtualisation framework under the hood for macOS guests. There's a few other projects that use the same framework vz / vftool if you're wanting a bit more control. Be warned, you can't sign in to an iCloud account in a VM running this way.

Other options: ESXi 7 natively supports macOS when it's running on Apple hardware (I guess this is how GreenCloud does it), and there are patches around that disable the Apple hardware check. For anything other hypervisor you'd be looking at building a Hackintosh, here's a walkthrough for Proxmox. There's no graphics acceleration, so if you're not passing through a supported GPU the experience is pretty miserable.

• edited October 2023

Creating a macOS VPS is a bit more nuanced due to Apple's licensing restrictions. You can only virtualize macOS on Apple hardware.

Hardware: Ensure you're using Apple hardware like a Mac Mini or Mac Pro.
    Virtualization Software: Use software like VMware Fusion, Parallels Desktop, or VirtualBox.
    macOS Image: Obtain a legit macOS installer from the App Store, then create a bootable image for virtualization.

Always ensure you're compliant with Apple's software license agreement when virtualizing macOS. Hope this helps, and happy virtualizing

• @Michael_Henderson said:
    Creating a macOS VPS is a bit more nuanced due to Apple's licensing restrictions. You can only virtualize macOS on Apple hardware.

Hardware: Ensure you're using Apple hardware like a Mac Mini or Mac Pro.
    Virtualization Software: Use software like VMware Fusion, Parallels Desktop, or VirtualBox.
    macOS Image: Obtain a legit macOS installer from the App Store, then create a bootable image for virtualization.

Always ensure you're compliant with Apple's software license agreement when virtualizing macOS. Hope this helps, and happy virtualizing

Love your effort, GPT!