Black Friday: Lifetime at GooseVPN

rootroot OG
edited November 2023 in Must See Deals

I received the following newsletter from GooseVPN:

Hi 👋
We have a unique Black Friday Deal for you. Lifetime GOOSE VPN starting from €69! Pay only €69 once and be sure of safe and borderless internet with GOOSE VPN 🧡.

GET LIFETIME DEAL

Already a GOOSE VPN account?
Do you have a GOOSE VPN account but it's in-active? Follow the 3 steps below to have this Lifetime deal:
Go to the GOOSE VPN portal, click here.
After logging in you will see a large red bar to reactivate your account. Click this.
Choose the Lifetime package and confirm. Enjoy lifelong GOOSE VPN!
Or just click "reply" to this email, inform us of the email address you'd like to apply this Black Friday Lifetime Deal to and we will activate the deal for you.

Questions?
Do you have any questions or do you want to know more about the lifetime deal? Then you can contact us daily, respond to this e-mail and we will be happy to help you.

Thanks!

Joeri van de Watering
Founder GOOSE VPN

How are you... online?

Thanked by (3)ehab FrankZ frakass

Comments

• Lifetime offer? But what if i don't die in the next two years?

• @Ympker what do you think?

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited November 2023

@ehab

@root said:
    I received the following newsletter from GooseVPN:

Hi 👋
    We have a unique Black Friday Deal for you. Lifetime GOOSE VPN starting from €69! Pay only €69 once and be sure of safe and borderless internet with GOOSE VPN 🧡.

GET LIFETIME DEAL

Already a GOOSE VPN account?
    Do you have a GOOSE VPN account but it's in-active? Follow the 3 steps below to have this Lifetime deal:
    Go to the GOOSE VPN portal, click here.
    After logging in you will see a large red bar to reactivate your account. Click this.
    Choose the Lifetime package and confirm. Enjoy lifelong GOOSE VPN!
    Or just click "reply" to this email, inform us of the email address you'd like to apply this Black Friday Lifetime Deal to and we will activate the deal for you.

Questions?
    Do you have any questions or do you want to know more about the lifetime deal? Then you can contact us daily, respond to this e-mail and we will be happy to help you.

Thanks!

Joeri van de Watering
    Founder GOOSE VPN

The Appsumo offer back then was like 20$ iirc, so doesn't seem so cheap to me. That said, AS offer has been removed iirc.
    Still happy with GooseVPN speeds, but they haven't added any improvements that were asked on AS like Wireguard, and Android app seems to have gotten a bit buggier/less reliable. OVPN speeds have also been better in the past. Some OVPN servers have stopped working shortly, but then worked again. I still don't regret buying GooseVPN, but I can't really recommend it much either as things are now.

Thanked by (4)FrankZ ehab Mumbly sh97
  • As @Ympker commented, the VPN is not quite wow, but it works. I posted the offer here because I received it by mail and maybe someone wants it. Personally I use this VPN on a router to protect my house WiFi.

The lifetime should always be seen as lifetime of provider, not the lifetime of consumer, since the consumer might live indefinitely or forever.

Thanked by (3)ehab FrankZ Ympker

How are you... online?

• @Janevski said:
    Lifetime offer? But what if i don't die in the next two years?

Not your lifetime. It's the service's lifetime.

Thanked by (1)frakass

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• is this provider working to China?

• @frakass said:
    is this provider working to China?

The provider is based in European Union. I have no idea if GooseVPN is accessible from China, due to China having some firewall maintained by its politicians.

How are you... online?

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited November 2023

@root said:
    As @Ympker commented, the VPN is not quite wow, but it works. I posted the offer here because I received it by mail and maybe someone wants it. Personally I use this VPN on a router to protect my house WiFi.

The lifetime should always be seen as lifetime of provider, not the lifetime of consumer, since the consumer might live indefinitely or forever.

Given that Goose has quite decent speeds (probably to smaller customer base) I can imagine it would yield quite good speeds on router level. Might also give this a try some time, although I probably prefer vpn on application level (more convenient, however router level could be better for privacy, especially with firewall).

Edit: just did a speedtest on my Android phone for Switzerland and Spain location (the ones I use the most). Both not getting above 40 Mbit/s (with their app). Using ovpn config file improves speed up to roughly 70 Mbit/s.. This was way faster in the past. With Ivacy I got 120-130 Mbit/s just now. Also using Goose on PC the other day, I only got around 50-60 Mbit/s for those locations on ovpn. Months/Weeks ago I was praising Goose stating how I was getting like 180 Mbit/s with them which is kind of 95% of what I get without vpn. Seems like something has changed.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Only card and paypal?
    I feel like bitcoin at least is even a standard across vpn companies now. I believe even Nord allows it