Mango Mail: Get 3 months free when starting a plan before January 1st.

MangoMailMangoMail Services Provider
edited December 2023 in Offers

The holidays are here and we're celebrating by giving 3 MONTHS FREE to all users who signup before the new year!

About Us

Mango Mail is an affordable email host tailored for small businesses. We charge based on data instead of number of users allowing you to create as many addresses or connect as many domains as you need. We've been up & running since January 2023 and pride ourselves on ease-of-us and reliable customer support. We support advanced features including Aliases, Catch-Alls, Plus Addressing, Subdomain Addressing, and more. We also have countless guides and tutorials to help customers every step of the way. We are an official company registered with the state of Florida.

Why Choose Mango Mail?

⚡ Lightning Fast Customer Support: Get help in a matter of minutes with our speedy customer support.
🔒 Advanced Security Measures: Mango Mail prevents the use of leaked passwords and offers TOTP 2FA.
🧠 Intuitive UI/UX: Easily control all your emailing needs across all your domains and business in a simple, unified dashboard
✔️ High Reputation: Mango Mail provides high sending reputation by constantly watch our IP traffic, staying up-to-date with the latest security policies, and preventing email abuse before it even happens.

Customer Reviews:

Our Trustpilot reviews showcase that customers not only enjoy the simplicity of our service but also the extent of our customer support.

Email Server Quality:

It's no mystery that both the quality and reputation of an email service are paramount to its success. That's why we take IP reputation, security protocols, and abuse prevention very seriously. Our IP has a high sender reputation and lands in the Inbox for Gmail, Outlook, etc. You can check out our MX toolbox pages to see more on our adherence to security protocols and more.

How do I get 3 months free?

All you have to do is select a plan before January 1st and the promotion will automatically be added at checkout!

Homepage: https://mymangomail.com/
Pricing: https://mymangomail.com/#pricing
Signup: https://admin.mymangomail.com/signup

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin jarland

Comments

• edited December 2023

What happenes if you get more incoming emails than your plan allows?

After the three month trial does the account automatically convert to a billable plan?

• MangoMailMangoMail Services Provider
    edited December 2023

@Joseph We won't bounce emails if you go over you plan limit. You will be sent a warning message informing you that you are over the limit. It's important to note that abuse emails don't count in this limit, so you can't be randomly attacked and instantly use up your limit.

Also the trial is 2 weeks. If you pick a plan before January 1st, you will get an extra 3 months free. There is no automatic billing as the free trial does not require a card

• @MangoMail The checkout page is asking for a one year payment. It says it'll add 3 months, per the promotion, on top of the 12 months requiring payment.

@Joseph Yes, the promotion is when you start a plan. If you're asking why it's yearly instead of monthly, it is because the charge would be too small ($1.50/mo) and would be a fraud problem.

• @MangoMail It doesn't allow starting a plan without a credit card or billing method. It's requiring a payment when starting a plan. I don't see any option to start a plan for the three months without a card.

@Joseph You can start a 2-week free trial without a card. However, you can only get the free 3 months after starting or upgrading a paid plan.

• @MangoMail said:
    @Joseph You can start a 2-week free trial without a card. However, you can only get the free 3 months after starting or upgrading a paid plan.

So in order to get the three free months you need to provide a credit card?

@Joseph Yes. In order to get the 3 free months, you have to pay for a plan. Whether you use card or another payment method is up to you but the free months only get added on top of your order. That means you get 15 months for $18. If you just want to try things out without a card, you can use the 2-week free trial which should be more than enough to try things out.

• @MangoMail said:
    @Joseph We won't bounce emails if you go over you plan limit. You will be sent a warning message informing you that you are over the limit. It's important to note that abuse emails don't count in this limit, so you can't be randomly attacked and instantly use up your limit.

What is the logic behind an incoming email limit?

@adly said:

@MangoMail said:

Since we allow unlimited addresses, it's important to realize the overhead that comes with that. If we allowed unlimited addresses and unlimited incoming messages, that would mean unlimited system resources and the potential for one user to consume all resources. We impose an incoming limit that is fair and reasonable for each plan's price point. Spam and abuse messages don't count towards this so you cannot be bombarded with email then lose your limit. It is also important to note that your emails wont get bounced just because you crossed the limit. We will send out several warnings asking you to consider upgrading if that is the case.

