Mango Mail | Affordable Email Hosting with Unlimited Addresses | Free for 2 Weeks.

MangoMailMangoMail Services Provider
edited November 2023 in Free Offers and Stuff

Mango Mail is an easy-to-use and affordable email host that charges for data instead of number of addresses.

We offer free hosting for 2 weeks to anyone that's interested.

You can signup here: https://admin.mymangomail.com/signup

[ Paid offer removed by @FrankZ ]

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Comments

• how long have you been running your business? how do you handle spam on your network? what about send failures? why should I use this service over purelymail.com (costs me like $0.40 per month for 2gb uncompressed storage)?

Thanked by (1)lapua
  • MangoMailMangoMail Services Provider

We also provide extensive docs and guides: https://mymangomail.com/docs/

• @jrmy said: We also offer advanced features including Subdomain Addressing, Plus Addressing, Aliasing, 2FA

also includes this as well as sieve rules for filtering/tagging

@jrmy said: They leave their limits and specifics up in the air: "If you use significantly more than $10 a year in resources, you may need to switch to advanced pricing".

while they may be up in the air, I switched to advanced pricing anyway because it would work out cheaper for my usages

@jrmy said: Purelymail does not seem like a serious provider.

that can be the same for any provider many start up post on forums during blackfriday then run with users money, purelymail have been rock solid for my uses and have been running for well over 5 years

I don't mean to discredit Purelymail in any way. I'm sure they are a great provider. However, at a glace, it does not seem to have much on documentation, guides, or support. The most concerning aspect is that they don't have any real limits which makes it seem like a makeshift system as opposed to a serious service. Abuse on the server seems like it would require manual intervention and would damage others until that happens.

• another question, do you use your own panel or is it DirectAdmin like others?

while, these questions would also help other people looking into your service

I appreciate your interest! We have a very clean and easy-to-use dashboard. You can handle all of your addresses and domains from the Mango Dashboard. In case you were wondering, yes it was built from scratch. We mainly did that to make the experience as easy as possible. I'd love for you to try it out and let me know what you think.

• Can I pay with 🥭 after 2 weeks?
    I have some in my fridge.

Thanked by (1)dgc1980

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

@yoursunny said:
    Can I pay with 🥭 after 2 weeks?
    I have some in my fridge.

Haha, maybe maybe...

• @jrmy where is your company based? exact postal address please. how do you handle the european data protection regulation?

edited November 2023

@lapua said:
    @jrmy where is your company based? exact postal address please. how do you handle the european data protection regulation?

We are based in the US. Specifically, Florida, 33702. Can you be more specific in which data protection regulation you are referring? Since we are a US company, we will always abide by US law. Mango Mail is strictly meant for real, legitimate communication.

• @jrmy said:

@lapua said:
    @jrmy where is your company based? exact postal address please. how do you handle the european data protection regulation?

We are based in the US. Specifically, Florida, 33702. Can you be more specific in which data protection regulation you are referring? Since we are a US company, we will always abide by US law. Mango Mail is strictly meant for real, legitimate communication.

He likely means GDPR which Europeans will tell you applies to the US even though it's not a US-passed law.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • @jrmy said:
    We are based in the US. Specifically, Florida, 33702.

Please give exact postal address so that I can send 🥭 to pay for renewal.
    We ship mangoes by Priority Mail®️.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

@skorous said:

@jrmy said:

@lapua said:

He likely means GDPR which Europeans will tell you applies to the US even though it's not a US-passed law.

Thank you skorous.

We take data privacy and security very seriously. Our policy does outline that we prohibit abuse of any kind and have the right to audit subject lines for security purposes. Users always have the ability to delete their mail (which will immediately remove from servers), delete their mailboxes or their accounts (which will also permanently delete but is delayed in case of accidental deletion).

• @skorous said:

@jrmy said:

@lapua said:

correct! ;)

Thanked by (1)skorous
  • Logo looks like eggplant v2.

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • No provider tag.

Thanked by (3)lapua ialexpw FrankZ

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• @terrorgen said:
    No provider tag.

I think we've already had this discussion when others have posted free items for a certain length of time. Think is was @FrankZ who said the fact that's free qualifies it. Apologies if I've got that wrong.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin FrankZ
  • @skorous said:

@terrorgen said:
    No provider tag.

