Dewlance [US/UK/CA/AU] $10/Yr -Halloween Only -Shared, Reseller & Master Reseller Hosting + Giveaway

2»

Comments

• edited October 2023

@Dewlance said:

@balloon said:

@balloon said:
    I got one, but after the FTP client connects the FTP, the client is losing the response at the time it gets the directory listing. Am I the only one having this problem? Other functions such as DirectAdmin and email work normally.

I didn't get any response to this, so I thought it was just me. I noticed a new 403 on some of the status pages, and thought it was probably a block from Japan. I'll open a ticket and deal with it.

Please upload the index file. Directory listening has been disabled for security reasons.

We do not restrict access based on any particular country.

no. This is not such an elementary problem.
    The FTP client is timing out while connecting to the port number required for transfer with the server. Port 21 is fine.
    I uploaded index.html from DirectAdmin and checked the change in the web browser, but the FTP behavior did not change.
    (In the first place, DirectAdmin generates a default `index.html)

There are probably few beginners among LES users. I used to resell shared servers.

Thanked by (1)Dewlance

BALLOON | FU-SEN from Japan - You may know me from other places...

• I ran the ftp command via VPS. In this case, the list will be displayed normally. The problem may be due to dependencies between my environment and the server provided by Dewlance. This is strange because I have used other shared servers without any problems...

• OK, I found the cause of the problem. Obtaining a list of directories failed when using FTPS (TLS).
    (Currently FTP clients such as FileZilla try to use FTPS by default. Not SFTP using ssh)
    So I set it to Only use plain FTP (insecure) (For FileZilla). As a result, I got a directory list.