• That make sense but your limits are actually discouraging, may be you could go little more generous with your limits.

Thanked by (1)adly

@mgcAna said:
    That make sense but your limits are actually discouraging, may be you could go little more generous with your limits.

I'm sorry to hear that and we'll definitely consider it. However, right now we think receiving 200 emails and sending up to 50 in a single day is more than enough for regular users at just $18 for 15 months. We support all the way up to 3000 in and 500 out. Anything above that is really mass emailing/marketing which is not something you are supposed to do on our servers (you would need to combine it with an smtp relay service which we allow).

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • @MangoMail said:

@adly said:

@MangoMail said:

Since we allow unlimited addresses, it's important to realize the overhead that comes with that. If we allowed unlimited addresses and unlimited incoming messages, that would mean unlimited system resources and the potential for one user to consume all resources. We impose an incoming limit that is fair and reasonable for each plan's price point. Spam and abuse messages don't count towards this so you cannot be bombarded with email then lose your limit. It is also important to note that your emails wont get bounced just because you crossed the limit. We will send out several warnings asking you to consider upgrading if that is the case.

I understand, however you already have size limits - what does limiting the incoming amount further achieve? The actual receipt of email isn’t exactly a resource intensive task.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer
    edited December 2023

@adly said:

@MangoMail said:

@adly said:

@MangoMail said:

I understand, however you already have size limits - what does limiting the incoming amount further achieve? The actual receipt of email isn’t exactly a resource intensive task.

Just looked over my email stats. I could make it work with the cheapest plan without any problems.

So, the limits seem quite low (that was my first impression), I agree, but they may not really be.

Should MangoMail increase the inbound limits for marketing reasons (because they do seem low)?

Well, bicycle (paved) road tyre manufacturers put very small, superficial tread on the tyres, because it's easier to sell that way, than it is to educate buyers that, for bicycle tyres, tread is detrimental for grip on paved roads (even in the rain, yes).

Relja TheSlick Novović

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @bikegremlin said:

@adly said:

@MangoMail said:

@adly said:

@MangoMail said:

Just looked over my email stats. I could make it work with the cheapest plan without any problems.

So, the limits seem quite low (that was my first impression), I agree, but they may not really be.

Should MangoMail increase the inbound limits for marketing reasons (because they do seem low)?

Well, bicycle (paved) road tyre manufacturers put very small, superficial tread on the tyres, because it's easier to sell that way, than it is to educate buyers that, for bicycle tyres, tread is detrimental for grip on paved roads (even in the rain, yes).

Relja TheSlick Novović

Agreed - in the case it’s a marketing tactic - I was just curious if there was an actual logical reason. I would also easily fit within the limits, but then I wouldn’t go for a service that is being artificially limited in such a way purely for marketing purposes.

@adly said:

@bikegremlin said:

@adly said:

@MangoMail said:

@adly said:

@MangoMail said:

Relja TheSlick Novović

Agreed - in the case it’s a marketing tactic - I was just curious if there was an actual logical reason. I would also easily fit within the limits, but then I wouldn’t go for a service that is being artificially limited in such a way purely for marketing purposes.

My point was that Mango could increase the limits for marketing (so they don’t seem too low).

I don’t think they are set low to increase sales.

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member

• @bikegremlin said:

@adly said:

@bikegremlin said:

@adly said:

@MangoMail said:

@adly said:

@MangoMail said:

Relja TheSlick Novović

My point was that Mango could increase the limits for marketing (so they don’t seem too low).

I think that they are set low to encourage purchasing a higher tier plan rather than a lower tier plan.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin adly

@Joseph said:

@bikegremlin said:

@adly said:

@bikegremlin said:

@adly said:

@MangoMail said:

@adly said:

@MangoMail said:

Relja TheSlick Novović

I think that they are set low to encourage purchasing a higher tier plan rather than a lower tier plan.

That sounds clear and reasonable for the outbound mail limits.
    Not really sure about the inbound.

Thanked by (1)adly

• @bikegremlin said:

@adly said:

@MangoMail said:

@adly said:

@MangoMail said:

Relja TheSlick Novović

For once I thought Mangomail guy replied :smile:

I think @MangoMail could go for hourly limit instead of daily.

