Scaleway: the end of the free 75GB free tier

Got a mail:

On the same day, we introduced 3-month free trial on Multi-AZ Standard, with a generous 750GB of >storage. It can be exclusively activated at any time through our Scaleway Console and will be available to >all who've never experienced Multi-AZ. By starting your free trial, you will benefit from a 3-month guided >immersion into the benefits of this class!

The changelog says:
https://www.scaleway.com/en/docs/changelog/?a=object-storage-473dbde2-9521

The existing free tier is evolving to better support our customers

Testing the calculator showed that 75GB free egress still exists, but no free storage any more.

Thanked by (2)Dazzle Ganonk
Tagged:

Comments

• Scaleway will always remain in my mind as the provider who offered cheap dedicated ARM servers at just 3€ per month. Once they stopped focusing on this market, they have become shit. Scaleway is just another shit provider with shit support. This is highly not recommended.

How are you... online?

• So no heads-up? Just dropped and fuck you? :D

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• I lied this post has given me the diabeetus

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @root said:
    Scaleway will always remain in my mind as the provider who offered cheap dedicated ARM servers at just 3€ per month. Once they stopped focusing on this market, they have become shit. Scaleway is just another shit provider with shit support. This is highly not recommended.

I don't really agree, I've been using their services for 10 years now.
    And it's still very solid.
    Since the shift to the cloud and managed services, it's true that they've raised their prices significantly.
    But I'm still very satisfied with the quality of their services.

Now there are a lot of competitors in this price range. And I'm not sure they're the best in the business.

Thanked by (1)root
  • @remy said:

@root said:
    Scaleway will always remain in my mind as the provider who offered cheap dedicated ARM servers at just 3€ per month. Once they stopped focusing on this market, they have become shit. Scaleway is just another shit provider with shit support. This is highly not recommended.

I don't really agree, I've been using their services for 10 years now.
    And it's still very solid.
    Since the shift to the cloud and managed services, it's true that they've raised their prices significantly.
    But I'm still very satisfied with the quality of their services.

Now there are a lot of competitors in this price range. And I'm not sure they're the best in the business.

Their big claim to fame is fair port sizes and unmetered bandwidth. They're still the cheapest cloud provider if you're pushing ~500t-1pb/month, by far.

Thanked by (1)Darkimmortal
  • Keep in mind that Scamway is just Offline.net in disguise, y'all

• Everytime I see this company name I wonder which smart alec has dropped the name online.net.
    Apart from this, their service (dedicated server) has been rock solid and no interruption since 2015. Their support is better than ovh but worse than hetzner (by far).

Thanked by (1)Darkimmortal