Why is there no top provider poll on LES

Comments

• @FrankZ cmon do something.

Thanked by (1)Nekki
  • That is because the Yeti would win every year and the everyone would get jealous and angry. They may even take their balls and go home.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

To win top provider you usually just have to give the cheapest possible and not deadpool in the first 24 months usually.

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• @MikeA said:
    To win top provider you usually just have to give the cheapest possible and not deadpool in the first 24 months usually.

You don’t need it.

You’re already a top provider for some of us ✌🏼

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG
    edited November 2023

@TheDP said:

@MikeA said:

You don’t need it.

You’re already a top provider for some of us ✌🏼

lol, well, I am talking about some past incidents on OGF. Besides BuyVM (who doesn't even advertise there now), I think most other "top providers" there are deadpool? But I haven't bothered checking.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• @MikeA said:

Different clientele here.

Thanked by (1)MikeA
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Nekki

@Neoon said:
    @FrankZ cmon do something.

I know you guys saw the "I'm going traveling" message in my signature and you're just messing with me.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin Dewlance

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:
    @Nekki

@Neoon said:
    @FrankZ cmon do something.

I know you guys saw the "I'm going traveling" message in my signature and you're just messing with me.

There was nothing in my inbox.

• i gree with you, Sir

🤠

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited November 2023

@MikeA said:

Just change the rules, include Geekbench to price ratio.
    Racknerd will be at the bottom, with the stoneage E5's, no worries.

Thanked by (1)DanSummer
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Nekki said:

@MikeA said:

Different clientele here.

exactly. its 36 months here.

Thanked by (2)MikeA host_c

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• I think we did it once... And that "best provider" ended up dead pooled (NB anyone?)

Better not jinx it again.

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@terrorgen said:
    I think we did it once... And that "best provider" ended up dead pooled (NB anyone?)

@Hetzner_OL & @UltraVPS were "Voted Top Provider"
    @Francisco was voted "Peoples Host Of The Year 2019"

So yea, it's been a while

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@terrorgen said:
    I think we did it once... And that "best provider" ended up dead pooled (NB anyone?)

How did you escape?

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin FrankZ

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @terrorgen said:

Didn't HostDoc and HostSol.. also feature in that popularity Fashion contest on OGF besides Nexuzzbite?

Squats are the new Push-ups

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@AuroraZero said:

@FrankZ said:

@terrorgen said:

How did you escape?

Wouldn't you like to know. :sunglasses:

• How are you... online?

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer
    edited November 2023

We've stopped the polls because VirMach is the hands down uncontested winner in all categories, and it's been so for years!

VirMach or die!">
    VirMach or die!

Edit:
    Yes, shop/affiliate/non-Karen-friendly link.
    :)

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• edited November 2023

Flamboyant fanboy @bikegremlin ,
    at least another shepherd tries to (or pretend to) be natural

smartass shitposting satirist

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@MikeA said:

Could always come up with a sensible formula, so that the 'peoples' votes only count for a certain percentage, take external reviews into account, years active, forum activity (so Inception me out haha), service speed, network quality, hardware age, the price comes into it but as a sum against other variables.

That would probably be a more reliable and balanced view.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• host_chost_c Hosting Provider

@InceptionHosting said: That would probably be a more reliable and balanced view.

It would be interesting to see al that taken into account, but to calculate all throes variables, it will take

Host-C - VPS Services Provider - AS211462

"If there is no struggle there is no progress"

@InceptionHosting said:

@MikeA said:

Could always come up with a sensible formula, so that the 'peoples' votes only count for a certain percentage, take external reviews into account, years active, forum activity (so Inception me out haha), service speed, network quality, hardware age, the price comes into it but as a sum against other variables.

That would probably be a more reliable and balanced view.

We should keep it simple:

1. Collect all the votes.
    2. Throw the ballot boxes into the sea.
    3. Declare VirMach the winner.

On a more serious note, my 2c:

Provider of the year (just like the "employee of the month/year") is a crappy marketing gimmick at best, and prone to abuse.

Providing a good service (or doing a good job) earns respect and recognition from the colleagues and clients - that's enough of a reward in itself. More worth than any plaque or awward.

Relja

Thanked by (2)host_c FrankZ

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member

• @bikegremlin said:

Provider of the year (just like the "employee of the month/year") is a crappy marketing gimmick at best, and prone to abuse.

Providing a good service (or doing a good job) earns respect and recognition from the colleagues and clients - that's enough of a reward in itself. More worth than any plaque or awward.

Relja

Yeah, but that ain’t much fun for the community.

Thanked by (2)sh97 bikegremlin

@Nekki said:

@bikegremlin said:

Relja

Yeah, but that ain’t much fun for the community.

LES mods when the Black Friday craze is just not enough:

:)

Thanked by (1)FAT32

• host_chost_c Hosting Provider

Host-C - VPS Services Provider - AS211462

"If there is no struggle there is no progress"

• not enough nominees?

• @ususk said:
    not enough nominees?

There are lots of nominees.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @TheDP said:

@ususk said:
    not enough nominees?

not every host should to be nominated considering it's top provider poll

• @ususk said:

@TheDP said:

@ususk said:
    not enough nominees?

not every host should to be nominated considering it's top provider poll

Not every host will be nominated anyways.

It all depends on the community members and who they vouch as their top/personal favorite(s).

Thanked by (1)webcraft

• What about topless providers ?

Thanked by (1)ususk

Squats are the new Push-ups