• @mgcAna said:

@bikegremlin said:

@adly said:

@MangoMail said:

@adly said:

@MangoMail said:

Relja TheSlick Novović

For once I thought Mangomail guy replied :smile:

There doesn’t appear to be any logical reason for an inbound limit, whether daily or hourly. You have a fixed about of space - surely you’re should be free to use that however you feel fit.

The only possible reason is to force an upgrade if you receive a large amount of emails but never hit the size or outbound limit, which I personally disagree with as the resources required and thus cost for receiving an email is frankly negligible.

We could definitely consider doing hourly. The main goal with this is always the safety of our current customers. Protecting our users from server abuse always takes precedence over sales.

There doesn’t appear to be any logical reason for an inbound limit, whether daily or hourly. You have a fixed about of space - surely you’re should be free to use that however you feel fit.

The only possible reason is to force an upgrade if you receive a large amount of emails but never hit the size or outbound limit, which I personally disagree with as the resources required and thus cost for receiving an email is frankly negligible.

The reason for an inbound limit is far from a marketing tactic. You cannot compare a large scale email host to a single domain host. When you talk about incoming not being resource intensive, you must realize that anything can become resource intensive at the right scale. Especially when we say "unlimited", it is bound to have users push the limits. We explicitly define limits to show customers that our product isn't a shallow promise, we stand by what we say and can keep the service running smooth.

Keeping limits in check is not only a great way to prevent server abuse but also a way to make sure that the customers who use us can trust the availability of our services. If we just wanted sales, we would forget about such things.

Relja TheSlick Novović

Thank you @bikegremlin. It is extremely difficult to get customers to realize that inbound emails still cost CPU time and RAM. Even if it seems minuscule, we have to multiply that overhead by the amount of messages that go in/out daily for every customer. That easily stacks up and would make any system choke in a matter of minutes when users could potentially send as much as they want for just $18.

At the end of the day, it's the abusers for which these limits really matter, and funny enough, they're never the ones to complain. The fact is, we've never had a customer actually hit their limits and not **need ** the upgrade. We are very forgiving with our limits, we have no surprise charges, and no added fees.

From a business standpoint, it makes sense to capitalize on the ignorance of customers, but we're willing to go the extra mile to give a good product.

edited December 2023

@MangoMail said:

We could definitely consider doing hourly. The main goal with this is always the safety of our current customers. Protecting our users from server abuse always takes precedence over sales.

From my experience:

Take 200 inbound email daily limit as an example. That would be, say 9 emails per hour.

I don’t think I’ve ever had over 200 inbound emails in 24 hours.

But I sure have had over 9 in one hour.

So, setting daily limits seems more reasonable to me. Especially for the inbound emails, and even more so when both inbound and outbound limits are set so “low” (quotation marks because of my previous few posts and your explanations - which sound reasonable).

Relja

• edited December 2023

@MangoMail said:

The reason for an inbound limit is far from a marketing tactic. You cannot compare a large scale email host to a single domain host. When you talk about incoming not being resource intensive, you must realize that anything can become resource intensive at the right scale. Especially when we say "unlimited", it is bound to have users push the limits. We explicitly define limits to show customers that our product isn't a shallow promise, we stand by what we say and can keep the service running smooth.

Keeping limits in check is not only a great way to prevent server abuse but also a way to make sure that the customers who use us can trust the availability of our services. If we just wanted sales, we would forget about such things.

You could raise your inbound limits several times the current quotas while still staying well below any concern of a customer being too resource intensive.

Additionally, in my opinion, when potential customers see an inbound limit many will be worried they'll lose emails (not being aware of your no bounce rule) and thus decline to sign up.

By the way, is the outbound quotas a hard limit?

Thanked by (1)adly

You could raise your inbound limits several times the current quotas while still staying well below any concern of a customer being too resource intensive.

We also have to watch out for abuse affecting reputation. There are really a lot of moving parts here and resource usage is completely dependent on the amount of concurrent users, not just the use of a single user.

By the way, is the outbound quotas a hard limit?

No it is not, but we do not promote abusing it.

We also have custom sieve scripts coming soon!

• Can’t wait for you to add a webmail. Is it custom or an existing product?

Webmail is so close to releasing but we really want to make it as good as possible.

Is it custom or an existing product?

Are you referring to the sieve script feature?

• How does Mango compare to its closest competitors in this market?