I think we've already had this discussion when others have posted free items for a certain length of time. Think is was @FrankZ who said the fact that's free qualifies it. Apologies if I've got that wrong.

oh yeah, true that.

Thanked by (1)skorous

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• Free for 2 Weeks
    to me a week is like 2 days - Monday and Friday, everything in between is a flash

pay $5 and get free 2 months.

anyway , i like your logo ., makes me crave for a mango.

Thanked by (1)adly

@ehab said:
    Free for 2 Weeks
    to me a week is like 2 days - Monday and Friday, everything in between is a flash

pay $5 and get free 2 months.

anyway , i like your logo ., makes me crave for a mango.

Appreciate the kind words for the logo :). What do you mean by "pay $5 and get free 2 months"?

• @jrmy said:
    Appreciate the kind words for the logo :). What do you mean by "pay $5 and get free 2 months"?

i didn't see pricing but just thought you would give more free time.

edited November 2023

@ehab said:

@jrmy said:

i didn't see pricing but just thought you would give more free time.

I think anything past 2 weeks would be too much.

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • you have my blessings to continue :)

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited November 2023

A few modification in the OP and now we should be good.
    @jrmy a free offer thread needs to be a free offer and nothing more. It is a great way to introduce your company to the community. Where it crosses the line into being a regular offer is when your free offer thread talks about paid offers. For that you need a provider tag. Provider tags are free and I wound be more than happy to process it for you promptly.

Thanked by (3)bikegremlin skorous adly

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

@FrankZ said:
    A few modification in the OP and now we should be good.
    @jrmy a free offer thread needs to be a free offer and nothing more. It is a great way to introduce your company to the community. Where it crosses the line into being a regular offer is when your free offer thread talks about paid offers. For that you need a provider tag. Provider tags are free and I wound be more than happy to process it for you promptly.

My apologies. I would definitely like to apply for the Provider tag. How would I go about that?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@jrmy said: My apologies. I would definitely like to apply for the Provider tag. How would I go about that?

DM'd

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• it is good that LES now have other email provider other than MXroute. but the in/out limit per day is too low compared to MXroute.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer
    edited November 2023

Feedback - if it helps:

Outbound limits are quite low. I had to double check if they're daily or hourly limits - because they seemed quite low even for hourly limits. But they're daily limits.

Lowest plan makes sense in terms of being a low-priced hosted-email plan. I think it's generally a good idea to use a hosted email service, separate from your hosting server, and that looks like an affordable way to start - cheaper than MXroute.

Lowest plan't storage space is generous for the price. Higher plans are also OK IMO. Just the outbound (and even inbound) limits are very low.

MailChimp's Mandrill service has a neat option of queuing outbound emails. If you hit your hourly limit, all of the "extra" emails are queued to be sent in the following hour, while always leaving a 5% reserve for any transactional emails that need to be sent ASAP.

I don't know how complicated or how much it costs to implement that - but that way one could work with a lower outbound limit (though, anything under 100 emails per hour, not per day, seems unreasonably low).

MangoMail's Knowledge base is good - some effort there - which is admirable and not very common.

DKIM DNS record instructions are lacking (or I've managed to miss them).

Grumpy old man feedback:
    "Cloudflare" icon in the DNS manuals list should be brighter orange, or just white background.
    Free SEO tip - make that list have its own full URL, instead of using a query string - if possible.

Cloudflare setup instructions feedback (goes for other providers as well, based on what I've checked out so far):

Images are small - hard to read. Make an option to click on them and make them full-screen.
    Even the full image resolution looks slightly blurry. Did you resize the PNG screenshot? Don't do that - reduce the number of colours using the squoosh.app (how to optimize website images).

Ideally, you could make "code" fields for easier copy/pasting in addition to the screenshots.

Check the Namecheap setup's SPF record - I could be wrong, but it seems to be lacking.

The "Related Docs" feature is awesome - good work on that. :)

Relja CDO Novović

Thanked by (4)FrankZ ehab sh97 adly

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited November 2023

@jrmy - I strongly suggest you take @bikegremlin 's helpful suggestions seriously. He knows his stuff in this area.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@FrankZ said:
    @jrmy - I strongly suggest you take @bikegremlin 's helpful suggestions seriously. He knows his stuff in this area.

Yup - my idea was to help another great email service emerge.
    That's why I took the time to write all that drivel.
    Otherwise, I'd just ignore it.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews